After tonight, TNA's ratings will increase.

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
Why? Because of this.

[YOUTUBE]jqdl8oImbNQ[/YOUTUBE]

Tonight is the premiere of The Ultimate Fighter 13: Lesnar vs Dos Santos.
Months ago when I first heard the news Brock was going to be coaching TUF 13, I made a thread saying that TNA's ratings would rise because of this and I still believe it.

One of the reasons TNA's ratings will rise, is the TUF series alone(aside from Lesnar.) Does anyone know what other shows are on Spike besides TUF and TNA?

I never understood why Two and A Half Men was the highest rated comedy on TV. Obviously there are funnier shows, but none of them came close to the ratings of TAAHM. The reason is because CBS, which TAAHM airs on, gets the highest prime time TV ratings of all the big US networks. Of the top 10 most watched shows on TV, CBS holds about half the spots. Point being - For a show to be successful, it helps to have other successful shows around it.

Aside from TUF, TNA has no other notable shows around it. So having TUF airing again, is a good thing for TNA ratings no matter what.

Tonight, TUF will air and I'm sure we will see a number of TNA iMPACT! commercials, with the likes of Hogan, Flair, Angle, Sting, etc.
They will play up the household names to attract the attention of casual MMA/wrestling fans.

The reason this season of TUF might be more beneficial then others, is not just because of the ratings Lesnar will draw. Brock Lesnar is the biggest box office attraction in the world of MMA. This is due in part to him being a former professional wrestler. The people who will be watching TUF tonight because of Lesnar, are the same people geared towards watching pro wrestling.

Not only will Lesnar be bringing in the highest rating the TUF show has ever seen, but he also will bringing in fans who might not even know Hogan, Sting, Flair, Angle, Foley, Steiner, RVD etc. are even still involved in wrestling.

The point being, TUF will raise the ratings for the network in general. And this will have a trickle down effect on TNA.

I'm going to be ballsy and say TNA will get a 1.5(1.45 rounded up) rating this week. And I wouldn't be surprised if it did higher, but as the weeks go on, with TUF on Wednesdays and TNA on Thursdays, I'd expect the ratings to steadily grow and not fall below a 1.3(1.25)

I just hope TNA has some good shows lined up for this.

The Ultimate Fighter Changed It's Start Time.
I just looked at the TV menu and it's says TUF 13 will premiere at 9 PM EST.
The show was usually on at 10 and would repeat at 11. Tonight it's on at 9 followed by a new show called Coal. The repeat of TUF isn't on until Midnight.

Lol, you wanna hear something funny. I didn't watch that vid I posted or watch any of the coming attractions on tv because I hate to see coming attractions. You ever see some coming attractions at the movies and it gives the entire fucking movie away? I hate that.

I wanna see Scream 4, but I've yet to watch a trailer because just from the trailer I'll know whose gonna die and all sorts of other little things. It ruins the movie for me. Just tell me when it comes out and I'll be there.

Also, their is a new UFC Unleashed on at 8 before TUF premiere. I wonder if it's going to show the Silva vs Sonnen fight? If it does, those who haven't seen that fight should check it out.

I know what you are saying and in a lot of cases it would help the shows around it. But every MMA fan I know hates Pro Wrestling. Of course there are people that like both, but I think they are a small percentage of UFC fans, at a guess. It might have a small effect, but I can't see it reaching a 1.5 though. The only time TNA got a rating that high, was when Hogan debuted. I hope I'm proved wrong though, as I'ld love to see TNA do well.

Señor Anderson;2983896 said:
I know what you are saying and in a lot of cases it would help the shows around it. But every MMA fan I know hates Pro Wrestling. Of course there are people that like both, but I think they are a small percentage of UFC fans, at a guess. It might have a small effect, but I can't see it reaching a 1.5 though. The only time TNA got a rating that high, was when Hogan debuted. I hope I'm proved wrong though, as I'ld love to see TNA do well.

Yeah, but I think this season is different. The season with Rampage and Kimbo Slice, that was big for fight fans. This season you have Brock Lesnar. He's so popular becomes he brings in the pro wrestling fans. It would be like if Batista was on tough enough, all his fans prior to this are wrestling fans.

But it's not just about wrestling fans actually viewing Spike. It's about the ratings Lesnar will bring it. It's being reported this will be the highest rated show yet, even higher then Kimbo/Rampage season, Lesnar is that huge of a draw. I think it will help TNA, if only slightly.

TNA recently has been getting 1.3's and 1.4s. I don't think it's so much to say they can draw a 1.45(1.5)

Then again, I might be wrong. If TNA does do a 1.45 or higher, then I made a good point. Also this thread isn't really indicative of how good the TNA product is actually is. I'm just hoping that UFC can draw in people for TNA, since they can't seem to do it on their own. UFC draws some newer fans in, then it's TNA's job to keep them by giving them good shows.

I really hopes it works out, because I want to see TNA succeed.

Señor Anderson;2991423 said:

Yeah and not just that, The Ultimate Fighter only got a 1.0 rating. TNA beat the premiere of TUF 13 w Lesnar by .2 in the ratings.

I'm sure it was a disappointment for UFC. I've kind of felt TUF has ran it's course, since each season has gotten more and more boring in the house.

People were big Chris Leben fans cause of the shit he started outside of the octagon and in the house. Now the show is basically inexperienced/untalented fighters who may or may not one day gain some sort of popularity.

I just wonder what TUF's rating would of been like, if it were on USA or some other channel.

Anyway, I enjoyed TNA thursday for whatever it's worth.
I wonder if they could work out a deal to get on a second station, like WGN.

I think FX would be a good channel for TNA if they ever felt like leaving Spike.

Oh, and Senor. You were right, I was wrong :banghead:

You might of won this round, but ...

back.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back