90 day compete clause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pone

Pre-Show Stalwart
A lot are questioning about the compete clause but angle was released aka "fired" so shouldn't the compete clause be void...?

No, he was granted his release, which means he probably agreed to a no-compete. Doesn't mean he can't announce this now, because they aren't paying him yet and he hasn't worked for them.

no dave meltzer reported that he was still under a no compete policy due to the fact that he was geting paid.... he was geting payed 500k

he has a no compete clause which means he can show uo but he cant "compete".....he can be there but not wrestle, thats all

VINCE will be making a big mistake if he pursues a lawsuite because it will give more attention to TNA by the Major Media...

Don't think for a second that TNA hasn't covered all their bases, here. They cannot afford either to botch this Angle acquisition or have Vince sue them into oblivion, literally. I don't know the specifics on Angle's release, but I should think that TNA will be covered. Plus, this gives Kurt a great storyline excuse not to perform for a couple months, in that he can't wrestle due to "contractual obligations"

all i know is that this only is a positive for TNA get a top3 wrestler and a charasmatic one at that.I just hope angle will be healthy enough and he is ready when the time comes

He hasn't done anything illegal yet. He has not received a single dollar from TNA.

ANd whoever said it is right, the last thing Vince wants is to file a lawsuit and give this media time. He doesn't want to let people know where Kurt went, A) It is sort of embarassing if Kurt duped them all that bad and B) Angle has a large fan base who will begin watching TNA if Vince lets everyone know where he is.

sirveaux said:
Don't think for a second that TNA hasn't covered all their bases, here. They cannot afford either to botch this Angle acquisition or have Vince sue them into oblivion, literally. I don't know the specifics on Angle's release, but I should think that TNA will be covered. Plus, this gives Kurt a great storyline excuse not to perform for a couple months, in that he can't wrestle due to "contractual obligations"

I'm sure their legal bases are covered but the wwe's legal team are notorious bullies who have filed lawsuits for the most petulant reasons

Burgundy said:
I'm sure their legal bases are covered but the wwe's legal team are notorious bullies who have filed lawsuits for the most petulant reasons

Yeah, but I wouldn't put it past VKM to be arrogant enough to have told Kurt to go to TNA, perhaps flippantly, thinking Kurt wouldn't do it. He did tell Bret to go to wCw, after all. I know that situation was different, but you get what I'm saying

well vince took shannon moore and jeff hardy and tna took kurt angle

Smokeydogg said:
Yeah, who got the best of THAT exchange? Ha ha...

Remember when Christian was the biggst acquisition in TNA history? Seems like a long time ago. This has been a big year for TNA. Now if someone would just kill Jarrett...

Smokeydogg said:

yes because Shanon Moore and Jeff Hardy sell out arena's, make Vince millions of dollars, put on stellar Wrestlemania main event's. Yes its exactly the SAME thing.

The Point of a No Compete Clause is that it is written into the Contract when it starts, that should the person "get out" of the contract before it is due to expire, they will be subject to a No Compete Clause. I think also while in this No Compete time period, the person will be paid. Its kind of a like a cooling off period so that someone cant just snap someone up and use their heat straight away on a TV Show. This is why Christian was able to go to TNA so quickly, because his contract expired, he didnt end it early. Although I do think its a bit off that when the WWE initiate the breach of contract, the Wrestler is still subject to the No Compete Clause.

Randolph H said:
VINCE will be making a big mistake if he pursues a lawsuite because it will give more attention to TNA by the Major Media...

dude, mcmahon has already gotten onto christian cage for wearing the captain carisma logo on tna. i doubt that he'll be so hesitant to stop kurt angle from wrestling.

Angle is my favorite wrestler. However, for his sake, I certainly hope he takes at least half a year off. He's one of wrestling's most ravaged bodies and I'd rather see longevity than see him rush back to the scene. Don't let your impatience shorten your career, Kurt!!!

looks like angle did this just to spite Mcmahon since he can't compete for TNA yet but Vince still has to pay him for 90 days

If I am not correct. Christian Owns the right to use captain carisma since he owns the copyright to it. If I am not mistaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back