Stone Roses vs Tears for Fears

• Stone Roses

• Tears for Fears

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

1st Round 80's Match

Stone Roses vs Tears for Fears

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

My god, this is easily the hardest damn vote I've had to make so far in this entire tournament. Two of my all time favorite bands, and two bands who made such a huge mark on the music industry that it's hard to compare them fairly. Granted that other Americans besides myself will probably have zero fucking clue as to who the Stone Roses are, but you Brits are sure to know. These guys were around for only a very short period of time, produced two albums of killer material, and then faded away. But while they were around, there wasn't a better live show on the face of the planet. The Stone Roses' concerts were Britain's answer to a Grateful Dead concert--- psychedelic drugs everywhere, trippy and fantastic music, and nothing but good vibrations put out by people who just wanted to have a great experience.

Tears For Fears on the other hand, have always struck a chord with me. Whether it was hearing "Shout" as a child, or when I heard the opening notes of "Head Over Heels", I can't be sure, but their first three albums are all absolute classics of any genre that should be in any serious music collector's collection.

I ended up going with the Stone Roses in the end. Their debut album remains one of the all time greatest albums ever. Of any genre. I mean that from my heart. Songs like "I Wanna Be Adored", "Waterfall", and "She Bangs the Drums" are all classics that I could listen to over and over again without tiring.

So, I'm going to leave everyone with two songs by each artist that are my personal favorites of theirs. Give em a try if you haven't already. Anyone who enjoys British rock will love it. Especially you Oasis fans.

The Stone Roses - Waterfall
[youtube]dQUxCQxu9og[/youtube]

The Stone Roses - She Bangs the Drums
[youtube]DT6K_nTJy00[/youtube]

--------------------------------------------------------
I chose to use the actual scene from the movie Donnie Darko for this song here, as the song just fits so perfectly with the visuals that it creates this insane emotional response in your heart. It truly does, it makes you yearn for a lost lover you never had. If that makes any sense.

Tears For Fears - Head Over Heels
[youtube]VWJPa0bvWnM[/youtube]

Tears For Fears - Suffer the Children
[youtube]8C47KpadwtI[/youtube]

The above song is a very personal one to me, and I've yet to hear a better song or better album (The Hurting) that describes the mental abuse put on children by their parents sometimes. "Just talk to him, he's dependent on you" is simply the perfect line to describe it.

So vote wisely people. These are two amazing bands that each deserve your consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back