Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
90's Region – Friends vs Everybody Loves Raymond

friends_tv_show.jpg

VS

everybody_loves_raymond26.jpg

Brilliant job on whomever's making these polls. Seriously. This has got to be making most TV buffs heads explode. I know mine is. Friends is another culture icon. The most popular show on NBC besides Seinfeld. A juggernaut that kept Thursday Nights number one for NBC when Seinfeld left. Joey, Rachel, Ross, Phoebe, Chandler, and Monica were all great. The show has also had very few bad episodes. And a LOT of fans.

BUT... I voted Raymond. It deserves a vote and doesn't need a shut out. It's a wonderful show that actually lasted the same time as Friends, but was on a different night. Raymond's comedy and family were great and clean cut. Made Monday Nights on CBS the new Must See TV. Thanks to this, shows like Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory were able to thrive.

I go with Raymond...even though I'll back Friends if it makes it.

Once again, I was not a fan of either show particularly. I can see the interest in each show but neither one really ever reached out to me. I do however love Courtney Cox and Matt LeBlanc. Therefore, I voted for Friends. I could appreciate and enjoy friends much more then I could ever enjoy the overly dry humor in Everybody Loves Raymond.

Like I said, I can see the appeal of both shows but neither ever did anything for me so it won't break my heart to see either show go. Though in all honesty, the winner of this tournament could very well be the winner of this match, in my opinion.

Who in the bloody hell voted for Everybody Loves Raymond?? I've tried to sit through this show...I really have...And, unless Brad Garrett was on (and in short doses), I couldn't help but change the channel. I don't recall anything that was ever funny about it.

Friends on the other hand, was a great show, and I loved sitting down to watch it with the family whenever a new show was on. I stopped watching a little after the Chandler/Monica wedding, due to real life becoming a hassle, but I still followed it, and I still try to catch reruns when I can.

Easily Friends.

I could never get into Everybody Loves Raymond. I tried too, but it just wasn't for me. Honestly, the only fond memory I have of the show is its split second mention in The 40 Year Old Virgin. That's really all the show is to me.

Friends, however, I fucking love. I liked it back in the day, but it wasn't until about 2, maybe 3, years ago I decided to buy the first season on DVD to see if I would like the show today, and I absolutely fell in love with it. I ended up buying all 10 Seasons over the period of a couple of weeks, and have watched the complete series twice since doing so. The show is just hilarious to me. Ross, Chandler, Joey... these guys crack me the fuck up, especially Ross. And then you have Aniston's fine ass, plus Cox who ain't so bad either (though her character was by far my favorite female character on the show). It's just a fun show to sit through, so many reasons, and I doubt I'll ever get tired of it. Also, the dramatic scenes throughout the series history were damn impressive as well, and I'm sure better than anything Everybody Loves Raymond has ever done.

Friends, I do enjoy Raymond and probably watch Raymond reruns more then Friends reruns but... Friends was just allot funnier, I can think of plenty of moments that i can remember from Friends. I can;t remember much from Raymond though.

Friends and it's not close to me. I seen plenty of Everybody Loves Raymond but I cannot get behind that show for any reason whatsoever. My 2nd favorite sitcom character all of time is Phoebe Buffay and I believe her humor made this show for the first few seasons and took off from there. Ross and Rachel's off and on relationship was great and was very emotional with Monica and Chandler trying to adopt a baby. I just found this show funny as a whole more than ELR and to me, Joey Tribbiani is the man. Enough said.

Poor Everybody Loves Raymond. I'm watching this show at the moment, and I really like it. But Friends is one of my picks to win. I have like 3. I can not vote against this here. I've sat and watched all 10 seasons after one another plenty of times, and they don't get any less funny. Chandler is possibly my favourite character from any sitcom ever. His humour can be topped by no one, and there hasn't been an episode of Friends where he hasn't made me laugh out loud, so Friends gets my vote.

Aw, poor Raymond.

I actually love Everybody Loves Raymond. I recently downloaded all of the episodes and watched every one in succession and loved it. Seriously, it was such a great show and I think a lot of people underrate it. I personally think it was fantastic. Ray Romano is brilliant in it and gave me huge laughs throughout the show. However, it will never beat Friends. Friends is one of the shows that will never, EVER be deleted from my hard drive. I downloaded them about two years ago and I never stop watching them. It was a fantastically funny show and no character has ever come close to Chandler Bing in my opinion. Perry's performance as Chandler was priceless and one of the reasons that I love the show so much. It will never lose it's appeal to me and that is why I am voting for it here.

Not a fan of Friends in the slightest. Really, the show did nothing for me. Sure, there are a bunch of good looking people and they're all friends, how interesting.

Raymond is a solid show. Not one of my favorites, but I'll watch it when it comes on. Ray Ramono is pretty funny and Brad Garrett and the grandparents are hilarious. Good enough to get past Friends for me.

Wow. What a terrible match up here. Two of the absolute worst sitcoms in recent memory paired up against each other, awesome.

I hate Friends. Fucking despise it. Blame my mother and sister for forcing me to watch it with them all the time. Blame my ex-girlfriend for doing the same. The more I watch it, the more I fucking hate it. The characters are all completely and totally unlikable (and not in the Seinfeld kind of way where you're supposed to dislike them), all of them are assholes, the writing is absolute garbage and pop-culture referencing cardboard filler, and the dramatic elements of the show are laughable. If it weren't for the talent of a few of the actors on the show it would have been canned years and years before it was.

Can't stand that show. Raymond gets my vote just because I do not want to see Friends go anywhere far in this tournament. Fuck that piece of superficial garbage, watching twenty minutes of Friends is like smashing your head against a wall, you probably lose as many brain cells. Just total shit.

Raymond sucked too, but not to the extent that Friends did and does.

I really like Friends, and find it really watchable, but I do only laugh about once an episode. That might hurt it later on, but in all honesty Raymond just isn't very funny. I tend to find shows like this that are just a platform for one of the actors are a little souless. The Fresh Prince is probably the only exception to this.

I don't know how people can like Friends. Maybe it's 90s humor but I can't sit through an entire show. Everybody Loves Raymond isn't a great show, or even a good show but I can watch an entire episode. It had a variety of characters that made creative stories.

I see the haters have been voting against Friends here. I know Raymond has an audience, and I know Raymond was getting huge fucking checks, but it has to come down to Friends incredible ratings, their fans, and that eerie episode where Brad Pitt hates Jennifer Aniston. It was so foreshadowing. Friends is what kept me watching Thusday night Television, partnered with Survivor (though on different networks) and I must say I miss not being able to watch it fresh every week.

I hate both these shows with a passion that would fuel a thousand suns. But I hate Friends far more than I hate Raymond. Good God was Friends horrible, to me every character was so fucking wishy washy and had the personality of a cardboard box. And every episode basically had Ross acting like a little bitch about his relationship bullshit. God just thinking about the times I got forced to watch it makes me want to stab something.

I gotta stop this post now, Raymond gets my vote.

I don't hate Friends like X does, as a matter of fact, I don't hate Friends at all. However, I've tried watching the show numerous times and I never find it enjoyable to watch. The writing and characters I just don't find funny at all. I guess the show isn't my cup of tea...

But I still voted for Everybody Loves Raymond. It wasn't the funniest show ever nor is it one of my favorites, but it's a solid show like GD said. I usually laugh a few times throughout it and the characters aren't bad. It's basically a show that I don't mind watching when there's nothing else on TV because I know that at least I'll get some enjoyment out of watching it. I really can't say the same about Friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back