The Replacements vs Night Ranger

• The Replacements

• Night Ranger

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 80's Match

The Replacements vs Night Ranger

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

PHEW, thank GOD people here have got the common sense to vote for the Replacements. After looking at the injustice that the Smiths & Husker Du are getting, I was expecting more injustice here with another legendary and landmark alt-rock band in The Replacements. Luckily, they're winning 6-2 right now.

First, Night Ranger. They are known for one song and one song, and the only reason people even remember that song anymore is because of the famous scene in Boogie Nights using it. That's about all that needs to be said about Night Ranger.

The Replacements, and Paul Westerberg (the frontman) in particuliar, were simply astounding. They constructed a mix of blistering rockers, heart wrenching power pop melodies, and various other styles to create this distinct sound that belonged only to them. Their influence as well is rather large, with their two best albums in particuliar being Let It Be and Tim, both of which have been voted in countless "100 Best Rock Albums" lists over the years (including Rolling Stone's).

Just listen to this ONE song people, I'm BEGGING YOU. Just listen to the first 20 seconds even, just hear the guitar jangle, and try to resist. I dare you. Just give it a try; if you're anything like me this song will reel you in like a sucker and have you hooked to it for weeks. This is unfortunately the best version of this song I could find, but if you get the chance download the studio version on Limewire or something, it's just perfect. It's literally the perfect song. This version truly does not do it justice.

The Replacements - Can't Hardly Wait
[youtube]jcdSdTBs3l4[/youtube]

I like "Sister Christian" but in a million years I wouldn't vote Night Ranger over The Replacements. Fantastic band, a lot to offer to the music world, and a place in rock history despite a huge mainstream following of one "major hit." While I agreed with the people going against Husker Du in their match-up, XFear is spot on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back