• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A Series Of Unfortunate Events - Lemony Snicket

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
I had 5 of these books, (There are 13 altogether) that I found lying around my house. So I've read them and I need to read the other 8 and soon. They are fucking brilliant, even though they're aimed at younger teens. Author Lemony Snicket (real name Daniel Handler) has put out some brilliant, brilliant work here and I'm not even halfway through.

Based on the miserable adventures of the Baudelaire triplets; Violet, Klaus & Sunny, it follows them as their horrible uncle "Count Olaf" tries to get his hands on their inherited fortune, after their parents perished in a house fire.

Being only 5 of 13 books through, I don't know what happens past Book 5 & I am refusing to find out as well because they are THAT good. I read "The Austere Academy", the 5th Book in about an hour or so. Anyway, I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who had read the books, or some of them & what they thought? Don't bother with the film, apart from Jim Carrey being in it, it was terrible.

Please don't put spoilers in, as you should've seen I don't want to hear about what happens past Book 5. If there's something you really want to say about a later happening, use the spoiler tags!

I read them a good few years ago - they get worse as the series goes on and I didn't enjoy the last few. Still, better than a lot of the books out there for teenagers, and the first few are great. Ersatz Elevator is my favourite.

Fantastic books for teens, but they get incredibly repetitive after reading a large amount of them. Still though, it's a fantastic series that every teen should get into.

Yeah, I got about half way in and just stopped reading them. Don't remember why, it might've had to do with Jim Carrey turning Olaf into a comedy figure though.

I read them a good few years ago - they get worse as the series goes on and I didn't enjoy the last few. Still, better than a lot of the books out there for teenagers, and the first few are great. Ersatz Elevator is my favourite.

Ditto. :p I found the series sort of depressing yet I loved it. One of the best books still around in our lame school library. I just own the third book - The Wide Window. Violet Baudelaire has always been my favourite. The movie's meh and it doesn't have the parts I love most (Since it just had parts from the first 4 or 5 books.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back