AF14: Josh Young vs. Darren Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
Constantine will accompany Darren Bull to the ring.

Aftershock's opening match will feature the recently-debuted Josh Young going against Darren Bull in singles competition. Despite Constantine not being booked to compete this week due to undisclosed reasons, he'll still be able to attend Darren Bull's match at ringside and provide him with tips and tricks to help Bull along in the Program.

Deadline 19th of September, 11:59pm Central Time. No extensions allowed

The scene opens with a dim lit gym. You can hear a continuous pounding. The camera zooms in and you see Josh Young, working on the heavy bag. His face is red, yet glowing from sweat. Young's shirt is dark with sweat. He suddenly stops. He puts his hands over his head, gasping for air. He grabs an orange Gatorade bottle, and takes a quick drink.

“Everyone doubted me. Everyone thought that I didn’t stand a chance. Everyone thought that I wouldn’t even last 5 minutes against Joe Mason. But just like I promised, I proved them wrong. Because you see, Josh Young is a more intellectual man than many think. That’s right, I’m not just a high flyer, spot monkey! I am good in the ring because I am smart. I pick my spots. I go until he shows weakness. And that. And is when I strike.” Young gives a straight kick to the heavy bag.

"It is time for me to strike. It is time for Josh Young to be a household name. It is time for me to become your shooting star. No matter who wants me, they can come get me, and I will win. Do you think I am lying? Do you think I am a fake? Think all you want. It's all your opinion. But when my career is done here in WCZW, your opinions will have changed about me. Instead of thinking, 'No way can Young beat him!' or 'Josh Young? I could not care less about him.' Because by the time I'm finished, you will be thinking 'Josh Young? Hell yeah he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame!' Because I am good enough. I will prove that to you soon enough."

“But right now, I am focused. I am focused on my skills. I am focused on my mind. Josh pauses for a second, taking a breather. I am focusing on Darren Bull. He is my second opponent that’s in this mentor/mentee program. All Bull is, is a glorified jobber. He is lucky that he is in the program. Two weeks ago on Aftershock, I made a mistake. I let my opponent get in my head. I lost that fight because of that. If there is one thing I have learned, it is to never, ever, make the same mistake twice. There is absolutely, positively, no way that I will be defeated by someone like that ever again. That I can promise you." Josh Young starts working on the bag again, now ignoring the camera.

The camera starts to zoom out until a full shot of the gym is shown. The only thing heard is Josh working on the bag. After a few seconds, the camera fades to black as the scene ends
.​

The following RP is brought to you by:

Nothing. Because, I'm too poor for a sponsor.

As I sat down in my locker room of AF 14, I couldn't stop thinking about my lost. I was on the verge to winning like my hero Charlie Sheen. Then, my mentor didn't even bother to help me out. No, what does he do? He gives me a slap to the face.

*Ring* *Ring*

DB: Oh, great. I wonder who it is?

As I pick up my phone it reads the text message is from John.

Sorry, for not being there earlier. I'm going to be a tad late. My flight got cancelled and will be there to show up. Just in case, don't screw up again.

As I read that last sentence, I decided to throw my phone up against the wall. Now I have to focus on my opponent. However, I don't know who it is.

Just then, my old man; Justin T. Bull came into the room. He has the same old gym bag from, before.

DB: What do you want?

Jake: I was wondering if you need any advice?

DB: I hate to say it, but yes. I know we don't get along together, but I need to know my opponent for this week first.

Jake: Lucky, for you. I have found out who it might be.

DB: Okay. How do you find this things out.

Jake: I visit WZCW.com. That Kermit writer is awesome at his job.

DB: I really need to pay attention to that site more.

Justin: Well, your opponent is the man they call Josh Young. If memory recalls he is a rookie here.

DB: Great. Just great. I lose one match and I'm demoted down to rookies. I should have a match with John.

Justin: Well, hold your horses. It will happen sometime close. We first have to know some background knowledge on this kid.

DB: At least his name ain't Joshua.

Justin: Focus, son. You need to show that you are the dominant man here.

DB: Let's go.

Justin: I found out he had a drunk father when growing up.

DB: Haha. At least you never stroke me. So, that means he will be mentally fit to fight. He'll pretend I'm his father and do whatever it takes to get revenge. So, I will have to know how to dodge him.

Justin: Well, he is very slow in the ring. The poor kid will probably not be able to run fast and that will be an advantage for you. You got speed over him.

DB: I also heard one of his strengths is speed. So, how does that add up. You can't be fast and get tired easily.

Justin: He must be high on crack or something. I also hope no one gets a heart attack.

DB: That makes sense, cause how else will you be able to do the both things.

Just then I looked at my watch and see the show is about to start. So, I say bye to my old man and run to the curtain. Just as I'm about to get to my place I see John arriving.

Instead of talking to him I just nod with disapproval and go to destination. John just gives me the signal to get out of his face. I wonder what happened to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back