A New Hall Of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudlup50

Championship Contender
So I was thinking about this when the Sting thread popped back up to the front of the WWE section. Should the WWE create a new hall of fame? Hear me out, it would be more open to other promotions. For example, if the WWE wanted to honor a WCW, ECW, NJPW, WWE, NWA or even a TNA guy. The current HoF basically restricts you if you weren't a part of the company, but why should this be the only Hall?

That being said, I'd wanna restrict who could go in though! No debatable guys or celebrities. So far in my head I picture it being: Sting(first year), Hogan(second year), Stone Cold(third year), Ric Flair(fourth year) and then maybe a Shawn Michaels or Undertaker. This Hall would only be for the best of the best, whether they were in WWE or not!

So what are your thoughts on this? Too many Halls then? Maybe you think it would dilute the importance of being in the WWE Hall? I'm curious if this would be taken well or if people would hate on it :) so feel free to poke holes in the idea

I think it would be too many Halls Of Fame. It would definitely dilute the importance of being in the WWE Hall Of Fame. With that being said, I think Wings could be specified, if they aren’t already. I’m pretty sure they refer to celebs as being in the Celebrity Wing of the WWE Hall Of Fame. I wouldn’t mind if the categorized the Hall Of Famers as being in their respective Wings, like a WCW Wing, ECW Wing, etc., but the drawback to this would be someone like Ric Flair, for example. Is he in the WWE main Wing or the WCW Wing?? Taking into consideration the fact that there isn’t a physical building for the WWE Hall Of Fame, all of this is just an idea in our heads. A Hall Of Fame induction is a Hall Of Fame induction, regardless, so it could be viewed as pointless.

On that note, do any of you consider the WCW Hall OF Famers as WWE Hall Of Famers as well??

1) If this pertains to WWE, then it goes in the WWE SECTION.

2) I can't hear you out because this is a text based website.

3) There's a general Wrestling Hall Of Fame a Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall Of Fame (fan pole) and there's a Hall Of Fame in these very forums.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back