• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A Tag Team NXT?

ian_d

Dark Match Winner
Now, no one really cares about NXT any more. It's long since overstayed any sort of welcome it had and just seems to be providing Tyson Kidd with a pay check. In a similar manner, the tag team division has been fairly dead for a long time as well, mainly providing Santino with a pay check. However, the constant talk of a revival in that area got me thinking.

Is there a better way of getting a couple tag teams out on WWE television than by sticking a tag team NXT season on?

There's scope for using ex tag team guys like JTG and Santino as pros, and there is at least the Rotundo brothers that could be used (despite the insistence that wwe has to have a rotundo and a husky harris)

So, given the tag team revival we are expecting, do you think a tag team NXT might be a worthwhile endeavour?

Well if they want to start the tag team division they need to do in a better place than in an internet show.If the wwe wants to buil the tag team division they need to make nxt more interesting or tag teams will not be taken seriously.

This would be a great way to reignite the tag team division. They have plenty of guys down in FCW to draw from. They could also use a few guys from the main roster or that have appeared on previous seasons of NXT. It would also be a great place for the Kings of Wrestling to debut so that they can prepare them selfs for Raw or Smackdown wit out having to go through FCW. Tis could also be a great way to push the manager role that they seem to be doing. Instead of using active wrestlers as pros use guys like Jimmy Hart,Matt Striker,Vickie,William Regal and some of the road agents like Mike Rotundo or Micheal Hayes, etc. I hope they do try to push tag teams and managers and NXT would be perfect place to do it. If they could getit back on TV it would be even better preferable on Saturday or Sunday Mornings.

Honestly this would be a great idea if NXT was still on TV and people took them seriously. When Nexus attacked Cena last summer it was big because they were on TV so people were able to react to them. If NXT Season 3 did that, the crowd would probably still boo because they love Cena but no one (not even a majority of the IWC) would know who the fuck or why the fuck they came out.

But this is an amazing idea if they can get the show on TV because that's the perfect way to gain exposure to make an impression on the WWE Universe

Horrible horrible idea.

Nothing against reviving the tag team division what-so-ever, in fact I'm all for it. But the NXT concept is so bastardised now that ANYTHING that were to come through it would be buried in the process.

Create a new show and you might have a chance.

I'm all for rebuilding the non existent tag division and NXT can't get any worst so why not have a Tag Team NXT. It will be better than just putting two random guys together to make a tag team. I think that the best way to do it is have a guy of the current roster who's doing nothing and put them with a FCW guy, I don't think they need to have another guy as a pro as there will be a guy from the main roster already in the team.

Someteams could be:

Husky Harris and Bo Rutundo - They're both brothers so it makes sense and I also think they should be brothers on screen as well.

Tito and Primo Colon - They're also brothers so again it makes sense.

Percy Watson and R-Truth - I know Truth is doing something but this would be legendary. These two guys are entertaining and to put them together especially with Truth's current gimmick would be very entertaining.

i would love to see the wwe revive their tag team division, but not on nxt. nxt has become a joke and nobody cares about it anymore. maybe if they did a tag team version of tough enough, then people would probably watch it. and to i_am_electro_boy, tito and primo are cousins, not brothers.

It wouldn't be a bad thing. I mean, as mentioned before, NXT is now on the internet rather then on television which really doesn't make a difference. Bottom line is that NXT is really dry and stale and now after this season we have to watch the winner go through a complete other season (which they'll probably win because lets face it, why make a whole season titled redemption when the guy won't get a WWE contract?) Hopefully they just scrap that idea and give the winner a contract at the end of redemption...But an NXT season 6 NXT: Tag Teams? Why not? The WWE currently has these tag teams...

The USO Brothers (Should be Champions)
Big Show & Kane (Not really)
Rhodes & Dibiase (Gonna break up again)
Otunga & McGuillicutty (FML)
Bourne & Kingston (Just Starting)

Now, apparently WWE is trying to sign the Kings of Wrestling and The Brisco Brothers which would help. But in FCW they could bring these teams to NXT...

Los Aviadores (Epico & Hunico) (Even though Hunico is playing Sin Cara right now)
The Rotundo Brothers (Change Husky Harris back)
Tito & Primo Colon (Primo isn't doing anything so why not)
Xavier Woods & Bryan Saxton (They could work)
Richie Steamboat & Seth Rollins (Former FCW tag Champs)

Honestly this would be a great idea if NXT was still on TV and people took them seriously. When Nexus attacked Cena last summer it was big because they were on TV so people were able to react to them. If NXT Season 3 did that, the crowd would probably still boo because they love Cena but no one (not even a majority of the IWC) would know who the fuck or why the fuck they came out.

But this is an amazing idea if they can get the show on TV because that's the perfect way to gain exposure to make an impression on the WWE Universe

why would the NXT season 3 cast attack Cena to form Nexus when NXT season 3 was all divas? :lmao:

but anyway onto the topic at hand no i dont think a tag team NXT season would be a good idea sense NXT is just an internet show and nobody really gives a shit about NXT anymore and havent sense season 2 or season 3 at the very latest. if they got a new season on tv then maybe it would be a good idea but i just dont think NXT should be kept going after this season kill the season,cut your losses and move onto a possible new show for tv...but if wwe is bringing in kings of wrestling and now maybe generation me they dont need NXT they could be fine with just being on the main roster already although i think gen me having a manager might be a good idea :shrug:

To be honest I'd watch that. WWE is trying to revive the tag division so why not if it works and of doesnt no big loss because no one really pays much attention to NXT anymore. I know I stopped watching a season 3 I loved season 1 season 2 I watched bit of and season 3 I watched bearly any of it and season 5 none at all. So I'd watch it again and it would not only make the tag division fresh but NXT fresh as well.

I stopped watching NXT online at the begining of this current season- when they decided to throw all the rejects back onto the show. I lost interest in most of these guys the first time I saw them. Why the hell would I want to see them again?

As for a tag-team NXT: I'd watch it. Just because it would be something significant. Putting something in actual motion- to see a tag team revival. Until something big happens- I'm not going to believe a revival of tag team wrestling is ever going to happen in WWE.

They have quite a few guys guys down in FCW that could be put together to form tag teams for a season of NXT. And beyond... if they work well together. They wouldn't all have to be brand new guys to WWE-TV tho. Maybe it's 2 guys from previous NXT's pairing up. But i'd only want 1 or 2 teams built that way, tops. You can't overdo it.

- The Rotundos: Nuff said

- Epico & Hunico: I know they already have a team name. I forget it rightnow tho.

- D.Young & P.Watson: Already the South Beach Boys at one point.

- Peter Orlov & Alexander Rusev: Seems like a already set-up team to me.

Those four teams seem like perfectly matched tag teams to me. Not knowing much of anything about FCW, I could throw a couple more teams together just on looks alone.

- Rick Victor & Mack Hetfield: Look like they could play a "DOA type of gimmick" biker gang- Sons of Anarchy style.

- Abe Washington & Byron Saxton: There's something about both these guys that I just like. I'm not sure if i'd like them together. But why not see what happens.

There are a couple other teams I could throw in there. But I think WWE could put them together w/o the use of a tag team NXT.

- Primo & Tito Colon

- Curtis & Bateman

To summarize: I'd go back to watching NXT online, if it were for a tag team show.

You have brought up an interesting topic hear. When the keep creating ideas one season should be of tag teams. One of these times they are going to be so desperate for ideas that they might go for this one. if you ask me this has potential to be a great season of NXT. I mean they have done two original seasons, a womens season then there is this reject episode. If they mix a tag team season in there it would be fresh and i might just start watching it again.

I like da idea hate nxt like someone said maybe if nxt was on tv still i think trip h isnt going to do much with the tag division and da idea will soon die out idk why they dont encourage tag teams there awesome when the right people are paired the evan bourne and kofi 4 new tag champs (HOPEFULLY)

I think it could work. All the teams being named would be good. Id have every pro be a former tag champ, someone who was in a very successful team. Not Santino cus they dont need the comedy thing going here. I think bringing back Road Dogg or Billy Gunn for a team, Edge would be great, The Miz, Booker T, Animal, JBL... I dont like how they have a bunch of guys being the pros who are barely on tv. Season 1 of NXT had pros like Miz, Jericho, Punk and Christian. I think if they were to bring it back for maybe one season on TV theyd need big name pros that we havent seen in a while or are perfect for it. Since a lot of these teams will be new to everyone i think Edge, Miz, Booker, Animal, JBL, Road Dogg/Billy Gunn would all be great pros since theyre all such experienced tag wrestlers. Also theyre all pretty good on the mike and can get these guys over.

As for teh format of the show..its gotta be wrestling no more stupid "challenges" maybe have like team based things. Idk if anyone has ever watched the Challenge on mtv but they do team challenges that are actually entertaining. They could easily film them outside the arena and play that during the show for a segment. Idk just a thought. But mainly gotta be wrestling. Its what wrestling fans want.

Brisco Brothers
Kings Of Wrestling
Young Bucs
Rotundo Brothers

Idk who else but Im sure the WWE could figure two or three more teams out.

I'm going to say no because NXT is sunken ship.

If in fact they are going to re-launch the tag team division, then they need to commit to it. Showcasing it online just won't be good enough. Someone already suggested dropping NXT and making a new show to feature tag teams... if it's not exclusively online then I would go that route.

NXT is kind of a joke now and a serious push or focus deserves better than that program.

i personally would like to see Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase come back as a manager to Brett and Ted Jr. keep the family alive, also lose the Goldust gimmick and bring him back as Dustin Rhodes with Cody (not sure i wanna see Dusty again) but give them a chance for something different.

As long as the tag teams LOOKED like tag teams and not just two random guys thrown together then I'm all for it. That's where the WWE goes wrong, it doesn't look for two guys that could work well together as a team, it just throws 2 guys together that they have no plans for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back