• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A Wrestlemania of Lost Legends

HeenanGorilla

Championship Contender
When hearing the sad news of George "The Animal" Steele's passing, I thought of the wrestlers I enjoyed growing up...and then realized how many are no longer with us. Of course, it didn't shock me because, unfortunately, the superstars I loved to watch on TV and in arenas--and whose LJN figures and trading cards and magazines I used to collect--continue to leave us, many times far too early.

Match by match, I realized that not only is there an entire Old-School WrestleMania card that could be put together with matches involving these superstars; but, it would be one hell of an event! Maybe not for those who only enjoy five-star, technically sound matches. But for those like me who like big, colorful characters and grudge matches and to just enjoy the show, this is really an entertaining card!

For example:

Body Slam Challenge
Andre the Giant vs. Big John Studd

Intercontinental Title Match
"Macho Man" Randy Savage w/Elizabeth vs. George "The Animal" Steele

Hair vs Hair Match
Rowdy Roddy Piper vs. "Adorable" Adrian Adonis

Mr. Perfect vs. The Blue Blazer

Ultimate Warrior vs. Hercules

Mixed Tag Team Match
Dusty Rhodes & Sapphire vs. "Macho Man" Randy Savage & Sensational Sherri

Ravishing Rick Rude vs. Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Texas Tornado vs. Dino Bravo

Doink vs. Crush

Earthquake vs. Adam Bomb

Of course, this is only one potential card--and yes, I have Savage pulling double duty. But, the man once had 4 matches in one night. I think he can handle two. Haha!

You could, of course, have Savage/Warrior w/ Liz&Sherri. Or you might go with Warrior/Rude or Perfect/Boss Man for the IC belt along with Adonis/Elmer, Earthquake/Hercules, Piper/Bad News and I'm sure more from the later WrestleManias that I am not as familiar with.

It is sad to see how many superstars are gone now; but, to me, this is one hell of a card and would be a welcomed show to watch--a thank you for all of the entertainment that these superstars gave to me as a kid.

It makes me ponder my own mortality when these guys pass because I know and have watched, tv and live, every single one of these performers.

I'm not sure why, but Roddy passing away hit me the most.

When hearing the sad news of George "The Animal" Steele's passing, I thought of the wrestlers I enjoyed growing up...and then realized how many are no longer with us. Of course, it didn't shock me because, unfortunately, the superstars I loved to watch on TV and in arenas--and whose LJN figures and trading cards and magazines I used to collect--continue to leave us, many times far too early.

Match by match, I realized that not only is there an entire Old-School WrestleMania card that could be put together with matches involving these superstars; but, it would be one hell of an event! Maybe not for those who only enjoy five-star, technically sound matches. But for those like me who like big, colorful characters and grudge matches and to just enjoy the show, this is really an entertaining card!

For example:

Body Slam Challenge
Andre the Giant vs. Big John Studd

Intercontinental Title Match
"Macho Man" Randy Savage w/Elizabeth vs. George "The Animal" Steele

Hair vs Hair Match
Rowdy Roddy Piper vs. "Adorable" Adrian Adonis

Mr. Perfect vs. The Blue Blazer

Ultimate Warrior vs. Hercules

Mixed Tag Team Match
Dusty Rhodes & Sapphire vs. "Macho Man" Randy Savage & Sensational Sherri

Ravishing Rick Rude vs. Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Texas Tornado vs. Dino Bravo

Doink vs. Crush

Earthquake vs. Adam Bomb

Of course, this is only one potential card--and yes, I have Savage pulling double duty. But, the man once had 4 matches in one night. I think he can handle two. Haha!

You could, of course, have Savage/Warrior w/ Liz&Sherri. Or you might go with Warrior/Rude or Perfect/Boss Man for the IC belt along with Adonis/Elmer, Earthquake/Hercules, Piper/Bad News and I'm sure more from the later WrestleManias that I am not as familiar with.

It is sad to see how many superstars are gone now; but, to me, this is one hell of a card and would be a welcomed show to watch--a thank you for all of the entertainment that these superstars gave to me as a kid.

Adam Bomb? Pretty sure he's still alive.

Adam Bomb? Pretty sure he's still alive.

Oh wow, I'm so glad. I thought both of Kronik had died. Sorry about that--great to hear I was wrong.

And Macho Man hit me the hardest because he seemed to be smart with his money and got out before needing to keep coming back. I thought he was the rare guy who was on top and lived to tell. Hit me hard.

Oh wow, I'm so glad. I thought both of Kronik had died. Sorry about that--great to hear I was wrong.

And Macho Man hit me the hardest because he seemed to be smart with his money and got out before needing to keep coming back. I thought he was the rare guy who was on top and lived to tell. Hit me hard.

For me, Savage hurt extra hard because he didn't get his "victory lap". No HOF induction. No special appearance on Raw like most of the other legends. I always wanted to see him appear again, even if just once. But perhaps he didn't care about any of that.

This is a cool concept, but I think it'd make it more interesting to limit a wrestler's appearance to only one match. For example, you have Savage twice on your card. There are so many to choose from, but I think that's part of the fun. I know you having Savage multiple times was on purpose, but I'm just imposing that rule on myself. Also a rule I'm using is that only the competitors in the match itself have to be gone. Not managers/valets/etc.

Texas Tornado vs. Dino Bravo (WM VII)
Earthquake vs. Hercules (WM VI)

Dark matches.

Doink vs. Crush (WM IX)
Roddy Piper vs. Bad News Brown (WM VI)

Two fun matches with comedic value and good for entertainment. The body paint on Piper was memorable.

Mr. Perfect vs. Blue Blazer (WM V)

I needed Owen on the card, and this is his only option. This means no Bossman vs. Perfect for the IC title, but that match ended in DQ anyway.

Andre the Giant vs. Big John Studd, Body Slam Challenge (WM I)

Eddie Guerrero vs. Test, European Championship Match, WM X-Seven
Eddie had Saturn in his corner, but like I said, I'm going for competitors only.

At this point, you can either pair Warrior/Savage's retirement match at WM VII with Rude/Snuka from WM VI

OR

Rude/Warrior for the IC Title at WM V and Rhodes/Sapphire vs. Savage/Sherri.

I think of the four, warrior/savage was the best match, but the better pair for overall quality is Rude/Warrior and the mixed tag. So I would run the mixed tag next-to-last, and Rude/Warrior would be the main event.

It only really hits home how many stars and legends we've lost over the last few years when we do a thread like this.

Commentators - Gorilla Monsoon & Rowdy Roddy Piper

Battle Royal:-
George 'The Animal' Steele, Test, Hercules, Chyna, Big Bossman, Earthquake, Road Warrior Hawk, Umaga, Viscera, Bad News Brown, Dusty Rhodes, Crash Holly

Tag-Match:-
The British Bulldog & Owen Hart vs The Miracle Violence Connection.
Ok, Williams & Gordy to my knowledge, never tagged in WWE, but they both spent time there.

Randy Savage w/Elizabeth vs Crush

Texas Tornado vs Mr Perfect

Eddie Guerrero w/Chavo Snr vs Chris Benoit w/Stu Hart
I don't want to get into it about the Benoit, but these two put on great matches.

Light-Heavyweight Match:-
Brad Armstrong vs Brian Pillman
Armstrong went to WWE as a trainer and wrestled a few house show matches late in his career.

Andre The Giant vs Yokozuna

Main-Event:-
Rick Rude vs Ultimate Warrior
Classic rivalry, sounds about right they should main-event.

WWF Championship:
Roddy Piper (c) vs Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth
85 heel piper against early 90s face savage

NWA Championship:
Kerry Von Erich (c) vs Rick Rude

The Ultimate Warrior vs Yokozuna

Tag Titles:
Owen and Bulldog (c) vs Eddie and Benoit

Dusty Rhodes vs Andre the Giant

Mike Awesome vs Test

Intercontinental Title:
Mr Perfect (c) vs Flying Brian Pillman

Crush vs Umaga

Chris Candino vs Bam Bam Bigelow

Card is listed in reverse order

OP did mania matches, some did just deceased wrestlers. I used only wrestlers who have passed but have competed at Wrestlemania (besides Pillman, who would have most likely wrestled at mania if not passing early). They are not necessarily the characters they were when they competed at mania. Ex: Kerry Von Erich would be late 80s NWA KVE not The Texas Tornado and candino would be ECW candino and not skip.

I've been watching lots of mid 80s-early 90s PPVs and Saturday Night Main Events. It really is mindblowing how many of those guys are dead....and also how many of them have been dead for a long time! Rude, Perfect, Davey Boy, Big Boss Man, etc......these guys were in their 40's! Sad. That whole generation is only in their 50's and 60's and so many of them didn't even make it that far.

Supposedly this new generation is much better about taking care of themselves and not abusing their bodies with all kinds of drugs. Hopefully it pays off with longer lives.

WWF Championship
The Ultimate Warrior (C) vs Randy Savage (w\The Sensational Sherri)
Warrior wins. Elizabeth returns and unites with Savage, like WM VII.

Singles Match
Yokozuna (w\Mr. Fuji) vs Andre The Giant (w\Lord Alfred Hayes)
Andre wins.

Singles Match
Lou Thesz vs Killer Kowalski
Kowlaski wins.

Singles Match
Roddy Piper vs Dusty Rhdoes
Dusty Rhodes wins with a Dusty Finish.

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match
Kerry Von Erich (C) vs Rick Rude.
Rick Rude wins a world title.

Steel Cage Match
"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka vs Chief Jay Strongbow
Snuka wins with a superfly splash from the top of the cage.

Tag Team Ladder Match for the WWF Tag Team Championship
Owen Hart and The British Bulldog (C) (w\Stu Hart) vs Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero (w\Paul Bearer) vs Chavo Guerrero Sr. and Wahoo McDaniel
Owen and Bulldog retain.

Singles Match - "A Blast from the Past"
Gino Hernandez vs Buddy Rose
Hernandez wins.

Singles Match
Umaga vs Bam Bam Bigelow
Bam Bam wins.

WWF Intercontinental Championship Match
Mr. Perfect (C) (w\Freddie Blassie) vs Brian Pillman
Perfect retains.

Triple Threat Match for the WWF Women's Championship
The Fabulous Moolah (C) vs Mae Young vs Luna Vachon
Mae Young wins, by roll-up on Vachon.

Eight Man Tag Team Match
The Von Erichs (Fritz, David, Chris and Mike) vs Dr. Death "Steve Williams", Terry Gordy, George Steele and Ivan Koloff
Williams pins Mike Von Erich for te win.

Dark Match: Singles Match
Chyna vs Nicole Bass
Chyna wins.

Dark Match: Singles Match
Crush vs Doink The Clown
Doink upsets Crush and defeats him.

Dark Match: Fatal 4 Way Match
Big Daddy V vs Earthquake vs Big John Studd vs Bruiser Brody
Big John Studd wins by pinning Earthquake.

Dark Match: Twenty Man Hardcore Battle Royal for the WWF Hardcore Championship
Test vs Chris Candido vs Mike Awesome vs Big Boss Man vs The Junkyard Dog vs Road Warrior Hawk vs Crash Holly (C) vs Hercules vs Chris Kanyon vs Balls Mahoney vs The Missing Link vs Axl Rotten vs Chris Adams vs Lance Cade vs Giant Gonzalez vs Iron Mike Sharpe vs Johnny Grunge vs Rocco Rock vs Sean O'Haire vs Dino Bravo
The Junkyard Dog wins by last eliminating both The Missing Link and Mike Awesome.

* General Manger of the show - Jack Tunney
** All Wrestlers are in Their Prime.

What about Chris beniot vs. Big boss man in a hell in the hell as main event.....

Loser gets hung from the cell

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back