• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A failed attempt with AJ?

SuperKnockout

TNA knockout champion
Ok, so October 2009 AJ styles won the WHC. He was a face, and everybody loved him. When Hogan/Eric moved in, AJ sorta went heel. When he faced Kurt Angle and hit him with the title, I knew something monsterous was about to happen. He went with Ric Flair, and disrespected others, and became a heel. I think that it was a good transition, but it doesnt look right on AJ.Notice the crowd obly boos half the time? Im sure its because they like AJ, and cant handel the fact that hes a heel. :disappointed:

With Ric Flair he doesn't look that good as WHC. i think that he should drop the championship. I honestly think, we should see Kurt angle or abyss take the title. Kurt has sort of became face since Mr. Kennedy came. Abyss has this thing with Hogan and Flair and AJ going on, so I think abyss is the most reasonable choice. I just want to know, what is your thoughts?

Aj's heel turn has been pretty good so far. You can definitely notice the changes in his character and his ring work. I love how much they are building him up and how they are doing it. He looks great with Ric Flair as his manager. Ric's moniker is " The Dirtiest Player In The Game " so why not have him paired up with someone you recently turned heel.

As for Kurt, he turned face when Desmond Wolfe came in at Turning Point. He's had a solid run as a face so far, and I love that they are keeping him away from the title right now as he's been around it too much in his time in TNA.

Honestly, I'd love for Abyss to be the one to take the title off of AJ, but it won't happen. With D'Angelo Dinero being the current number one contender, I'd love for him to win the strap from AJ.

Ok, so October 2009 AJ styles won the WHC. He was a face, and everybody loved him. When Hogan/Eric moved in, AJ sorta went heel. When he faced Kurt Angle and hit him with the title, I knew something monsterous was about to happen. He went with Ric Flair, and disrespected others, and became a heel. I think that it was a good transition, but it doesnt look right on AJ.Notice the crowd obly boos half the time? Im sure its because they like AJ, and cant handel the fact that hes a heel. :disappointed:

Yeah that true, lately AJ just gets boos and he gets boo's because every loves AJ and they still cant belived how far he went to becoming a heel. I still like AJ Styles but he is getting alittle old, And he is just a Rip-off of Ric Flair. And he needs to be AJ Styles not Ric Flair.

With Ric Flair he doesn't look that good as WHC. i think that he should drop the championship. I honestly think, we should see Kurt angle or abyss take the title. Kurt has sort of became face since Mr. Kennedy came. Abyss has this thing with Hogan and Flair and AJ going on, so I think abyss is the most reasonable choice. I just want to know, what is your thoughts?

The is also true IMO Ric is getting a the attention and AJ aint getting attention at all. I will actually like AJ to drop the title to the Pope, Have a new fresh face as a Champion, As of right now i dont think that Abyss might take the title away from AJ, Because the Pope is still the number one contender. So if Pope doesnt win After Lockdown we could see Abyss chasing the champion, And maybe be the number one contender.

I love what they've done with AJ as a heel. You put one of the most colorful wrestlers in history as his manager and give the guy an edge and he's a strong heel.

Does everyone forget how weakly they booked him as champ until January 4th? I mean, this is worlds better than the 'Sting handed me the belt' AJ Styles that we saw.

I hope AJ holds onto the title with great matches like HHH circa 2000, where the underhanded tactics from his henchmen simply underlined how great he was in the ring versus being the only way he held onto the title.

I don't think Pope beats AJ at Lockdown but I wouldn't be surprised if Abyss took it from him after that. But that, in my opinion, will be determined by Jeff Hardy's legal status because the second TNA gets his services back, he'll jump to the top of the face food chain.

AJ vs Jeff at a major live pay per view event would sell out an 8,000 seat arena easily and make for a quality main event.

I'd like to see AJ lose the belt to someone who starts the match as a face but is a heel at the end, which would also return AJ to face status. What I mean is that during the title match, AJ's opponent would win with help from Flair. After that match, Flair and the new champion would beat up AJ, and Flair would say that AJ was a phony, that we was a fake Flair but could never live up to the "Nature Boy's" standards in or out of the ring. This would also play on what many of us are saying.

If Sting is still with TNA, he could be used to "save" AJ, returning him to the classic AJ Styles. I think the best guy to do this angle would be John Morrison, but I doubt he'll be leaving WWE anytime soon. I'm not sure who in TNA could pull it off.

Im in the "i love it" boat. AJ has been getting better and better every week. His promo on Thursday was one of the best hes done in a long while. He looks like a champ, too. When he came out in his half robe thing and walked around in a Tee and Jeans... he looked like a poor mans champ. Now though, to me at least, he looks like a Champ and the top guy in TNA.

He remind me of Austins heel turn, where all Austin would do was yell and say "Do you know who i am? Im stone cold steve austin and im the Champ!"

AJ was too nice before his heel turn, he needed some character change and what better way then to pair him with Ric Flair. Ric Flair, who is the same man said "WHAT IS TNA"

AJ vs Jeff at a major live pay per view event would sell out an 8,000 seat arena easily and make for a quality main event.

I couldnt agree more, TNA's biggest asset is Jeff hardy, he can probably outdraw anybody in WWE at the moment. I guaranDAMNtee if TNA goes in a 20,000 seat arena and put Jeff hardy in the main event, the building will be a SELL - OUT.

i just dont like who tna will build up the rivarly with de niro and aj for the whc at destination x and cut really greta promos then the next wee de niros not even on impact and hes in a whole new rivarly.thats why i dont see tna ever getting higher ratings then wwe.not that i dont like tna..its just sooo sloppy i can hardly keep up and remember who feuding who.but i think aj shouldnt be a heel hes...like he said..the face of tna hes somewhat like the "undertaker of tna" hes gotten so much respect from fans he hardly gets booed.i think they should hvae j=keep him face and turned angle heel with flair that would have been perfect.

but once again tna dropped the ball.aj doesnt make a good heel cause hes too "white meat mom apple pie" goody good. this reminds me when austin turned heel after mania 17 and nobody booed him cuase he garnered too much respect.or when hhh was feuding with cena and hhh was supposedly a heel at mania 22 and everyone was cheering him and booing cena cause of the respect he had earned.aj has wayyyy to much respect to be taken seriously as a heel....it like he was built to be a face.

I have never really been into TNA, but with the patches I've watched here and there I'd have to say AJ makes a better face. He's got that goody two shoes, I'm dumb but I can wrestle good thing going on very well. He didn't do bad as a heel in the Christian Coalition but back then he wasn't even that much of a heel. He was more of a follower and a mediator when Christian and Tomko would begin to argue. Now as he tries to emulate Flair I think he just comes off looking fake as hell. I watched his promo Thursday and it just seemed so forced. His "I'm champion and better than you" smiles were so fake it wasn't even funny. I couldn't believe his act. Not that it surprised me in any way, I mean I actually had no capacity to believe that anything about him was genuine. He can't pull it off and frankly that's why I think Flair does most of the talking. Flair is supposed to be there to help put people over, and that includes AJ as a heel, and even he can't do it because it's just not natural. They need to change it fast. But luckily one of the reasons I don't like TNA much is that they change that sort of stuff way too much so I don't think we'll have to deal with it much longer.

Make him face again. He's a natural at it.

AJ is too natural of a face to do the heel turn. Like previous posts said, You can't just pair him up with Flair, and say job well done. It's also hard to turn a face into a heel when he already has the title. It rarely works. He needs to drop the title and build his heel status up before he gets the belt. He was too much the "The company man" who would do anything for his fans, and management, just to make him a heel. It would of been more beneficial to have Flair team up with Mr. Anderson, because Mr. Anderson plays that heel much better then AJ.

I felt it happend to easy. I would have had him in two positions during the match that he could cheat. Refuse both times then cheat the 3rd time. Then have Flair follow him for a few weeks. Have aj nearly lose his title until Flair saves him. Then the next week I'd have Flair in the ring with three random hot chicks and the Beautiful People. Flair would have Aj come to the ring and ridicule for doing the right thing and nearly losing the title. Then Aj agrees and ask Ric to show him "how to be the man". Then it starts from there. TNA made it come out of nowhere. It just seemed random. But it could still work if Aj can learn to be a Flair version of Aj.

Well, I think AJ Styles as a Face with him holding the belt for this latest run was a bit of a failure. It's hard to put my finger on exactly what it was, but I guess I would fault the booking of the overall show, because he always seemed to be placed on the back burner as opposed to being the prime focal point of the show.

And when he did receive some attention, there was way too much Sting involved in the picture. AJ didn't appear as dominant as he should have been.

I must admit I was not in favor of this latest Heel turn of his when it occurred. I agree with those that say that Styles makes for a better Face than he does a Heel. His moveset also supports that. However, there is going to be a major turn down the road and he will obviously turn Face. And he is bound to be a bigger Face then ever after a nice run as a Heel with Flair. Plus, he will obviously be feuding with Flair in some capacity, and Flair will take him to the next level when that occurs, no doubt about it.

So this is well worth it for the inevitable that will transpire, and with which he will turn back Face again.

A.J. is a great talent, but I don't think this is working for him. He's good enough to be on his own. They should put Flair with someone that's not as good on the mic. That could really benefit from getting the rub from him.

A.J. is a great talent, but I don't think this is working for him. He's good enough to be on his own. They should put Flair with someone that's not as good on the mic. That could really benefit from getting the rub from him.

:lmao:

Newsflash: AJ is actually not very good on the mic, given his status as a Main Eventer. He is a terrible actor, not believable whatsoever, sounds very rehearsed with his comments, and is overall extremely weak on the mic. Putting him with someone like Flair can only be a good thing and I have seen some minor improvements out of AJ already on the mic.

AJ is good enough to be on his own as a Face, but not as a Heel because his mic skills are terrible enough to prevent him from being taken as a serious Main Event Level Heel like a Kurt Angle. Flair is there to help that situation out, and will immediately give AJ a rub and me taken more seriously by the fans just by associating with Flair.

As a heel, I've never bought into AJ Styles. I've heard of AJ Styles referred to as the face of TNA or even the heart of TNA by fans and TNA commentators and that in and of itself is something that you can't really apply to a heel.

A big reason why I can't buy into him as a heel are his promos. Styles is not that strong on the mic at all. He's a poor actor and, for the most part, doesn't seem to be very confident during his promos. Styles' persona in TNA has been TNA's ultimate babyface and it seems to suit him. To be believable as a heel, one needs to be a damn good actor or has to at least have some shred of that heel personality actually be part of who they are. Styles has neither of those things going for him as a heel.

His current angle with Flair is something of a hit and miss. Flair is still quite strong on the mic and can make up for whatever Styles might lack in that department. Flair is a better actor than Styles is and it shows. However, the whole idea of making Styles the "new Nature Boy" doesn't hold water with me. Styles simply can't pull that off and it's sometimes painful to watch him try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back