AF 5: Alexander Stark vs. Phoenix (Lethal Lottery Qualifier)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time is facing Alexander Stark for a place in the Lethal Lottery this week on Aftershock. Please welcome Phoenix.

Leon Kensworth stands, microphone in hand, in the backstage interview area. Phoenix steps in from off-camera and pats Leon on the back with a smile on his face.

First of all, this is my first time seeing you since your return to WZCW, so welcome back.

Thanks, Leon. It feels good to back.

You are coming off your second loss in a row to Drake Callahan, with last week being a Lethal Lottery qualifying match. How are those matches weighing on your mind going into another qualifying match this week?

Losing sucks. There’s no getting around that. I would love to get an opportunity at main eventing Kingdom Come, and that’s why I’m grateful for a second opportunity this week. But did you watch those matches, Leon?

I did. You both look like you had never left.

Neither of us have been in WZCW for months. I can’t speak for him, but I know I hadn’t wrestled a match against someone at that level in a very, very long time. Despite that, we went out there and had two of the best matches that I can remember seeing or being in. We were countering the counters of counters to counters. I would venture to say that a big chunk of the guys in that locker room could not have kept up with the wrestling clinics that Drake and I put on the past two weeks. That’s why I’m not as disappointed as I should be after these losses.

Well, one of those men in the locker room is Alexander Stark, your opponent this week. What are your impressions on the man from Oxford?

There is no denying that the guy is intelligent. You don’t go to a school like that if you aren’t. What I doubt, however, is whether or not that intelligence, the only thing he really has in this world, makes him any better as a wrestler. Sure, he could probably list off 500 different wrestling holds and counters, but that doesn’t mean you can properly use them in a match.

He is a former tag team champion, much like yourself.

That is correct. What really matters, however, is not the fact that we are both former tag champions. It is what we have done as singles competitors. I know I haven’t done much, that’s why I’m back. But what I have done is win a few matches and prove that I can wrestle well enough to stand alone. You show me a match where Stark wrestles a match of the caliber of my last two, and then we can talk.

I don’t want to put words in your mouth, but are you saying that Stark can’t wrestle?

I’m not necessarily saying that. I’m saying that I have proven my ability between those ropes, by not saying that I know however many wrestling holds. Instead, I go out and use them. If Stark can go out and go hold for hold with me on Aftershock, I will shake his hand and admit that I was wrong. Until then, I believe that I can out-wrestle him.

I hate to end on a down note, but I have to ask. What do you do if you fail to qualify for the Lethal Lottery again this week?

Phoenix pauses for a moment and runs his hand through his hair, clearly affected by the question and the possible answers.

Well, Leon, first I would hope for another chance. But I understand there are only so many spots, and I can only have so many opportunities to qualify. To be honest, I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t get into the Lottery. I came here to prove myself as a competitor, not just by above average matches, but with gold. The outcome of this match will be a big swing. Either I’m in one of the biggest matches of the year, or I am possible watching the pay-per-view at home. My ultimate goal is the World Heavyweight Championship, as it is for anyone in this company. If I lose again, and possibly lose my chance at the Lottery, I’ll really have to reevaluate what I’m doing here and what lies ahead. But for now, my focus is one hundred percent on Alexander Stark. Let’s see if the smart guy’s knowledge is practical or not.

Good luck this week, Phoenix.

Thanks, Leon.

Phoenix and Leon shake hands and Phoenix walks away as the screen fades to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back