Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
90's Region – The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air vs Boy Meets World

0000034675_20061021010827.jpg

VS

Boy%20Meets%20World%20s4.jpg

This will piss a LOT of people off. I didn't like the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air once I seen it in repeats. I liked it on it's first run, on NBC. But after that, just not that good. Boy Meets World is a great show. And one of my faves. Topanga. That's all I need to say. She's still one of my biggest TV crushes and Corey was endearing, up until he grew into a massive tool. But the early years of the show were great and to me, that puts it over Fresh Prince.

NSL's going to throw a fit, btw.

Holy shit draw!

I have to vote against a fav of mine either way! But, I am backing Fresh Prince in the 90's against everything but Friends. FPOBA launched one of America's #1 actors in Will Smith into superstardom, had amazing performances by James Avery (Uncle Phil) and some of the funnier jokes in TV history. Also, some great lessons here. It was a modern version of The Jeffersons, and even better.

Boy Meets World was terrific, but since one show has to lose, give me Fresh Prince FTW.

Damn this is a really good matchup for the first round. Both shows were huge in the 90's and shows that I watched. But honestly, this is a no brainer for me. Fresh Prince of Bel Air was another show that I absolutely loved as a kid and still do to this day. I will go out of my way to build my schedule around watching it. Will Smith may be a well respected actor now a days but I like looking back on his silly side, it makes me all warm inside. Do the right thing kids and vote Fresh Prince.

:blink: Damn you, tdigs (or IC...whoever did this)...

I liked Fresh Prince..., but it's just not in the same league as Boy Meets World. The cast to that show was great, and every character was amazing. The stories were all funny, the interactions were all well done, and from beginning to end, it was a "guide" for and kid watching. Anyone can watch that show, and pick out at least one piece of each show that has happened to them in real life.

Boy Meets World FTMFW

NSL's going to throw a fit, btw.

I did...On the inside though...Didn't want to overdo it here...

Great matchup that could go either way.

I loved both of these shows, but I have to go with Fresh Prince.
I still love watching the reruns and make a point of watching whenever I see it's on. It launched the careers of possibly my favorite actor, Will Smith. And it gave birth to the phenomenon known as Bel Airing. I used to find ways to try and sneak around my bedtime just to watch this when I was a kid but then my mom got scared, and said 'You're movin with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air!' I whistled for a cab and when i came near, the license plate said 'Fresh', and it had dice in the mirror, if anything i could say that this cab was rare, but I thought 'Nah, forget it - Yo, home to Bel-Air!' I pulled up to the house at bout seven or eight, I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo home, smell ya later!' I looked at my kingdom, and I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.

Wow, like has been said, it sure is a tight draw here. I loved both shows as a kid, really not being able to pick a winner from that. Boy Meets World did have Vader, so that gives it a point, but this is what it comes down to today. If I were living back in the old days when I had two channels, one with Fresh Prince, one with Boy Meets World, I would put on Fresh Prince. Still ccy when Will gets shot. Very emotional:(

God this is a though match up and very unfair when you consider that some shit shows are being paired together, whilst many great shows are being knocked down and out. In any case, I love the Fresh Prince of Bel Air a lot, and it'll get my vote. If only for the amount of times I've trolled with that theme tune.

I liked both of these shows, but I give the edge to FPOBA. I just loved this show and was one of the funnier shows on TV. It progressed so well too with the characters growing up and even the character change for Vivian. I can still watch FPOBA today and laugh at the same jokes I did back then. Boy Meets World was a good show too and it got a tough draw.

Here's the fit Lariat called for...

Are you fucking kidding me? Boy Meets World should not be losing this, at all, ever...Corey, Shawn, and Topanga were a part of everyone's childhood, and made TGIF worth watching, no matter what they sandwiched it between. Mr. Feeny is just like one teacher we've all had, and it's easily the most relatable show for a pre-teen/teen since the start of the '90s.

The only thing I can think of, to justify this losing, is that it isn't currently on...Just you wait until it re-airs on Nick At Nite...You'll all feel stupid for not letting it win here :glare:

Ho.

Lee.

SHIT!!!!!

What kind of draw is this for BMW? Seriously, this has to be the most difficult draw of the first round. They're both well scripted, the cast of both shows is outstanding, the situations were actually funny, they dealt with real life issues, and they made up most of my childhood. I feel like I'm in the MNW, when I was asked to pick either Raw or Nitro. This is that bad.

But I went with BMW. Why?

Two words. Fee-nay. Fuh fuh fuh Fee-nay!

Feeny!

Yes, Mr. Feeny is quite possiblt the greatest character on television. Ever. His words were smart, he always offered sound advice, and he was just all types of awesome you can't describe. Feeny is easily my favorite character out of anyone in this entire melee ensuing here. Period. So that's my tie breaker. So folks, I urge you, vote Boy Meets World.

But more importantly.....

Vote Feeny!

[YOUTUBE]m-BB-Xk9xYY[/YOUTUBE]

Got to go with Boy Meets World, and it's not a hard choice for me.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air gets played on television WAAAAYYYYYYY too fucking often, and Boy Meets World is not shown anywhere on television these days. I've grown absolutely sick of Fresh Price these past 4 years or so. And this is coming from somebody who fucking LOVED the show once upon a time. Outside of some Carlton scenes, and the episode with Will's father, Fresh Prince just doesn't hold up after you've seen it so many times. It just doesn't.

Boy Meets World on the other hand, while it doesn't come on often today, it still used to come on all the time about 7-8 years ago on the Disney Channel and ABC Family. And best believe I was ALWAYS fucking watching, and I NEVER got tired of it like I did with the Fresh Prince. And fuck do I miss Boy Meets World. If there was a complete series DVD release of the show, I promise I would buy it instantly. That's how much I love this show.

So, yeah... I've grown sick of The Fresh Prince, while I haven't had my Boy Meets World fix in literally years. That's what makes this vote so easy for me.

Reactions: NSL
Wow.... this should be a semi-final match and not a first round one. Both of these shows were awesome but I have to give my vote to Boy Meets World. I watched it every chance I got when I was younger and even had some episodes of it memorized.... It was my favorite show for years. There is absolutely no way it should lose here because it was one of the best shows any of us can remember. Fresh Prince was a good show too, but if it wins then NSL's not the only one who's going to throw a fit....

This is tough for me but I'm going to have to go with Fresh Prince. After Topanga, Feeny, and Corey, the rest of the cast seemed to fall off for me. Will, Carlton, Ashley, and Hilary played great characters and I'm sorry BMW fans but I will take Geoffrey over Feeny almost any day of the week. Fresh Prince was always funny and it also dealt with emotional issues such as Will getting shot, Carlton taking drugs, and the issues between Will and his father. Smith because a national phenomenon because of Fresh Prince and it helped keep Ribeiro after Silver Spoons.

Fuck the Fresh Prince. Another extremely overrated show that I never really got into as a kid. Yeah Will Smith is funny and so is Carlton but aside from that the show never really appealed to me, atleast never in the way that Boy Meets World did.

Boy Meets World is another one of my favorite sitcoms and is a show that I grew up on. I grew up with Corey and Topanga and Shawn, they were like my OWN friends in a way. I've seen every episode multiple times and I'll never, ever get tired of it, it's practically a perfect show. It had humor, heart, and a fun cast to boot. Come on, who doesn't remember how fucking AWESOME that Scream parody episode was? That might just be the most entertaining 20+ minutes of TV ever, god how I loved this show as a kid.

Answer me this: Did the Fresh Prince ever have fucking VADER in a guest starring role? No? Than do the right thing and vote for Boy Meets World.

Fuck the Fresh Prince. Another extremely overrated show that I never really got into as a kid. Yeah Will Smith is funny and so is Carlton but aside from that the show never really appealed to me, atleast never in the way that Boy Meets World did.

Boy Meets World is another one of my favorite sitcoms and is a show that I grew up on. I grew up with Corey and Topanga and Shawn, they were like my OWN friends in a way. I've seen every episode multiple times and I'll never, ever get tired of it, it's practically a perfect show. It had humor, heart, and a fun cast to boot. Come on, who doesn't remember how fucking AWESOME that Scream parody episode was? That might just be the most entertaining 20+ minutes of TV ever, god how I loved this show as a kid.

Answer me this: Did the Fresh Prince ever have fucking VADER in a guest starring role? No? Than do the right thing and vote for Boy Meets World.

Sorry X, but even Vader being on BMW isn't going to change my mind. I liked the show but I just like Fresh Prince more. The issues FP dealt with were like the ones I've been around like guns, drugs, and parent abandonment so it hits more home for me.

Boy Meets World is winning because people are nostalgic. It was a show aimed at children and a show that has very little dimension to it. I can't remember a single thing that happened in any of the episodes I've seen, or even anything about the characters outside what they look like. It's just comedy pulp that you watch but don't take on board.

There's a reason they haven't stopped showing the Fresh Prince, even though it is almost 20 years old, and that's because its still funny. The characters were all well rounded, and everyone of them served a humorous role. The show could also be very poignant too. I remember specifically an episode where Carlton and Will were arrested, basically for being black people in a nice car, and the discussion Carlton and Phil have about it at the end of the episode.

What the hell kind of first round matchup is this? Two of my favorite shows right here, but I went with Boy Meets World.

I'm a big fan of Fresh Prince. Epic theme song, Will Smith is great, Carlton is a hell of a character, and who doesn't love Uncle Phil? Fresh Prince was always a decently entertaining show to watch.

However, it's going up against BMW, which everyone can relate to. Great cast, extremely funny, and there were a ton of memorable episodes, perhaps Tasty just hasn't watched enough. As X said, the Scream parody was awesome. What about when Cory ahd to paint the fence instead of playing with super soakers? Or the one about the badass teacher that rode a motorcycle. How about when Cory stayed up late to watch Curt Schilling pitch a no hitter. Or when Tapanga moved to Pittsburgh. I can go on and on and I haven't watched the show in years. I haven't even mentioned Eric yet.

BMW was an incredible show that was just as good in it's later years when they were in college as it was at the beginning. A classic show for me and one that I'd love to see win the whole thing.

Reactions: X
This is unfair :shrug: Two of my favorite shows of all time. I had to go with Fresh Prince though.

I do agree though, that they play Fresh Prince in reruns so many times (on how many stations, at that?) it begins to wear you out. I wonder how the DVD boxsets even sell when its everywhere on television, even with extras. Speaking of, only the first three seasons of Boy Meets World is on DVD, and Disney stop manufacturing those and canceled their season four release (and subsequent seasons). :disappointed:

Sorry X, but even Vader being on BMW isn't going to change my mind. I liked the show but I just like Fresh Prince more. The issues FP dealt with were like the ones I've been around like guns, drugs, and parent abandonment so it hits more home for me.

Well to be fair, Boy Meets World dealt with parent abandonment as well (Shawn's mother and his dead beat father).

What the hell kind of first round matchup is this? Two of my favorite shows right here, but I went with Boy Meets World.

I'm a big fan of Fresh Prince. Epic theme song, Will Smith is great, Carlton is a hell of a character, and who doesn't love Uncle Phil? Fresh Prince was always a decently entertaining show to watch.

However, it's going up against BMW, which everyone can relate to. Great cast, extremely funny, and there were a ton of memorable episodes, perhaps Tasty just hasn't watched enough. As X said, the Scream parody was awesome. What about when Cory ahd to paint the fence instead of playing with super soakers? Or the one about the badass teacher that rode a motorcycle. How about when Cory stayed up late to watch Curt Schilling pitch a no hitter. Or when Tapanga moved to Pittsburgh. I can go on and on and I haven't watched the show in years. I haven't even mentioned Eric yet.

BMW was an incredible show that was just as good in it's later years when they were in college as it was at the beginning. A classic show for me and one that I'd love to see win the whole thing.

Mr. Johnathan Turner. A very important character because he was like a dad to Shawn.

As far as everyone can relate to, there were only two black characters on that show (Mr. Turner's teacher friend Mr. Williams, and Angela, Shawn's girlfriend) so I can't really co-sign that.

I've seen both shows recently, and I have to say Fresh Prince is better. Boy Meets World used to rerun on Disney Channel at like 2 in the morning. And Fresh Prince used to rerun on Nick at Nite and today it comes on Disney XD. Damn Disney owns alot of shit. Anyways, Fresh Prince had some of the funniest moments in television history. It gave Will Smith a career to bounce off of. It had great lessons to teach. And personally, it just brings back alot of memories for me. It was really the opposite of shows like The Cosby Show and Family Matters (which were both great shows), and it flourished because of that. Plus it gave us this hard ass theme song:

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air for the motherfucking win.

This is terrible. This shouldn't be this close. Boy Meets World was a nice, funny, cute show. FP is one of the three best sitcoms of all the times.

It launched the career of Will Smith. The show was so good, that the least likable character, Carlton, gets to fuck ECW Tiffany.

Both shows had a long run. Both shows had evolving characters. The difference is, FP stayed true to its roots, while BMW totally changed. The evolution of Corey Matthews went from trouble making smartass to whiny, sentimental pussy. Will only got cooler as the show progressed.

Look, I like BMW, I really do. I would have voted for it over most of the shows in this tournament, but FP was funnier, better written, better evolved, and just all around truer to the roots of sitcoms. There was physical comedy, snappy comedy, and smart comedy. At the end of BMW, there were episodes that wouldn't even make me laugh.

Both shows had a long run. Both shows had evolving characters. The difference is, FP stayed true to its roots, while BMW totally changed. The evolution of Corey Matthews went from trouble making smartass to whiny, sentimental pussy. Will only got cooler as the show progressed.

Good point, but Boy Meets World was SUPPOSED to change completely. The whole point of the show was to make a sitcom out of a boy growing up to be a man. Honestly, does anybody ever remain the same person their entire life? I sure haven't. We all go through lots of changes in our lives. New environments, new friends, personality traits change, plus real life is full of REAL face turns and REAL heel turns.

Boy Meets World did a better job than any show in recent memory of making a show out of showing us something we can relate to.... how our lives change as we grow up. The changes were done on purpose and while I admit that I preferred the younger version of Cory too, no one remains the same person their entire life.

A more humerous first half, and a more serious second half. When we are little, life is more about having fun. When we are adolescents and in college life becomes more serious because a lot of things in our life change.... which is exactly what happens on the show. It does all of this while still remaining funny for its entire run.

I honestly think that the changes made the show better in the long run because it has something for everyone.

On another note.... MICK FOLEY had a guest appearance AS MANKIND!

Reactions: X
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back