• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A-List Diva

TJ Matics

It was never the same.
Like me and some others predicted after Melina's last match with Natalya, WWE is planning on turning Mel heel. This too me is great news, I always enjoyed the heel Melina much more promo wise. Though her matches/move-set stays the same, which is still pretty awesome. She is going to be feuding with Natalya over the Divas title. Which may take some time with Lay-Cool still lurking around. But this is how I see it happening: At TLC it will be Natalya vs. McCool vs. Layla vs. Melina, Natalya retains and during her post match beat down Melina joins in on the fun turning full fledged heel. Leading to a long feud with good matches and promos given by two beautiful women.
Granted, all that was completely rushed I think that's about how it will go down.

How do you think it will impact the Raw diva division, if at all? (Do you think it will be the center of attention with a good deal of TV time, or will it still be the 3 minute interuption with Hornswoggle and Guest Host)

How do you think the heel turn will go down? (Slow, Raw after Raw, or rushed like my prediction)

Other thoughts, oppinions, annoying complaints??

I don't think they're turning Melina heel. If I remember correctly, she ruffled a few of the wrong person's feathers backstage, and now she is on the outs.

However, I'm going to humor you and assume that she is turning heel. I still don't think, however, that this will have a major effect on the divas division. When Melina returned, the fans were psyched for like, two weeks. After that, Melina's mystique just sort of died. She hardly gets a pop anymore, and is being used as fodder. Even in tag matches she plays second or even third fiddle to the likes of Natalya or Eve or even the Bellas.

Additionally, now that Maryse and Ted seem to be on the outs, we will probably see Maryse play a bigger role in the divas scene. That is great news, because LayCool's charm is starting to run out, Alicia Fox is not that great a heel, and... are there any other heel divas left? I mean, even Rosa Mendez is face now. But back to the point, Maryse is a fantastic heel and pretty good in ring. I think she and Natalya could really carry a feud for a while.

So, whether or not Melina turns, she will be a non-factor in the divas division for a while. She may make a comeback after several months, but until then, expect her to be lumberjilling it up at Wrestlemania while Natalya and Maryse are in in the spotlight.

im excited. i havent seen a good divas match in a long time. this could be what we have all been waiting for melina vs natayla is a dream match. hopefully wwe lets them go all out and not concentrate on flips and crap

she's a much better heel than face. that stuck up attitude and the whole, I'm better than you fits her better than the nice girl that cries A LOT. I hope they do turn her heel because the divas division lacks a strong heel right now!

I'm really looking forward to a good run from Natalya. It's long overdue, and she's one of the most talented girls on the roster. I wish they would focus more on the trained workers (Beth, Natalya, Melina, etc.) instead of the playboy pinups (Bella Twins, etc.). Really would like to see a program with Beth and Natalya. They're similar, in that they are both powerhouses, but I think it would be very entertaining.

You might be infracted for this dude, but it's true they are turning her heel. Maybe John will turn heel and win the US title, championship couple! It's a long shot but it would be awesome.

I heard she's going heel; I also heard she is gaining heat for her negative reaction when she found out.

I know it won't be the option with Horn & the host, as I don't think they have any more hosts lined-up.

Frankly, especially after the recent releases, I was hoping she'd go back to her MNM role with another team; Maybe it was LayCool & the unifying, but the Raw Divas seemed to be getting pushed to the backseat.

When I read your topic title I assumed you were going to say have her turn heel and align with Otunga within Nexus. However, Otunga's marriage is too public for him to be with any diva in a "relationship" type situation. As for Melina turning heel, it would be nice to see a solid in ring feud for the Diva's title. Someone mentioned Maryse leaving Ted and that might move her into the title hunt as well, which would be nice to see.

However, what I would really like to see is Gail Kim to turn heel and feud with Natayla for the Diva's title and have Melina remain face and aligned with Morrison again. With that Maryse should FINALLY align with Miz now that he is the World Champion and remember over a year ago he kept trying to get her attention.... then Morrison and Miz can feud while Maryse and Melina can feud. It adds another dimension to their feud and brings some fun matchups and interactions.

When I read your topic title I assumed you were going to say have her turn heel and align with Otunga within Nexus. However, Otunga's marriage is too public for him to be with any diva in a "relationship" type situation. As for Melina turning heel, it would be nice to see a solid in ring feud for the Diva's title. Someone mentioned Maryse leaving Ted and that might move her into the title hunt as well, which would be nice to see.

However, what I would really like to see is Gail Kim to turn heel and feud with Natayla for the Diva's title and have Melina remain face and aligned with Morrison again. With that Maryse should FINALLY align with Miz now that he is the World Champion and remember over a year ago he kept trying to get her attention.... then Morrison and Miz can feud while Maryse and Melina can feud. It adds another dimension to their feud and brings some fun matchups and interactions.

I think there are some fans that still want to discuss who takes what place in the Miz-Morrison partnership, but we need to let them do that off-camera; Living in the past like that would not help either's career future.

I think even when Melina's face, it's easy for her mouth to get her heel reactions. I could see Gail becoming heel easily, since she seems to have fallen far since her early Title run. (I can't name the last singles match I saw her in.)

Melina does got a busted grill, but besides that I don't see her or Maryse aligning with Morrison and Miz as a step back essentially. Miz and Maryse could be a great power couple on Raw if they both had titles. It worked great for Triple H/Stephanie, Macho/Elizabeth, Edge/Lita, hell even Christian/Trish/Tomko so why not for Miz/Maryse and adds another layer to Miz' attitude that he has the hottest diva by his side. Morrison needs something to change up his current status and if it isn't a heel turn then a manager in Melina could be a small part of making him fresh and higher up the card.

Melina does got a busted grill, but besides that I don't see her or Maryse aligning with Morrison and Miz as a step back essentially. Miz and Maryse could be a great power couple on Raw if they both had titles. It worked great for Triple H/Stephanie, Macho/Elizabeth, Edge/Lita, hell even Christian/Trish/Tomko so why not for Miz/Maryse and adds another layer to Miz' attitude that he has the hottest diva by his side. Morrison needs something to change up his current status and if it isn't a heel turn then a manager in Melina could be a small part of making him fresh and higher up the card.

Yeah, maybe if they both had Titles... But I'd see her aligning with Miz as a gold-digger bit, which makes no sense if she also had a belt. (I also see giving her a belt as making no sense. Then again, I would've said the same about giving belts to Santino & Kozlov.)

Doghouse ore not, as some have suggested, this would be a great move.

Melina is both a great mouth and a talented wrestler. Natalya needs someone to feud with on raw because watching Alicia Fox tapping out every week to the sharpshooter is getting quite old. Enter Melina.

i would have Melina be all smiles, as usual. Have her in a series of tag matches with Natalya. But have her never get into the match, and have small signs of frustratgion show each week with them winning despite them winning. No beatdowns need to occur from the heel divas for Melina to take part in. Simply, Melina needs to get frustrated at her "position" on the Divas roster.

After all, Melina is a former 3 time women's champion, and a former Divas champion. All Natayla has won is one Divas champion, and suddenly shes the next biggest thing? All things Melina could point out when she finally leaves her partner high and dry during a match when Natalya is reaching for the tag.

Melina, once a premiere Diva, is being forced to take a backseat to someone who took 3 tries to defeat LayCool. The womens division needs this for a credible feud on Raw, and Melina needs this to regain the momentum she's lost since returning.

Melina wont go heel unless Morrison turns too and they join and go on about how they got over together and will go higher than ever together or something. And I dont care what ppl think about it, you can have a very successful face vs face or heel vs heel feud, someone doesnt always need to change. We've had plenty Mania & SS encounters that had two faces or two heels collide so I aint even trying to hear that as if it's an unwritten requirement cause it isnt and should be switched up more to add realism, because in reality faces do fight and heels as well.

Getting to what matters, it's really stupid how no one can see that Beth is gonna be facing Natalya at WrestleMania, Survivor Series solidified this one, Beth will turn heel if anyone and they may even have a Fatal Four Way between Natalya, Beth, Melina and Michelle should they choose to keep Beth a face or Melina, one can change. But as far as Maryse goes I have to say I am sick of her being in Ted's shadow out of the spotlight in her own affairs in the ring, she's awesome and more interesting to watch than Ted

Hopefully another reign is in her future and she becomes a 4-time Divas Champion. But I can see a respectable battle between friends coming for Nattie and Beth and an eventual betrayal or just intense heat between the two

That's your WrestleMania match though. The one last dream match we have of the current roster of Divas that they havent done yet, that ppl have been begging for throughout multiple forums since Natalya got there, I remember hearing that non-stop. Beth vs Natalya in a Singles Match, if not at Mania it will headline leading up to it. I fear that WWE just wont have Michelle be out of the spotlight making it a Fatal Four Way, but we can have two Divas bouts, Beth and Nattie's first singles match should be at Mania

you could have Morrison & Melina vs Ted & Maryse

and have LayCool face off against The Bellas or something in a quickie match

I just hope they let Michelle take a backseat to better females because she sucks and is holding Layla back, holdin Melina back, holding back Maryse, all the above are more interestin than Michelle who is boring without Layla, gets no reaction without Layla and has only gotten over because of Layla

the ppl love Lay more than Cool. And who wouldnt? I'd rather get laid than just be cool and rather have a bag of Lays than the Sun beating down on me intensely

The whole Melina character, with its air of arrogance and facial expressions, is so much better suited as a heel, so I am pleased that they appear to be going down this route.

With Melina as a heel, I think she will be back in the Divas title hunt pretty quickly, she is easily as good as most of the other women in the ring, and is probably one of the best women wrestlers the WWE has had since Lita and Trish. I think this is a good move by the 'E, and I would like to see her in the ring fighting for the title at WM

I noticed while watching Raw that while Lay-Cool were beating Natalya in the ring, they showed Melina walking away instead of helping Natalya. That to me was a sign of a Melina heel turn as why would they even book Natalya vs. Melina in the first place?

Melina wont go heel unless Morrison turns too and they join and go on about how they got over together and will go higher than ever together or something.

In the same place I read the other things I mentioned, I read they dropped the idea of reteaming her with John... & I like that they dropped it. The way they are pushing Miz with the belt, they should not be pushing any part of Morrison's past.

the ppl love Lay more than Cool. And who wouldnt? I'd rather get laid than just be cool and rather have a bag of Lays than the Sun beating down on me intensely

Yeah; But that's their separate names... Has nothing to do with the ring. I guarantee you Layla could never beat Natalya solo. (Heck, when they were in Miami, I was begging they'd leave Layla there, since I seem to recall she's from that area.)

As much as people might say McCool's getting pushes due to Taker connection, at least that's a reason. The only push Layla has a reason to get is out the door.

The reason the spotlight was put on Melina walking away from the Laycool beatdown was so that you wouldn't miss it. Melina IS turning heel, Be it a quick turn or a slow one I DON'T CARE! Melina is the best heel diva since Trish. :worship: I didn't buy Melina as a face but I guess the fans cheered for her because they respected her years of good work much like Orton. Even though her in ring style didn't change that much her promos & backstage segments felt false to me, IMO Melina plays the hott bitch better, 3 years ago I pictured her and Layla doing the beautiful people gimmick. As much as McCool has improved in the ring she still can't act. Actually I take that back, When Laycool 1st started she was not convincing in that role she has grown a lil more into it over time.

After Laycool have their rematch with Natalya I think she is going to feud with Melina because she has beaten Alicia a couple of times already. Nikki Bella is not ready yet. Maryse's star has fallen badly since she has been with Ted, And I dont know whats going on with Tamina, So the only choice left is Melina. Poor poor Gail Kim STILL can't catch a break :disappointed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back