A few minor details on Raw I want to touch on..

The Idiot

Getting Noticed By Management
Raw on Monday was great...yeah I said it. In the world of criticism and negative attitudes, the IWC rarely has anything good to say about the current state of professional wrestling. I know it's refreshing to hear positive thoughts on this forum, and although it may be minor...let's go over what happened on Monday.

1. Randy Orton's interview....short and to the point. I remember Mean Gene standing exactly where Josh Mathews was, minus the entrance ramp. With the crowd and ring in the background...it reminded me of that Saturday morning when Okerlund announced Bret Hart as the WWF champion for the first time. The new fans probably think I'm ******ed, but I know the old school know and appreciate this. Perhaps Lawler and Cole will be back announcing at that same spot one day...who knows?

2. HHH tombstones Ziggler. Footage from a house show. WW(F) used to do this once in awhile back in the day and it brings a different element. It shows that there's more to wrestling than just Raw and Smackdown every week. One night they're in New York, the next they're in Philly. I guess things haven't changed too much after all these years has it?

3. The constant references to the past. The Rock immitating the Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair and Randy Savage. The Miz bringing up King Kong Bundy and how he main evented Wrestlemania 2 and then went on to face Hillbilly Jim and 3 "little people." Never thought Hillybilly Jim would ever be mentioned on Raw, or the midgets. Hell, I never though Bundy would ever be mentioned. Wrestlemania is special because it's the most nostalgic wrestling event in the world. So much history....and the fact that Vince let's his stars of today use the past to hype their matches just makes it feel that much more important.

Like I said, "minor details." I know most of you will think this is all pointless, but for someone who has been watching since the 80's, you learn to appreciate what you saw on Monday.

Can't wait for Wrestlemania!!

Oh, and just one other thing. I posted a few months ago on how I would love to see a 1 hour special for the Rock and Cena before their match at Wrestlemania. I'm glad that Vince reads my posts and used my idea! (j/k)

It's in there somewhere: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=3506598#post3506598

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back