Blink 182 vs Dave Matthews Band

• Blink 182

• Dave Matthews Band

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Match

Blink 182 vs Dave Matthews Band

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

Holy crap? How can THIS be a first round matchup? Dave Matthews Band is one of the greatest and most influential musical groups in history, and you are putting them up against Blink, possibly the band that paved the way for today's punk giants like Fall Out Boy, etc. Completely horrendous seeding IMO.

I have to go with Dave. Dave is the most phenomenal live performer in the industry today, as never once does he not provide the audience with a FANTASTIC show. Furthermore, this guy tours EVERY YEAR. That's INSANE. This should really be a no-contest, but I have a feeling that Blink will take the victory with this demographic. :disappointed:

Seeding was pretty much random in this region. I did rank bands 1-64 VERY loosely, and then put the other 64 in no particular order. I then REVERSED the list of 65-128, ensuring total randomness. Even I didn't see half of these matchups coming. This is a very even match, IMO, another "8 vs 9" type of a match.

I voted Blink. I was never a big Dave Matthews guy, I used to like a lot of early Blink - easy vote for me.

And I agree that Blink takes this with the demographic we have.

I have always thought that DMB was total crap and NEVER found them to be anything like people hype them up to be, Blink, I did enjoy occassionally so I went with them, even if DMB is more highly touted, I just can't vote them as I find their music to be boring and just not that good.

I think that DMB is utter and total crap, but Blink 182 is complete and total shit. I never understood the appeal of these guys. None of their songs are entertaining, it's just a bunch of sophomoric crap in all honesty. Their voices are about as annoying as it gets and the instruments are utter shit.

I hate both these bands, they are both complete shit and to be honest when I saw tis match up I didn't know which way I was gioning to vote until I saw Rickey's post and read the part in bold...

you are putting them up against Blink, possibly the band that paved the way for today's punk giants like Fall Out Boy, etc. Completely horrendous seeding IMO.

The fact that Blink "paved the way" for bands like fucking Fall Out Boy, is enough of a reason for me to vote against them

Blink 182 always gets labeled as being "sophmoric" but if you actually listened to their last album you'd see how different, and much more serious, they became. Reminded me of a Cure album

And it amazes me to no end that the people who praised and voted for Green Day are criticizing Blink 182. THEIR ALMOST EXACTLY ALIKE.

Dave Matthews Band is utter garbage. Friend wouldn't stop raving about how their live show "changed his life". So I go see them, worst fucking show I have EVER seen. I wanted a refund.

Blink takes this one easily. Dude Ranch is a great album, and if you like the Offspring & Green Day then you have no ground at all to criticize Blink's sound.

Blink 182 always gets labeled as being "sophmoric" but if you actually listened to their last album you'd see how different, and much more serious, they became. Reminded me of a Cure album

And it amazes me to no end that the people who praised and voted for Green Day are criticizing Blink 182. THEIR ALMOST EXACTLY ALIKE.

Dave Matthews Band is utter garbage. Friend wouldn't stop raving about how their live show "changed his life". So I go see them, worst fucking show I have EVER seen. I wanted a refund.

Blink takes this one easily. Dude Ranch is a great album, and if you like the Offspring & Green Day then you have no ground at all to criticize Blink's sound.

I was reading through everyone else's posts and I was about to say exactly what you said man... anyone who voted for Green Day or Offspring should not be talking crap about Blink. Everyone knows the guys were not the most talented of musicians... but that didn't stop their music from being enjoyable to me. I always found Blink to be completely inoffensive, they are the sort of band that if one of their songs comes on in a club or at a party it'll pretty much get everyone on the dance floor thats just the sort of appeal they have.

Everyone knows the guys were not the most talented of musicians...

Except for Travis Barker. One of the better drummers of this day and age, IMO. When I've listened to DMB, I nearly fall asleep. But Blink very easy to get in to and pretty entertaining. So my vote goes to Blink 182.

Dave Matthews Band is some of the most overrated garbage I've ever come across. It's all Indie snobs rave on about and critics praise them like they're something special. They really aren't.

I used to be a fan of Blink when I was younger. I don't really care for them anymore, but they wrote some catchy stuff. I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to them, but I wouldn't turn them off if they came on TV or the radio.

Blink gets my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back