• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A match you will never see

The Viper

Occasional Pre-Show
If this has already been done i am sorry.

Ok so i was watching mania 20 this morning out of boredom. This was a great mania all together but the match that really stands out to me every time is Eddie Guerrero vs Kurt Angle. This match was just great from a technical wrestling stand point. Granted i dont like the ending but hey thats the "lie cheating and stealing" that Eddie did so well.

But today it got me thinking.... Eddie's passing was completely out of nowhere (at least for me) and theres so many more match ups i would love to see him involved in now

Now some of you may not agree but i would love to see a feud right now between Guerrero and Orton! I don't know why it just popped in my head but i think that would have been a great feud with some great matches. Both of these guys are just great in the ring and i think they could have pulled off some epic battles.

So my question to you is... What match would you love to see that you will never get to see? And why do you want to see that match?

Well, the one that stands out the most for me is Michaels vs The Rock. It's about the only thing I think I would want the Rock to come back for. For me, I would just love to see the interaction between the two. The great thing, it wouldn't matter how it was booked. A heel HBK or Rock would work, as would having either of them a face. It would work with both as a face as well. The two together in a ring is something that was only seen a few times during the Corporation stint with Shawn as commissioner. It would be completely fresh.

The Rock on the mic is gold. HBK is, in my mind, just as good when he wants to be. When he is expected to carry a fued with the mic end of it he always delivers. As far as in the ring, they can both go. It's a match that The Rock would enjoy. The Rock, I think, is often underrated on his in-ring work. He was a fantastic wrestler, who may have overselled a bit, but made it kind of his signature. HBK can mesh with damn near everyone and I have no doubt that the two still could put on an epic to this day.

It's a match that The Rock would enjoy.

I agree with you, but it's important to remember that this thread is about matches that will never happen and you have to remember why it will never happen. In this case, the match would never happen not just because The Rock is in Hollywood, but in case you forgot, The Rock hates Shawn Michaels. He said Michaels was a total asshole to him when he entered the WWE and that he vowed to never work with him. I am pointing this out because you said The Rock would enjoy it, and I find those choice of words to be ironic.

You are right, though. That would have been an instant classic.

My total unrealistic dream match would be Goldberg vs. The Ultimate Warrior of 1990.

My semi-realistic dream match that I will never see would be The Undertaker vs. Sting.

Lastly, Shawn Michaels and just about any legendary name he has never faced before.

A match that will never happen?

Cena vs Austin

BECAUSE....

Cena was a controversial kids champ who is very over with a non-hardcore WWE fan base who delights in watching PG material and less than stellar wrestling matches and backstage vignettes like Santino and Divas doing BS comedy.

While Austin is the pride of the Attitude Era and is completey over with 98% of all wrestling fans. It would be two Eras clashing and cause a huge Civil War within the WWE Fan Base. Austin can actually wrestle while Cena can't do anything other than the 5 knuckle shuffle and lift heavy objects(Big Show). Austin can trashhs talk with the best of them and can wrestle like a machine. Cena can cause the kids in the crowd to scream while Austin can cause the entire audience to erupt into madness. All in all, it would be interesting and amsuing to see this match, but unfortunely Austin hurt his neck and retired never to wrestle again. Cena on the other hand plans to wrestle forever (I'll give him 5 years) so this one of a kind match will never happen.

I agree with you, but it's important to remember that this thread is about matches that will never happen and you have to remember why it will never happen. In this case, the match would never happen not just because The Rock is in Hollywood, but in case you forgot, The Rock hates Shawn Michaels. He said Michaels was a total asshole to him when he entered the WWE and that he vowed to never work with him. I am pointing this out because you said The Rock would enjoy it, and I find those choice of words to be ironic.

You are right, though. That would have been an instant classic.

My total unrealistic dream match would be Goldberg vs. The Ultimate Warrior of 1990.

My semi-realistic dream match that I will never see would be The Undertaker vs. Sting.

Lastly, Shawn Michaels and just about any legendary name he has never faced before.

I'm not really sure how true this is. I've heard before that The Rock doesn't like HBK, I've never seen it in print, or on video though. Not saying it was never said, I'm just saying I've never personally looked at evidence of it. Much like Taker taping his hands before Austin/Michaels. However, I have witnessed the Rock address wrestling HBK at the HOF. Repeat, I have witnessed the Rock address wrestling HBK at the HOF. And if I remember correctly, the Rock had nothing but praise for Michaels, so again, I'm not really sure if I buy that Dwayne Johnson hates Shawn Michaels, maybe The Rock does, and he's just confused. The Rock isn't the type of guy to sit there and be all smiles when he doesn't want to be. If he refused to ever work with Michaels, then I find it funny that he included Shawn in the three people he WISHED he could have worked with. Rey Rey, Cena, and he reserved Shawn last. It's around the 8 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcz-enyRfyE

I don't know, it sounds like he WOULD enjoy it?

I would say DDP vs The Rock/the original people's champ vs the people's champ.

This match probably won't happen cause DDP is getting older, even though he still wrestle I don't think he would come back to the wwe, not how after they treated him. By the time Rock wants to wrestle. A). Be at wrestlemania 30 or something. With probably somebody young & really important. B). By that time DDP will probably be slow, and rock will just have his way with him. But I wish it could be DDP (1997/98 version) vs the rock ( any version )

It would be cool to see DDP get that diamond cutter out of the rock bottom, beats him and prove he is the real people's champ.

One match we will never see is an Elimination Chamber match with Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Kurt Angle, and Chris Jericho for the Undisputed WWE World Heavyweight Championship. That match would have been unbelievably great!! I wonder, if Vince had these 6 at one time, who would he put over to win the match??

Another match I would have loved to see is the Main Event Mafia vs. the World Elite in a Lethal Lockdown match. This would have really given the M. E. Mob a purpose and would put W. E. over.

Another match I would have loved to see is the New World Order vs. D – Generation X in a Survivor Seriers Elimination or WarGames match. The thought of these two Stables meeting always fascinated me.

I'm not really sure how true this is. I've heard before that The Rock doesn't like HBK, I've never seen it in print, or on video though. Not saying it was never said, I'm just saying I've never personally looked at evidence of it. Much like Taker taping his hands before Austin/Michaels. However, I have witnessed the Rock address wrestling HBK at the HOF. Repeat, I have witnessed the Rock address wrestling HBK at the HOF. And if I remember correctly, the Rock had nothing but praise for Michaels, so again, I'm not really sure if I buy that Dwayne Johnson hates Shawn Michaels, maybe The Rock does, and he's just confused. The Rock isn't the type of guy to sit there and be all smiles when he doesn't want to be. If he refused to ever work with Michaels, then I find it funny that he included Shawn in the three people he WISHED he could have worked with. Rey Rey, Cena, and he reserved Shawn last. It's around the 8 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcz-enyRfyE

I don't know, it sounds like he WOULD enjoy it?

I've read on more than two occasions how he hated Shawn Michaels and would never work with him because, once again, he said Michaels was an asshole to him. I'm sure I'm not the only one who read that. It was reported on this very website AT LEAST on two different occasions. That means one of three things....the reports were BS, he got over it, or he was just saying what he thought people wanted to hear. I have no idea which one it is, but my reason for criticizing that one line in your post is based on past reports and not something I pulled out of my ass.

I've read on more than two occasions how he hated Shawn Michaels and would never work with him because, once again, he said Michaels was an asshole to him. I'm sure I'm not the only one who read that. It was reported on this very website AT LEAST on two different occasions. That means one of three things....the reports were BS, he got over it, or he was just saying what he thought people wanted to hear. I have no idea which one it is, but my reason for criticizing that one line in your post is based on past reports and not something I pulled out of my ass.

I wasn't implying you pulled it out of your ass. As I said, I have heard it before. I would believe it when I saw it in an interview The Rock did, whether in print or video. I'm not the type to believe it b/c it was printed on a wrestling news gossip site, sorry. If WZ posted an interview of the Rock saying he hates him, thats fine. I'm in no way disputing that he may not like Shawn, especially if he said it. I only saw fit to reply in kind with video proof to the contrary that backs up my statement that the Rock would indeed enjoy a wrestling match with Shawn. He said it himself, on national television, no big deal.

GOOD THREAD

A MATCH WE WILL NEVER SEE AND THAT I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE IS...

RANDY ORTON VS THE ROCK AT WRESTLEMANIA FOR THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP ORTON IN HIS CURRENT PERSONA AS A HEEL, AGAINST THE ROCK FROM 2000-2001 IN HIS PRIME AS A FACE WOULD HAVE BEEN OUT OF THIS WORLD

ANOTHER HUGE MATCH THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME OFF THE HOOK, THE ROAD WARRIORS VS THE DUDLEY BOYZ OR THE HARDYS ANY OF THOSE 2 COMBINATIONS WOULD HAVE BEEN OUTSTANDING, CAN YOU IMAGINE THE POWER OF THE WARRIORS AGAINST THE HIGHFLYING MANEUVERS OF THE HARDYS??? WOW!!!

You're so right!! The total differences between styles would have been something epic to watch even though I'm pretty sure The Road Warriors would get the win.

One of the matches we never got to see that I think would have blown peoples minds would have been Chris Benoit vs The Dynamite Kid. The similar styles and fast paced action would be a show stealer on any card. Very few had the work rate of these two technicians and I think they would have really busted their asses to put on a good show.

AJ Styles Vs Rey Mysterio would be an epic match.

The High Flying and Technical ability's of both men are amazing to watch when both men are on the ball. And also it seems when you watch them that they give 100% when needed.

Matt Morgan VS Batista! Morgan's a better wrestler, but an all out, muscle laden slug fest between these two would be awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back