• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A Eric Escobar vs. Edge Feud?

thewrestlinghero

Pre-Show Stalwart
Well I just watched Friday Night Smackdown and I saw the debut of the new smackdown signing from Fcw Eric Escobar. I seen some of his matches via youtube and the guy has talent I will say. But we also saw the return of Vickie Guerrero and her new role in new wwe is being Eric's manger/girlfriend and I was thinking since Edge is out from injure. Do you think we will see a face Edge vs Eric feud. It can sorta play off what happen on Raw when Edge embarrasses her and called her a pig and we could have some really good promos on each other and it would also elevate Eric to upper mid card possibly a main eventer if he is booked right and treated like bad ass or what ever type of heel wwe creative wants him to be.

What do you think of this would you mind seeing a Eric/Edge feud will it work out. Do you think they will have good to great matches. Give us your thoughts opinions and lets see if we can have some really good discussion from this.

Well, first off, I do think the WWE is in due time for one of those automatic Main-Event level debuts, like that of Brock Lesnar, but im not sure that Eric Escobar is the right guy.

I have never heard a promo from him yet but im going to assume that the WWE/Vince/Smackdown push the latino thing to its fullest and we all know how poorly they treat Latino performers, no matter how much talent they have. So who really knows.

A fued with Edge might be premature. I hoping that they'll just pretend the whole Edge/Vickie thing never happened...since most of us would rather forget about it anyways.

Well, first off, I do think the WWE is in due time for one of those automatic Main-Event level debuts, like that of Brock Lesnar, but im not sure that Eric Escobar is the right guy.

I have never heard a promo from him yet but im going to assume that the WWE/Vince/Smackdown push the latino thing to its fullest and we all know how poorly they threat Latino performers, no matter how much talent they have. So who really knows.

A fued with Edge might be premature. I hoping that they'll just pretend the whole Edge/Vickie thing never happened...since most of us would rather forget about it anyways.

Well personally I thought the Edge/Vickie storyline was awsome on smackdown. I mean almost everybody turned each and every week to see how was she going to screw the undertaker or Rey meysterio or even Jeff hardy and it was all made for good television. I will admit that they took it alittle too far after the big show/edge/cena match at Wrestlemania 25 though.

Since when does wwe threaten Latino performers almost all the latino performers they had on Smackdown got a push and won the title some examples are Melina Eddie, Rey and somewhat Chavo.

But think about it......

Eddie reign was short.
Rey's reight was short.
Melina's reigns arent spectacular.
Chavo has yet to win a world title.

I think, in todays current product, that Chavo Guerrero is easily in the top 5 for best overall ring ability. HES A GUERRERO! But, I've given up on the possibility that Chavo may become a world champion someday.

(p.s - typo in the first reply, I meant "treat" not "threat". sorry.)

But think about it......

Eddie reign was short.
Rey's reight was short.

I think, in todays current product, that Chavo Guerrero is easily in the top 5 for best overall ring ability. HES A GUERRERO! But, I've given up on the possibility that Chavo may become a world champion someday.

All of the wrestlers you have mention have had a long title reign with the exception of Rey Meysterio and Chavo is a former world champion if you count the Ecw title as a world title like me which you probably don't so its okay not to count him.

Eddie world title Reign lasted from no way out 2004 to Great American Bash 2004. So I wouldn't call that short.

Melina judging by her last women title reigns lasted from Royal rumble 2009 to the Great American bash 2009 and I wouldn't call that short or even bad either. granted the title wasn't defended as much it should have but still to say it wasn't spectacular or even great is irrelevant in my opinion.

Rey meysterio while his title reign was short so I will give you that.

Chavo like posted above you count the ecw championship as a world title then yes he is a former world champion and his reign last from November to no way out and that title reign last longer then Meysterio whc and he looked more credible then meysterio in my opinion.

How about we wait for the guy to actually have a match before we put him in a feud with one of the top guys in the company. When Edge comes back he's most likely going to feud with Jericho and then after that, who knows. Escobar might not even be around at that point.

Just because he has Vickie as a manager doesn't mean anyone is going to give a shit about him. Let the guy get a few matches under his belt before we jump to any conclusions.

Eric Escpbar worked the dark match prior to SD! 500 here in Corpus Christi, TX. He did the job to Jimmy Wayne Yang. He dominated most of the amtch, and showed a nice mix of striking and power. He is a bit of a grapple/striker combo. He has nice throws and is quick enough to hang.

I was impressed with him. He cut a nice promo about Corpus Christi that hit a little too close to home. It was intense, and if you live here, kind of funny. He was smooth, didn't seem to be holding back.

I like the guy.

But think about it......

Eddie reign was short.
Rey's reight was short.

dude technically Chavo Guerrero has been a 1 time world champion, when he beat CM Punk for the ECW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Championship, Rey's reign was long enough for him, eddies reign was excellent it lasted long enough though he should have had another reign possibly with the WHWC and Melina is welll...Hot lol.

I think when Edge returns he will be a face but with feud with Y2J and Show but when he gets the upper hand this Eric guy will come out with vickie and beat the shit out of him but get saved by rey mysterio and dave batista, the following week or ppv should then have the match a 6man tag team match between edge, rey and batista vs eric (wateva this dicks name is) show and jericho. it would be good because it reunites edge and rey as a team as well a possible stable of smackdown main-event faces challenging the heels...

I think Eric Escobar is just a fat slob. He was horrible in FCW Never had a finisher and always won with some small package roll up.. I don't know why he was FCW champ for so long really.. As bad as he was in FCW putting him up against edge might do him some good i guess.. I found him way to sloppy in the ring so putting him against someone as good as edge would do him good.. If he even stays around long enough for edge to come back and fight him maybe he will be better by then.. but what is it with wwe putting one of the best FCW guys on ECW and bringing Eric Escobar to SD! oh well!

Edge's first big feud back will definitely be with Jericho. They've been building for that for a while now. If I had to bet on it, providing Edge is healthy, I would say that will be a main match at Wrestlemania next year.

We don't know if Edge will EVER return, let alone if it will be in time for a feud with Escobar (as Escobar could be released or on a different brand by then). Far too early to tell.

Strictly talking about potential, though, yeah there's a possibility they could do something as Vickie is a common link between the two. No clue if they'd want to push Escobar that far to have him feud with one of the top names in the company, as that's HUGE to feud with Edge if you're just showing up like Escobar is.

When Edge returns, he'll no doubt face Jericho, but as far as Escobar goes, he better get built up nicely for the time being. Edge will probably run into Vickie, have a confrontation and then fight him. It wouldn't happen anytime soon, but there's a chance just given the history between Edge and Vickie.

If it does, Vickie will be the one getting the ball rolling. Keep in mind that Edge is the one that divorced Vickie so she'd want some measure of revenge. Probably a crap load of run-ins during Edge's matches before finally having a match at Extreme Rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back