A Damn Canadian Destroyer Of All Things

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
Who the hell would've thunk it? This past Tuesday on Smackdown say a fantastic little tag team match (playa!) between Mustafa Ali and Rey Mysterion against Andrade Cien Almas and Samoa Joe. And in the heat of it all, Rey Mysterio whips out what very well may be the very first Canadian Destroyer in WWE history (don't quote me on that).

It got a massive pop from the amazed crowd. Some haven't seen the move before. Others were amazed WWE allowed it to be done. One thing was for certain. It was damn effective.

Would you like to see the WWE be more free with the moves their talents use? Or would you rather them be restrictive? Whether its for safety reasons or to give us a once in a blue moon reaction like last night? Sound off below!

I haven't read anything to suggest that there's any heat on them for performing the move, so I have little doubt that it was given Vince's approval beforehand. If that is indeed the case, then it shows just how much trust Vince has in Mysterio and Almas to do the move without Almas suffering any injury.

WWE is a company that finds itself in a bit of a quandary when it comes to situations like this. I can't count the number of times I've heard people complain about how the company is too restrictive as it pertains to moves, yet look at what would happen if WWE did lighten up and someone was severely injured: you'd have many of those same fans and dirt sheet writers who bitch about it being too restrictive wanting to crucify them for not caring enough about the safety of the talent. Plus, there's the chance of a wrestler deciding to sue the company over injuries sustained, or at least trying to. After all, some 50+ former members of the company, some of whom haven't worked for WWE in decades, attempted to sue despite not really even having much of a case in the first place. WWE has to cover its ass because nobody else is going to, so I can understand Vince's reluctance sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back