Addressing something about my top 5 most overrated superstars post.

Toothlessagression1980

Occasional Pre-Show
alot of people were shocked that I put Jericho on my top 5 most overrated of all time. I guess they couldn’t read because in my post I clearly said that I respect Jericho now and I’ve warmed up to him...

But from 1999-2005. There was nobody on that roster more annoying then chris jericho
Let me state this... Jericho was always a great in ring performer I never took that away from him but my problem with Jericho for so many years was the fact that people claimed he was the best when it came to mic skills... all I saw was a guy who couldn’t act worth a shit and used corny catchphrases, he was the rock 2.0. And I like the rock but let’s be honest Dwayne was annoying as well at times.. and Dwayne isn’t a great actor either, it took me a good while to warm up to Dwayne as well and maybe ill do a post talking about him one day as well because he’s sort of falls into the same catagory as far as being overrated.

Point is Jericho was not a good talker he was a horrendous actor for many years... taking some time off in 2005 was the best thing to ever happen to chris jericho when he came back in 2007 he improved his acting and mic skills in every aspect, the honest man gimmick was perfect its one of the best heel runs and gimmicks ever. Jericho won me over and throughout 2009 and 2010, even in 2011 and so on he actually was one of my favorites. But I still have to put him on the most overrated due to the fact that so many people praise him in his early days for his mic skills.

Look at a guy like stone cold he didn’t need millions of catchphrases to get over.

Bret Hart had one catchphrase that’s it.

hbk didn’t need catchphrases.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back