Pearl Jam vs The Deftones

• Pearl Jam

• The Deftones

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

Pearl Jam vs The Deftones

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

Another matchup that isn't even remotely close. Pearl Jam should take this with ease.

The Deftones were decent. I was never immediately angered by the utter mediocrity of their music when they came on the radio, unlike most of today's rock bands. But they don't even come close to the greatness that is Pearl Jam.

Easily one the greatest rock and roll bands of all time IMO. Not just grunge (wow thats starting to sound like my mantra) or alternative rock, but all time. They recorded a slew of absolute rock classics in the early 90s. Ten, Vs., and Vitalogy are all classics that still remain close by my stereo.

Pearl Jam takes this one easily.

Pearl Jam songs to check out: Evenflow, Alive, Jeremy, Once, Black, Animal, Daughter, Corduroy, Rearviewmirror, Better Man, God's Dice, Evacuation, Go, Last Kiss

Last Kiss may be my least favorite song by a band I absolutely love. It is such a whiney, depressing song. And every other sing you listed, X, is AMAZING MUSIC.

The riffs through Ten were the stuff of legend, and thank you for putting the best song on the album Ten - that being "Once," on your list.

The Deftones, to me, could disappear tomorrow and nobody would notice. Pearl Jam is not going anywhere anytime soon.

I agree, "Last Kiss" was just crap IMO, I know It was done with good intentions, but still It was crap, one of Pearl Jam's only dull moments

Doesn't matter though, Pearl Jam still takes by miles. I grew up on Pearl Jam, and even though I wasn't a big fan of theirs at first, most of their stuff did grow on me in time. They were a mellower type of rock band, something that you could wind down to, like Pink Floyd or The Police. Plus They make excellent long distance driving music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back