• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What should be done with Apollo Crews?

• Heel turn

• New gimmick/repackaging

• No changes, Apollo is fine as is.

Results are only viewable after voting.
So Apollo said backstage this week that we would be seeing a new Apollo Crews. Now of course this could just be hyperbole but perhaps a repackaging is in order? Apollo is great in ring and has the look but his mic skills are his obvious weakness. Peehaps i was influenced...ever since Scott Hall told him on Breaking Ground "Do you really talk like that in real life?" I've noticed how fake he sounds.

He is still so talented though and is guaranteed success. So what do you think should be done with Apollo?

I voted repackaging, and I only chose that because I think the best way to present Apollo is with a mouthpiece. I don't really have anyone in mind right now, and they wouldn't do ALL the talking. But someone who can constantly get over how incredible a talent Apollo is and how bright his future is. I don't wanna say an "advocate" but idk, someone in a coaching or mentor role. It'd be so easy to pull one of the real life Performance Center coaches into this spot. Billy Gunn would have done a tremendous job. Besides that keep everything the same, perfect babyface and all.

I'm leaning towards hyperbole myself as I just think the "new" he's talking about would ultimately be some sort of mind set, possibly with some more aggression and less of the smiling nice guy that generally seems to be the vibe I get from him.

As far as his mic skills go, I've heard lots worse so I'm not hugely concerned about that, he's still better than Roman Reigns is. Not trying to take a cheap shot at Reigns, the guy's just not good on the mic. In this situation, it just seems like Crews isn't all that comfortable on the mic and that's all on him at this point; unlike the main roster, promos aren't scripted in NXT so the blame can't be laid at the feet of creative.

If they need to give him a Manager then why not give him Norman Smiley as the Man behind him as he looks lika Combination of Bobby Lashley and Q Moose from ROH and go look at what it's done for Moose having Stokley Hataway as his Manager it's done Wonders. Now only if Apollo had a manager he'd be fine.

I really like Apollo Crews a lot. But what I think is that He should be much offensive in his matches. He should showcase his aggression decisively in his matches. So I voted for repackaging/new gimmick. While talking of gimmick change, I dont think he has any gimmick and is just an athletic power guy which is fine for me but still We need a cause/reason to be over for him.

:devil:

Fuck it, I'd say turn him heel if he wasn't built like such a babyface. That smile...

The promos are obviously Apollo's weakness and it seems to me that's partially because he's saying what he thinks a good guy should be saying. He's not being real when he talks. Perhaps turning him would open up new avenues for Apollo on the mic and shockingly bring out that "new" Crews that he's talked about. This seems unlikely though considering they already got Corbin and Joe as top level heels, though Crews would be a great first feud for a face Nakamura in my opinion.

I'd probably turn him to set him up for Nakamura but I think it's more likely that this is just hyperbole as JH mentioned. As I said, when Crews talks, he doesn't really say anything.

If New Day weren't so hot right now then he'd be the perfect guy to have Woods in his corner... eventually I can see Woods splitting from them and then he and Crews could be an interesting pairing against Big E. and Kofi.

Not sure a manager is the right thing for him, after all, the best ones are heels... Face managers generally suck.

A valet might be a more interesting way to go or the traditional "relationship" type angle could also work with the right person. One interesting idea would be, if WWE can get him... MVP

MVP would be a great mouthpiece for Crews, somewhat akin to how AW was shaping up (hell give the guy another shot...others have fucked up far worse and been let back) but MVP would give some gravitas to Apollo Crews, almost like a modern day Ted DiBiase did for his stable or would have done if they had a clue how to actually write for them.

I've liked how he's been going along right now, his matches with Corbin were boring, but that was more on Baron's side.

I don't think he needs to be repackaged at all in Nxt, if he moves up to the main roster, THATS when he should shift.

I feel like he's the kind of guy who will get better at promos with more exposure, NXT is the place to make him do the work.

Does he need repackaging? I thought he's been fine, although I wish they'd tone down the smiling now. At first it was charming, but now he needs to show off more intensity and aggression. The Corbin feud at least brought that out of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back