Adult Swim

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Well I initially was going to make specific threads for Sealab 2021 and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, but it'd probably be best to just combine those and all other shows that air on Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim" block into this thread. Aqua Teen, Sea Lab, Robot Chicken, Metalocalypse, Boondocks, Harvey Birdman, etc all can be discussed in here.

I've been a huge fan of Adult Swim pretty much since it's inception in 2001. Countless absurdly hilarious shows like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sealab 2021, and Robot Chicken have made it the place to go for animated comedy. ATHF specifically is one of the funniest shows on television, animated or not.

So, any other fans of Adult Swim? Any Aqua Teen fans? Sealab? Robot Chicken, etc? All of 'em are great really. I'll start this thread off with this both hilarious and deeply disturbing clip from Aqua Teen Hunger Force involving Handbanana, the rapist hybrid banana-dog.

[youtube]lAuCJia-W_Q[/youtube]​

The one show that I truly watch all the time is Robot Chicken. I find it fucking hilarious, and just about all of their clips and sketches have me laughing my ass off every time I watch. My personal favorite episode has to be the first Star Wars episode of Robot Chicken. I think that one set the bar extremely high, so the second one didn't really match up to it in my opinion. What are some of your favorite Robot Chicken sketches X?

The only show I really watch out of those is Robot Chicken. I think it's absurdity makes it absolutely great. My personal favorite is Dicks with Time Machines. I couldn't stop laughing after that one. I also enjoyed the Coreys attempted to save the drunk and partying Bush twins. Great show.

I used to watch Adult Swim religiously. I've always been a huge fan of ATHF, but I think that show was outdone by Frisky Dingo and Tom Goes To The Mayor (I know Tom Goes To The Mayor isn't on anymore, but I'm not sure about Frisky Dingo). I could never stand the anime on Adult Swim, save for Shin Chan, but that got canceled.

I watch Adult swim while relaxing, usually when I get home from work I'll watch an episode of Family Guy or an episode of Robot Chicken or maybe even Boondocks if I chose to watch that late. Some of my other favorites include Aqua Teen, Frisky Dingo and Metalocalypse. Though Adult Swim does have a few shows that are incredibly pointless and stupid... I tend to not watch those. The anime I never really watched, though that's not to say that I didn't watch an occasional episode of Bleach or Inuyasha

I watch adult swim because there's usually nothing on at the time. For Adult Swim original shows, I love ATHF, Sea Lab, Harvey Birdman, Metalacolypse, and Robot Chicken. My favorite of those being Harvey Birdman. It's just so hysterical. Plus, there's Stephen Colbert, and in case you can't tell, I'm a bit of a Colbert fan.

I absolutely love Adult Swim, and it's fairly easy to say that Robot Chicken is one of my favorite shows on TV right now. Simply put, it's the kind of humor that works so well. It'd be kind of like if you gave a child a mixture of Captain Crunch and Crack, and let them be off on their merry way. And yet, in some ways, it actually reminds me of my childhood. When I was a boy, I used to love shows such as Ren & Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life, whose humor was completely off the wall, but always just struck me as absolutely hilarious. It very much borrows from that same vein of almost Dissociative Television, in which the show has multiple personalities, and is really all over the place. Some may not like it, but I absolutely love that about these shows, and feel that more TV shows should actually boradcast this type of humor.

Another show I can't wait to see come back is The Boondocks, as that show keeps it about as real as any other show on television. I love how the producers use such a toungue in cheek persona with all of their characters. While it was on television, I was always a fan of Chappelle's Show, and I feel that, personally, this show is the rightful heir to the "keeping it real" crown.

I'd actually like to throw this question out to anyone, and hopefully start a debate on it. I used to remember, in it's origins, Adult Swim featured a lot of Anime. The show I rememebered most was probably Cowboy BeBop, and I completely loved that show. My question is this... Should adult swim also feature more anime shows, and keep them in their entirety.

I'd personally love it. I always was a pretty big fan of anime, and that being the case, I'd love to see unedited portions. Yes, I know that would involve much more nudity, but that's why you'd air your broadcasts at like 1 AM or such. Anyway, would you like to see more episodes of Anime on Adult Swim?

So are there any other huge fans of The Boondocks on here? I can't express just how much I love that show. Consistently one of the funniest shows on television, and almost always delivers a true message aimed at black youth about not falling into the negative cliches and stereotypes of lower class African Americans. I won't pretend to be a bastion of African American history or knowledge, and I wouldn't want to considering I'm white. But I think it's safe to say that Aaron McGruder is currently one of the best black writers working in TV if not the world.

And how can you not love that theme song?

This is just about the funniest thing I've ever seen. I laughed so hard I almost threw up the first time I saw this. I hope it's cool to post it since it has the N word a few times, but hopefully within the context, it's alright.

The only show I don't watch is tim and erics, I find that show to be pretty pointless and really unfunny, they just do 200 random shitty things and have morons play on there shows. I love the boondocks and squidbillys, but I've never really been a huge fan of the anime on there . Metapoclipse is my fave show on there as of the moment because I'm a huge metal head and I can relate to some of the shit on it.

So are there any other huge fans of The Boondocks on here? I can't express just how much I love that show. Consistently one of the funniest shows on television, and almost always delivers a true message aimed at black youth about not falling into the negative cliches and stereotypes of lower class African Americans. I won't pretend to be a bastion of African American history or knowledge, and I wouldn't want to considering I'm white. But I think it's safe to say that Aaron McGruder is currently one of the best black writers working in TV if not the world.

And how can you not love that theme song?

The Boondocks are absolutely epic in every way possible. I became a HUGE fan of that show almost right off the bat. If y'all didn't know it's actually based on the daily comic strip that Aaron McGruder created. Absolutely hilarious, and the fight scenes they always have Huey in crack me up. The animation is top notch and the storylines are all great. McGruder is great for creating ridiculous characters either for recurring roles or just one shots. Examples would be A Pimp Named Slickback, which quite possibly could be Katt Williams' greatest role ever in movies or TV in my opinion, and then the "Killer Kung Fu Wolf Bitch" in her one episode of stalking Granddad. Hell, I'm not one for buying things of iTunes very often, but I bought the entire Season 2 off there, just goes to show how much I enjoy this show.

As far as the rest of AS goes, ATHF is awesome, my two friends and I would just blaze the fuck up all day long while watching entire seasons of the show, including the movie as well. Robot Chicken, well it's been said here already, one of the best shows on AS right now (I rate The Boondocks higher, just a little bit). Sealab 2021 was pretty damn funny as well, I'm disappointed they aren't making any new episodes for it. The Bizarro episode is one of my favorites.

There are just a ton of great shows on Adult Swim, ranging from Harvey Birdman, to Metalocalypse, 12 oz. Mouse, Lucy Daughter of the Devil, the list goes on and I haven't even got to the anime parts either, we'll get to that. However I am disappointed in some of the newer shows AS has been producing, Xavier I didn't find very entertaining, Tim and Eric Awesome Show just bores me to death, and some of the other shows are mindless and idiotic. So AS has become sort of hit and miss with me regarding their own produced material, mostly good, but some bad.

Now we get to why I started watching AS in the first place, the anime. Because of Adult Swim I found my favorite anime of all time in Cowboy Bebop after randomly going through channels one night. I was already into anime at that point in time but had never heard of Cowboy Bebop. I became a huge fan of AS after that and watched it religiously, especially all the anime programs they had going on there. Later on they included shows like Trigun, Tenchi Muyo, FLCL, Death Note, Lupin The 3rd, Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach, and one of my other favorite animes, Samurai Champloo. Ironically enough Samura Champloo was created by the same person that made Cowboy Bebop, hardly a coincidence if you ask me. So Adult Swim has had some terrific Anime to play on their programming block, but they've ventured away from it significantly, and I think this could be why I'm not watching AS much anymore. Well, that plus working at 7 am Monday through Friday and raising a kid doesn't help, but it just seems to me like the quality is dropping for Adult Swim, not saying that it's completely shit now, but I can't sit and watch anything that comes on it anymore like I used to.

So in the end, Adult Swim is still awesome, not as awesome as it used to be when it first started and wasn't a huge hit, but still pretty damn good, I hope they continue improving and maybe even bring Anime back to the spotlight once again.

Robot Chicken is awesome, and yes I did see the Star Wars episode of Robot Chicken and that was awesome. Hans Solo just cracked me up throughout. I'm sure that many of you, like me, love The Venture Brothers, which was based on the show Jonny Quest. The show has SO many interesting characters like Dr. Girlfriend, who judging by her deep voice, is a transsexual, Dr. Orpheous, and Agent 21 and 24. Also, Brock Samson (Just to note, I'm obviously not the 'real' Brock Samson but I thought it was funny) is real badass. He's a Swedish Chuck Norris only that he's indestructable even to Bruce Lee. Also love Squidbillies, The Mighty Boosh, and love Metacalypse. William MurderFace is hilarious because he sounds like he's obnoxiously yelling every time he talks.

Really I only watch 3 shows on it, being ATHF and Robot Chicken, neither of which I follow really closely (not that there is any continuity anyway) but watch casually if it is on sort of thing, but the third is Metalocalypse, which I fucking love. I own both DVD seasons of the show, I place it second only to Arrested Development in terms of best comedy evar. As long as they keep making new seasons of that, I will enjoy Adult Swim.

I love Adult Swim. I watch Family Guy,Robot Chicken,Boondocks,and I guess you can tell...ATHF...

I got DVR so I record alot of these programs to watch at a later date or when nothing else is on so I use it as a way to see great TV when no great TV is on. I've even downloaded an episode of ATHF to my X-Box 360. The Boost Mobile one. It was my all time favorite so far just because it seems like an ad more then anything but made funny

I miss having my TV, as it was constantly, religiously programmed to two things: ESPN and Adult Swim.

Most people are overlooking the awesomest show in the lineup: King of the Hill! Maybe it's just me, as I'm from TX and can relate to alot of the unspoken humor on that show. But of course, my other faves are Robot Chicken and Metalocalypse with its brutal, gory humor...and Murderface.

Pretty much all I watch now is Venture Bros, but the morons decided to remove it from the weekly lineup for The Oblongs lol. Family Guy is on like 6 freaking channels, KOTH I love but ive seen every ep like 20 times, and I somewhat enjoy ATHF & Metalocolypse but cant stand Robot Chicken sorry. I think RB is just cheap and brainless "just my own opinion" I miss the days of good Anime and not just Inuyasha on at what 5am on Sunday morning?. I despise Tim & Eric, but The Boondocks is pretty damn good except I seem to see the same 3 episodes on all the time.

Before we go any further, we should all probably take a moment and remember why we're here...

SPACE GHOST: COAST TO COAST

This gem of a television show is what brought me to Adult Swim in the first place. Since then, I've really enjoyed Sealab 2021, The Venture Brothers, Squidbillies (Unknown Hinson fan!), Tim and Eric, 12 oz. Mouse and even the odd Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Not a fan, however, of Superjail. It's just a little too weird, even for me. Oh, and Home Movies bores me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back