AF9: Joseph Greaves vs. Anderson P. Styles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
Both men received losses last week in their respective Triple Threat matches and will be looking to redeem themselves to gain some momentum back. Although never man looks like they'll be included on the Kingdom Come roster, it's never too late to impress the officials with what they've got to offer the company.

Deadline is Tuesday, May 1st at 11:59 PM Central Time

A cameraman walks around the hallway of the coliseum, where Aftershock is supposed to shoot. He was told that he had to tape Anderson Style’s promo. With that, he just picked up a spare camera from the TV truck and walked around the place, looking for the guy’s locker room. He had taken about half an hour, but was relaxed since Styles wouldn’t mind if he were late. After all, his excuse was rather valid since Styles wasn’t even seen in the ring, as he often sets it up with the ring crew. Along the way, the cameraman bumps into Leon Kensworth, who has a grin on his face after coming out of a locker room. The Cameraman looks at Leon (and the camera along with it to capture Leon’s goofy look).

Cameraman #1: Hey Leon, you don’t happen to know where Styles is, right?

Leon: “Yeah, he’s in his locker room.” Leon said dumbly as he snapped out of is and cleared his throat.

Leon: “There’s a really great party going on over there and he wanted someone to tape it. It’s over there, where I came from.”

Cameraman #1: Alright, I’ll go check it out. Thanks, Leon!

At the end of the hallway, where the people seemed to surround, there was Anderson P. Styles sitting in one of four large brown leather chairs. The cameraman simply walked past the people that were having a good time, talking rather boisterously amongst themselves. It wasn't until the cameraman notice the different wrestler's shirts that he realized these were fans. Styles threw a party for the fans!​

Cameraman #1: “Mr. Styles!”

Anderson looks at the cameraman and he waves over to him to get closer.​

Cameraman #1: “I’m gonna be rolling on your promo. We got to do it now so we can add it to the show. Is that cool?”

Anderson: “No problem!”

Anderson states with a smile as the cameraman aims the camera dead in front of Anderson, who leans back on his large chair while the men and women around him fell into silence. To the cameraman, it seems mind blowing how the people just shut up and looked at Anderson. Anderson, however, looks nonplussed.​

Anderson: “Obviously, you’re all thinking about why this place is so animated in life, joie de vivre and humor and all of those good things. You see, I decided to present the WZCW faithful with a soiree in order for them to know about the real Anderson Styles.”

Anderson stands up and he starts to walk away from the group of chairs and walks past people as the cameraman walks backwards in order to tape him.​

Anderson: “Yes, I am a loser before the questions get started. I did not get the pin which means I lost the battle. I didn’t get a chance to hoot and holler like a crazy person like the teacher did backstage, but it doesn’t mean I won’t get my chance to. Which is a bit of segue so I can get this out of the way.”

Anderson sighs as he stops in the center of the room and all eyes are on him now. He holds up a hand in front of the camera, as if he were stopping someone that was walking up to him.​

Anderson: “Mr. Butty, you have not heard the last of me. You were not man enough to face Jacobs, who isn’t man enough to face anyone and you’re not man enough to face me. Whoever told you that you came here to America to teach us a lesson or two, only to find that you took the coward’s way out and rolled up a guy that was helping you out? That makes you less of a man because you are nothing but a coward. You think you outsmart people but you just look like a really buffoonish person. You got the win, but you’re not getting any more wins on my watch.

Anderson stops after saying the last three words emphatically as the people around him started to murmur in agreement.​

Anderson: “What about Jacobs? The guy thought it was a good idea to punch me in the jaw. Listen, there are quite a few things I can consider patriotic and as American as apple pie. Number three is baseball, number two is comic books and number one; and the most important one is my jaw. This jaw as endured so may hits that it’s got a reputation all on its own. And you mean to tell me that it’s a good idea to punch me in the jaw? You must be some kind of idiot to do that!”

The crowd murmured in agreement as the cameraman kept wondering how Anderson got so many people inside a locker room.​

Anderson: “Here in the Styles show, we do not abide by these rules and I, Anderson P. Styles, will not abide my failure. As of this moment, I would like to publicly apologize to my faithful and I will promise you that such behavior on behalf of that teacher that’s from God knows where and Jacobs will not go unpunished.”

Anderson shrugs and fixes up his dress jacket and puts his hands in his pockets. His demeanor changes from serious to relax.​

Anderson: “Now, we shall let this subject go and we will not talk about it any further, which brings me to my next point: my opponent for this upcoming Aftershock card, where the future of WCZW is having the best matches in the card.”

Anderson furrows his eyebrows together and looks off into the wall behind the cameraman. He forgot the name of the opponent he had for the week. The cameraman looks from the side of the lens and speaks up.
Cameraman #1: You got Joseph Graves on your next match.

Immediately, Anderson takes his right hand and snaps his fingers. He studied the information regarding Greaves like his background and stuff, but forgot the name. In Anderson’s mind, he was that irrelevant.​

Anderson: “Joseph Greaves, he’s called. Thank you, Cameraman.”

Anderson nods at the camera and continued with his diatribe.​

Anderson: “He has taken it upon himself that we, as a collective, have insulted and derided his ethnic identity. You come to my nation and throw down all these claims because of something that someone had told you before. And for some reason, I as your opponent must pay for such thing? That’s just insane! Just because some ignorant buffoon from somewhere told you a bad joke about your crocodile Dundee voice and mannerisms are funny, it doesn’t mean that we have to pay for it. It’s not my fault that you picked the wrong American Loudmouth to mess with.”

Anderson starts to walk forward again and the cameraman continues to walk backwards. As they started to make their way towards the door: the cameraman somehow starts to spin in place while he films Anderson open the door.​

Cameraman #1: What about the party, Anderson?

Anderson waves a hand off to him and looks amused because of the question.​

Anderson: They’ll still be here. As I was saying, here are the facts: you can brawl, you can fly, and you can hang in the extraordinary situations. But guess what? You’re a rookie. You’re just a snot-nosed brat that has barely any experience; especially when compared to me. And yet you, in some weird train of thought, think that you can hang with the best in WZCW? You’re the greenest kid I will ever have the pleasure of beating and I doubt someone like you will ever come along again.

As Anderson and the cameraman stand outside of the locker room, Leon stumbles in with a goofy grin on his face. Anderson grins as well as he pats Leon on the back.​

Anderson: Hey, buddy! You okay?

Leon nods and steps in between them in order to get to the party. As he opened the door, the people inside cheered very loudly.​

Partygoer #1: Leon, you’re the man!

Anderson laughs as the door closes. But the second the sound of the door closing is heard, Anderson’s face turns serious.​

Anderson: I’ve been in this business for eight years, which I bet is more than you’ll ever hope to last in this business. If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s the sheer fact that I just have to outsmart you. I know for a fact that you can’t knock me out, knock me down or anything related to hitting the most patriotic face in professional wrestling. You can’t hang with me on the mat and I know that you’ll slip up. I’ve been in Japan, where getting hit in the face is a daily routine, in Mexico where you’ll get splashed every other weekend. I’ve been to Germany, Canada and England and got stretched fifty different ways from Sunday in order to get me to toughen up. The end result is the toughest Pro wrestler that a rookie like you will ever hope to face.

Anderson gets closer to the camera as he points to it.​

Anderson. You think you’ll have an idea what you’re doing there, Greaves? You think that you’ll out-wrestle me? I seriously doubt that you can, and I know for a fact that you won’t. Because I’m simply better. It’s that thought that will keep you up at night. It’s that thought that nags you in the back of the head when you’re walking down the Styles ramp and stepping into my ring. But you can rest assured that I will make that walk to the ring and stare you down before the bell is rung. You can bet on the fact that I will out-think you, out-maneuver you and simply, out-wrestle you. Don’t get me wrong, I’m counting on the fact that we’ll have the best match in Aftershock and I hope you are too. After all, people pay their heard earned money to watch us throw it down and I damn sure hope that this is the best match in the card.

Stepping back, Anderson places his hand in his pockets and there’s a confident look on his face.​

Anderson: Joseph Greaves, you’re about to be known as the kid who went to finishing school at the hands of Uncle Styles. You’re welcome.

Anderson nods at the cameraman who cuts off the feed to the production truck and they head back inside the locker room, where there are even more cheers for Anderson and for the cameraman, for some reason.​

A Look at Australia Part 3 - The Values
Presented by Joseph Greaves
Brought to you by the High Society

A skinny Aboriginal man is sprawled along the dirt, the only clothing upon his body is a small piece of cloth across his crotch. With a hand across his brow, the old man lifts his head off the ground to assess the shadow approaching him. Suddenly, a new figure steps across into the shot and helps the elderly man onto his feet. With a batch of dirty blonde hair hidden under his akubra hat and a cheeky smile upon his mug, the man helps the Aboriginal elder away from the harsh sun and into a nearby shed. However, as the man turns to the camera and smiles broadly, the entire shot turns to black. As the camera pans it, it is revealed that the scene was just playing out on a television screen and none other than Joseph Greaves switched the screen off in disgust. After rushing away from the scene, the Southern Star emerges out onto a busy, yet serenely clean, street.

Joseph Greaves: The people of Australia are known for their mateship, their compassion and their empathy towards everybody they meet. Even with our backs against the wall, we strive to help those who need it, to empower the downtrodden. But then again, in this modern world the majority of my countrymen are forced to live their lives with their backs against the wall. From every corner of the world, Australians face ridicule. You may be asking, why is this so? Why are these kind, intelligent and simply incredible crop of humanity made out to be nothing more than idiotic hicks?

As he steps across a street, Greaves emerges into a modern town square. Beautiful trees line the outside of the square and an exquisite, sparkling water fountain spurts water into majestic patterns in the centre.

Jason Greaves: One reason. America.

Greaves mows his way through a group of people, crouches down at an empty bench and crosses his legs as he sits.

Joseph Greaves: The United States of America. Their people, they romped my country, they pillaged and raped. Just thirty years ago, they took anything and everything they wanted. They portrayed my nation, my people on the big screen as no more than mental and social ******s. And not only have the audacity to produce such bile, they also sent it across the globe so they could line their already heavy pockets with even more cash.

With a snarl, Greaves continues to stare at the camera.
Joseph Greaves: They look an Australian legend, a man who embodied the values of our great, noble land and they turned him into an idiot. They transformed a true human being, a true survivor into a piece of rubbish. But if you think, dear, loyal viewers that I am just blurting this information without any experiences of this prejudice, you would be very wrong. Take my Mayhem title match last week on Aftershock for instance. I had to battle the odds once again, I had to fight against two men and in the end I got beaten from behind. I should be holding that championship in my hands right now, but instead it remains around the waist of a coward. But a tiny setback, no matter how unfair it was, isn’t going to halt the task at hand. It isn’t going to make me stop what I came here to do – re-education.

Greaves smiles happily at a passing couple but as his gaze returns to the camera, it quickly turns into a grimace.

Joseph Greaves: And speaking of re-education, men, if he can even be called that, like Anderson P. Styles are the reason I began this mission. He is a man who is so arrogantly patriotic that it makes me physically sick to the pit of my stomach. You know what Styles, you can wrestle all the kids you want in a high school gym, and do it as loudly as you want, but that isn’t reality. I know most of you Americans like to create fantasies, in which you put yourself at the tip of the world. However, when we meet in the middle of the ring you are going to meet the definition of true desire. This means everything to me and you, of all people, are not going to take me down before I can truly get started. This week on Aftershock, I shut Styles’ big mouth for good by showing him just how damn good I am, how damn good the rest of Australia is. By battering his proud face into the canvas and pinning him to the mat, one, two, three, I eliminate another obstacle in my path to re-educating the good old US of A. I finally break the shackles of oppression; I finally free my people from ridicule.

Greaves rubs his chin and surveys his surroundings quickly before going on.

Joseph Greaves: Just like on the day of nineteenth birthday when I arrived on the shores of America, hope in my heart and my head clear of-

Attention shuffles to Greaves’ pocket as he fumbles with his beeping phone, pulls out the device, swiftly reads the screen and then dumps it back into his jeans.

Joseph Greaves: And with that, I must say goodbye. Dear viewers, it has been a pleasure educating you on a subject that is very close to my heart and one that, I’m sure, is close to yours too. But alas, this will be my final documentary video for, as of next week, I move to the United States of America on a permanent basis. As much as it pains me to have to live there, I’m afraid it is my only option if I wish for my mission to be a true success. And as I’m going to be featured on WZCW on each and every week, you simply have to turn on the television to continue your re-education.

Joseph springs to his feet and puts his hands in his pockets, a rather solemn look on his face.

Joseph Greaves: My name is Joseph Greaves, thank you and good night.

The camera continues to follow Greaves as he strolls away from the scene and walks into the setting sun. Rather quickly, Greaves wanders into the path of two men and quickly shakes both of their hands warmly. However, due to the reflection of the sun, their faces remain hidden in shadows. The trio, standing side by side, walk off together across the square and into a side street, where a parked car is waiting for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back