951 Days: A Retrospective Look Back At The EurAvison Era

Discussion in 'WZCW.com' started by Hyorinmaru, Jul 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyorinmaru

Hyorinmaru Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens

The camera starts out black but as the seconds tick by we see still shots of Titus holding up the then called Elite X Championship above his head with Carmen Bratchny at his feet. That morphs into a still from Kingdom Come II showing Titus pinning Everest to become World Heavyweight Champion for the first time which quickly becomes a still of All or Nothing IV with Barbosa at his feet and the World Championship over his head for a second time.

As the camera fades back to black we hear the voice of Veteran interviewer Leon Kensworth.

Leon: A man who is no stranger to Championship gold Titus Avison has lost 2 Eurasian Championship matches in the past.

This time the still we see shows Titus on the mat with Big Dave and Chris K.O. standing over him each holding the Eurasian Championship.

The camera comes into focus and we see Leon sitting in a comfortable looking armchair and smiling.

Leon: Welcome Ladies & Gentlemen to a WZCW.com exclusive look at the amazing and historic Eurasian Championship reign of the man, the myth, the legend, the Hall of Famer Titus Avison. With two Eurasian Championship loses behind him some were saying that the Eurasian Championship may be the one that slips through his fingers and for a long time it looked like they may be right. It wasn't until November 23rd, 2015 with a complete change in attitude that Titus finally won the championship that eluded him for his entire career, and he did it at the biggest event off the year.

Leon: Little did we know that with this win the change in attitude would breath a second wind into a career some thought over. Many thought his reign would be short and the first one to challenge the new Champion would be the robotic S.H .I.T. at Apocalypse VI

The camera cuts to the Eurasian Championship match from Apocalypse VI

Leon: With his first successful title defense behind him Titus looked to the future and his next challanger. Little did he know his next challenger would be one of his toughest in the fitness guru Flex Mussél.

The camera goes blurry and when it comes into focus we see Titus Avison vs Flex Mussél from Gold Rush II in a bloody Mayhem Rules match.

Leon: With no clear cut winner at Gold Rush it was decided that Flex would get another shot at the Eurasian Championship in the Main Event of Ascension 106.

The camera goes back to Leon who simply shakes his head in disbelief at what we all just saw. He looks back up as the camers pans out and we see Flex Mussél sitting next to Leon in a suit.

Leon: At this time I would like to introduce Flex Mussél to talk about his bouts for the Eurasian Championship. Flex take it away.

Flex: I was a different man back then, it was idiotic of me to go into our first encounter injured but despite all that I gave it my all and Titus and I clashed to a no contest. But a no contest is still not becoming champion.

So my second try led to us inside a steel cage. It was brutal, it was unforgiving, and I almost beat him too. Unfortunately, back then I cared about pleasing the WZCW universe. I could have escaped the cage but instead wanted to show up the movie star. I leaped off the cage attempting to beat him with his own move, I missed, he won, and it's something I've always regretted. Nonetheless, he was the better man that night.

Once Flex is finished talking he gets up and leaves.

Leon: With Flex vanquished it was time for Vee AD.Z. to cash in on the title shot he won at Gold Rush. This time in a Pure Rules+ match at Unscripted VIII where the + is an empty arena.

Leon: After Vee A.D.Z Becky Serra and Vance Bateman wanted to test the Champion by making him fight three challengers at the same time. Those challengers would turn out to be new comer Tony Mancini, former World Champion Theron Daggershield and returning Xander LeBelle formerly known as Lé Gentleman Masque.

Leon: After beating his three opponents at the Lethal Lottery Titus had been Eurasian Champion almost a full calander year and people were starting to wonder who he would face at Kingdom Come. Before we could find that out Titus had a surprise for everyone at Meltdown 136.

Lee likes this.
  2. Hyorinmaru

Leon: After what some have called a joke title defense we found out that Titus would indeed face Theron but thanks to Therons' girlfriend and manager Tiffany Wyatt it was going to be a TLC match at Kingdom Come VIII.

The Camera shows Titus clutching his championship in is arms as it fades to black and comes back into focus on Leon in the studio.

Leon: Ladies and Gentlemen joining me now via satellite to talk about his part in the EurAvison Era Theron Daggershield.

The screen splits to show Leon on one side and Theron on the right. Once he realizes he's on camera Theron startz talking.

Theron: When I first learned that Tidarthian's reign as Global Champion had ended I couldn't believe it. It took another legend in Kaiser to finally end that reign. Sooner or later somebody is going to roll higher than you. No matter how many bonuses you get to your saving throws. While many of his tactics as Global Champion were questionable, he proved why they say they have heard of legends of him. It was an honor to face Tidarthian. I had the honor of facing him for that title twice. The first being at the Risky Raffle where Excalibur Labarbra and Antonio Manoosko were also in the match. I also got to face him at Empire Rally 8 in a dream match. We all started out as fans ourselves. As a young fan I attended Empire Rally 2 and got to see Tidarthian in action. To face him at that same event years later was a dream come true for me. I can only hope that our match inspired the gladiators of tomorrow, just as Tidarthian had inspired my younger self.

Dagger Dias likes this.
  3. Hyorinmaru

The camera goes back to a single screen as Leon continues.

Leon: With his most gruelling defense behind him and a full calander year as Champion under his belt some were starting to wonder if there was anyone who could beat Titus Avison when his title was on the line. The next one to try however would be The Son of Boston Logan McAllister in the main event of Meltdown 138 in his hometown.

Leon: Dejected, both the fans in the arena and at home started to lose hope that anyone could beat Titus. That he may actually retire still Eurasian Champion. They didn't dare hope until Kagura challanged him for the title at Apocalypse.

The camera goes back to Leon and sitting with him is the former Elite Openweight and World Champion Kagura who has a translator by her side.

Leon: Welcome Kagura and Thank you for joining us tonight. Please tell everyone your thoughts on Titus and his reign as Eurasian Champion.

Leon sits patiently for a minute or so while his words are translated.

`Taitasu ni wa, osoraku darenimo matchishinai kyōryokuna tōchi ga arimashita. Watashitachi no ōku wa kare o taosou to shimashita. Watashitachi no ōku wa shippai shimashita. Shikashinagara; kare wa watashitachi no nokori no bubun no tame ni bā o takaku settei shite hokori ni omou hitsuyō ga arimasu. Rekishi-tekina mono kara hanarete iru koto wa, kenkyona keikendeshita. Kekkyokunotokoro, taitasu ​​ no idai-sa wa, kare ga haiboku shita aite no kōkei ni yotte kimarimasu. Beruto o beruto kara hanasanakereba naranakatta to shite mo, kare ga dorekurai no jikan o sugosu koto ga dekiru no ka wa kyōmi ga atta'

“Titus had a mighty reign that will probably be matched by no one. So many of us tried to defeat him, and so many of us failed. However; he should be proud to have set the bar so high for the rest of us. It was a humbling experience to be apart of something so historic. After all, Titus’ greatness is defined by the caliber of opponents he defeated. Even if I wasn’t the one that got to take the belt away from him, I was curious to see just how long he could go.”

As Kagura gets up she gives Leon a small bow and through her translator thanks him for having her. Leon sits back down once they are out of screenshot and smiles at the camera as he continues.

Leon: The fans' hopes crushed by the villian once again Titus felt like no one could could take what he considered his. That is until Wren reminded the Champion that he could be pinned and challenged him to a match at Gold Rush to prove that lightning can strike twice. Titus would except but only with the stipulation that the match be contested in a 2 out of 3 falls match.

Leon: While Wren made good on her promise and became one of only two people to pin Titus in a Championship match it wasn't enough as the legendary EurAvison Era continued to the 10th Anniversary show where Titus faced another Hall of Famer and the first man to hold the Championship Titus covets in the form of Tyrons Blades.

Leon: The match ruined by Vis Imperium Titus remained Champion and was still able to have the last laugh by showing the world that he was the man aligned with Tyrone Blades and the 2nd memeber of The Hollow Ones. Before they could concentrate on Vis Imperium however Titus had to face a familiar foe in Tony Mancini who earlier that same night won the right to face him a second time. This time in a singles match at Meltdown 144.

Leon: Defying the odds once again Titus remains champion. Here with us now is former Mayhem Champion Tony Mancini to give us his thoughts on facing Titus for the belt.

Tony scowls at being called a Former Champion but keeps quiet about it.

Tony: The first time I faced him at the Lethal Lottery back in 2016 I'll admit I was a bit cocky thinking I'd walk out Eurasian Champion because the other three men were more focused on each other instead of the rookie who wasn't even a year into his career at the time. Looking back it's possible I was a bit to cocky and that's what cost me.

The second time was a singles match with me being a bit wiser and a lot tougher than than the first time. It still wasn't enough though it took a shot to the nuts to keep me down for the three count. Beating Titus would have been the shining moment of my career but I'm not ashamed to admit that Titus Avison is better than me in the ring and that he is the type of performer I want to be when it's time to lower the curtain on my own career.

Without another word Tony simply gets up and leaves as the camera quickly focuses on Leon.

Leon: With Mancini finally taken care of for good Titus looks forward to the future and the reason he joined The Hollow Ones, getting rid of Vis Imperium. Knowing he had to do something or watch his faction fall Kenneth Banks made Titus defend his singles championship in a tag team match. It would be Titus Avison teaming with Tyrone Blades as The Hollow Ones take on Vis Imperium members Xander LeBelle and Mark Keaton with whoever pins Avison becoming the new Champion. To even things up the fans voted that if Vis Imperium were to lose they would have to disband forever.

Leon: While Vis Imperium was vanquished back at Unscripted a former memebr in one Remarkable Mark Keaton would continue to be a thorn in his side and to make matters worse for the champion Ace Stevens and Triple X would also stake their claim to a Eurasian Championship match at the Lethal Lottery. To make it fair for all three men a match was made where all four men would face each other and the last one standing would be the Eurasian Champion.
    The camera leaves the match and shows Leon sitting with a very familiar face.

Leon: Welcome back Ladies and Gentlemen, with me at this time is the common opponent in the previous two matches you saw Remarkable Mark Keaton. Mark would you mind giving us your thoughts on your matches in particualr and Titus' reign as a whole?

Keaton: The EurAvison Era? Dude, that was a streak wasn't it? I mean, every wrestler worth his salt drooled over the thought of putting that run to an end and hoisting that radical belt up high. I know I blabbed about it enough. I got my chance in that fatal four way match and you know what happened?

Boom! I hit the guy with The Voltron Suplex and he kicked out! Can you believe that? He must be one of those Terminators, man. Before that he had a hand in ending Vis Imperium forever. So if you can do me a favor and keep Titus away from me I'll be happy. Interview over, Turkey!

4. Hyorinmaru

Keaton rips the microphone off his collar and montions to Big Bad Roady to follow him as he leaves. The camera quickly focuses on Leon who gives a bit of a half hearted laugh before quickly continuing.

Leon: With his fourteenth successful defense behind him Titus looks forward to the event that would mark two full years of the EurAvison Era, Kingdom Come IX. His opponent a man he has faced many times before in the former World Champion and new memeber of the WZCW Hall of Fame John Constantine but they have never faced each other with this much at stake.

If Constantine were to win he would not only be the one to end the history making reign he would retire holding the one championship that has eluded him his entire career in the Eurasian Championship. If Titus were to win it would be smooth sailing to a full One Thousand days as champion.

Leon: And there you have it. 951 days after it started and at the same event The EurAvison Era ended. With me now is the man who ended the historic reign the Eurasian Champion Constantine. John thanks for joining me before going home to enjoy your well deserved retirement. Would you mind sharing a few of your thoughts on what happened at Kingdom Come and ending a reign some thought would last forever?

Constantine: Titus Avison? Yeah, I've heard legends about his reign. Hell, I was the one who ended it.

I guess I was the right guy to end the reign after all. I honestly think that the championship reign was so spectacular that no one would ever have been forgiven for breaking it. I already here people talking about how they wish I didn't end it. People like what is familiar and what is comfortable. And for almost 3 years, Titus was comfortably the best champion that we had. Truthfully, whoever did the deed of taking the EurAsian Championship away from Titus and, in doing so, ended the EurAvison Era, had to leave the company.

I never once second guessed myself in WZCW in all honesty. I knew from the moment I stepped foot into the ring that I was good at what I did. All those years of winning championships and collecting accolades, it never really fazed me. I stepped into the ring with some WZCW greats in my time in WZCW. But honestly, the only time I ever felt nervous or that I couldn't get the job done was the last match against Titus.

Ending the EurAvison Era was something special given the talent he had barrelled through on the road to Kingdom Come IX. There was a lot of pressure eon both of us and I can't thank Titus enough for being the man who I main evented a Kingdom Come with. In all honesty, the match deserved go on last despite his opponent - I was simply the right guy in the right place. Almost 3 years as champion deserves the credit and adulation that he is now receiving and a major positive of beating Titus for the championship is that people are now realising how amazing it was.

That match, against the best to ever do the dance, is the real legend that I'll hear legends of. The championship reign was the capping off piece of an extraordinary career but quickly became the foundation of his legacy.

With nothing else to say John shakes Leon's hand and wishes him luck before walking off camera. Leon smiles and watches him go.

Leon: There you have it ladies and gentlemen a look back at the single longest championship reign in WZCW history. A record that will never be broken.

The lights start to dim as the camera fades to black and the credits start to roll.

5. Hyorinmaru

Credit

Flex Segment: Dynamite

Kagura Segment: Echelon

Theron Segment: Dagger

Mark Keaton Segment: Jeff

Constantine Segment: Dave

Leon, Tony & excerpt gathering: Milenko

In all seriousness Lee congrats on a record that will never be broken whether WZCW is around for another week or another decade. And thank you for letting me do this. I had a lot of fun and you deserve every bit of praise you get.

Special thanks to the guys that sent me in stuff as well. They really helped tie it all together.

6. Hyorinmaru

Hey look I did a thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.