80's Region - Growing Pains vs The Dukes Of Hazzard

Discussion in 'Sitcoms Tournament (2009)' started by Cena's Little Helper, Dec 17, 2009.

?

Growing Pains vs The Dukes Of Hazzard

1. Growing Pains

2. Dukes Of Hazzard

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cena's Little Helper

Cena's Little Helper Mid-Card Championship Winner

80's Region – Growing Pains vs The Dukes Of Hazzard

[​IMG]

VS

[​IMG]

Note: Although The Dukes Of Hazzard began in 1979, we have included it in the 80's region.

2. It's...Baylariat!

It's...Baylariat! Team Finnley Baylor

Dukes of Hazzard sucks. I've watched it too much and it's too stereotypical to be worth a damn to me. Now, Growing Pains isn't much better to me. It's a Family Ties ABC ripoff in my eyes. And poorly done. I did watch it a lot growing up, because it was on the same day as Perfect Strangers and Full House. But the show's better than Dukes of Hazzard.

Show me that smile again... SHOW ME THAT SMIIILE!

3. X

X RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM

I went with the Dukes, simply because it's the lesser of two evils here. Both of these shows were total shit, especially Growing Pains. Seriously, any show in which a main character of the show is named "Boner" is just fucking stupid. Absolute garbage.

Dukes got my vote simply for Daisy. That and the General Lee was pretty badass.

4. jmt225

jmt225 Global Moderator

Dukes Of Hazzard... terrible show, with an even worse movie that was released a few years ago. Seriously, the show sucked ass, and I never got its appeal, even though I actually wanted to like it since I had family members who loved it..

Growing Pains... not a huge fan of it, either, but at least I could tolerate to sit through an episode. Can't say the same for Dukes of Hazzard. Plus, Growing Pains had one of the greatest actors to ever live for a little while in Leonardo DiCaprio, so that alone raises its value up HUGE.

5. NSL

NSL Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh

Dukes Of Hazzard has my vote...I used to watch this with my dad all the time, and before I could understand just how hot Daisy really was, I loved the show for the General Lee. Roscoe and Boss Hogg were both great, and it was always fun to watch, even if it was at a point where it wasn't supposed to be funny.

6. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

I love the Seavers. Don't know why Growing Pains is getting shit on so much, I loved watching it and it's one of my mom's favorite shows. Dukes of Hazzard is pretty stupid and the Daisy Dukes aren't as appealing as what the girls wear today. Car chases are alwasy cool, but other than that, it didn't do anything for me.

7. TSG

TSG Too Sweet To Be Sour

I have watched both shows. Growing Pains is decent, I could sit down, watch an episode, and have a couple laughs when I needed to. But how can you vote against the Dukes here. It is just classic TV. It is awesome. By far one of the best shows from back in this time period. I loved sitting down and watching re-runs of their adventures all the time. Too bad all I have now are VHS tapes and currently (and probably ever again) no working VCR. Great show, it gets my vote.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.