Husker Du vs Eddie Money

• Husker Du

• Eddie Money

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 80's Match

Husker Du vs Eddie Money

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

Damnit, once again I am sorely disappointed in our posters. Eddie Money is beating Husker Du right now? Seriously? Are you kidding me? Does anyone even remember who Eddie Money is? I know I sure don't.

Husker Du were one of the first bands and one of the true originators of the genre of alternative rock, a genre that is now the most popular rock genre by far. They took the sounds of hardcore punk that they grew with, and decided to go against the grain of your regular elitist LA punk of the time, and incorporate pop and melody into their songs. They crafted a few of the best albums in alternative rock's history in that span, from Zen Arcade to New Day Rising and finally Flip Your Wig, all of which are classics. Any fan of alternative rock could throw them on for a spin and love what they're hearing.

Eddie Money on the other hand is a purely 80s artist known for a couple of random and usually atrocious hits of the generic Huey Lewis and the News variety.

Please vote Husker Du here people. Do yourself a favor right now and give them a chance.

Here's a couple of songs. Nevermind the random Spanish political images in the backround of the video below, just listen to the music.

Husker Du - Never Talking to You Again
[youtube]CObL0AR7uRI[/youtube]

Husker Du - Something I Learned Today
[youtube]BpcDj5tLnqA[/youtube]

Husker Du - Chartered Trips
[youtube]mxXeRnd36cI[/youtube]

Please check these guys out people, and compare there legacy and work to that of Eddie Money's. Then vote.

Eddie Money on the other hand is a purely 80s artist known for a couple of random and usually atrocious hits of the generic Huey Lewis and the News variety.

<IC25 cleans the blood off his shirt from his newly acquired GUNSHOT WOUND>

Oh no, really? You had to take a shot at the golden vocals of Huey Lewis and the News?

Listen man, I consider myself an Eddie Money fan, and unlike most of the points you've made about bands like The Smiths, I just can't stand next to you here. I wasn't thrilled with Husker Du, so I backed Eddie Money for the fun factor of "Two Tickets to Paradise" and "Take Me Home Tonight." Even "Baby Hold On To Me" and his cover of "You Really Got a Hold On Me" were fair, though the latter was an atrocisty because of the act he had to follow - nobody should have done it after The Miracles. Not even the Beatles.

But if you're gonna move this into the anti-Huey Lewis arena, which is an arena I happily play ball, than I am going to roll up my corporate sleeves and go Vader on your ass!

Oh yeah? Bring it on! It's true IC25: Bon Jovi & especially Huey Lewis & the News are just terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible. Absolutely terrible. Influential maybe, but just godawful.

If it's a fight you want, it's a fight yer gonna get. Save it for Huey's match up (I'm assuming he's in this of course?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back