Soundgarden vs The Gorillaz

• Soundgarden

• The Gorillaz

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

Soundgarden vs The Gorillaz

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

Soundgarden, all the way. This coming from someone who actually really likes the Gorillaz and finds them to be very underrated.

But Soundgarden were legendary. Are legendary. The FIRST real grunge band (aside from Green River, but nobody knows who the hell Green River is), so the first to make it big I guess I'll say.

The Gorillaz are excellent however. Alot of people write them off as one hit wonders, but there is so much more to their new stuff ever since Danger Mouse came on as a Producer, the man is an electronic and beat-making GENIUS. Demon Days is one of the best albums of the last five years that I can recall.

But Soundgarden were at the top of their game for so many years. Just year after year they would turn out another fantastic grunge-metal album, with poignant lyricism from Cornell, and a sailing guitar attack from Kim Thayil spearheading each track. They brought metal into the alternative-rock equation, fusing what became grunge. If you can't hear some Black Sabbath in Kim's riffs, you ain't listenin' fella.

So I did vote for Soundgarden. Here is my evidence.

Soundgarden - Rusty Cage
[youtube]5ChT3AJAwGo[/youtube]

Soundgarden - Outshined
[youtube]WG-3_mT6d5c[/youtube]

Soundgarden - Spoonman
[youtube]zqWadsagYtQ[/youtube]

Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
[youtube]qiSkyEyBczU[/youtube]

Other songs to check out: Room a Thousand Years Wide, Jesus Christ Pose, Fell on Black Days, My Wave, Flower, Head Injury, Hands All Over

Great description and post for Soundgarden, I will be supporting them big time, they are such a fantastic band. Chris Cornell's lyrics are unmatched and they really brought Grunge into the mainstream, sometimes I feel they are lost in translation behind the Nirvana's and Pearl Jam's but hopefully they get well represented here.

The Gorillaz are great. But its Soundgarden. And Soundgarden beats most bands. The voice of Chris Cornell is so great. He is one of the two great Vocalists from the early 90's that are still alive. The Other being Eddie Vedder. But this is a easy victory for Soundgarden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back