80's Region - Charles in Charge vs Cheers

Discussion in 'Sitcoms Tournament (2009)' started by Cena's Little Helper, Dec 17, 2009.

?

Charles in Charge vs Cheers

1. Charles in Charge

2. Cheers

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cena's Little Helper

Cena's Little Helper Mid-Card Championship Winner

80's Region – Charles in Charge vs Cheers

[​IMG]

VS

[​IMG]

2. It's...Baylariat!

It's...Baylariat! Team Finnley Baylor

Anyone here votes Charles in Charge... well, I want a legit answer as to why. Cheers is right up there with Family Ties. Matter of fact, I would think this show could surpass Family Ties. Cheers is an all around classic show. Great cast, great writing, and great acting. Nothing better. And it's ending was the best ending to a sitcom I've ever seen. The 'Full Circle' ending was made standard with this show. That's when you end a show where it began with the same characters. Seinfeld ended that way. But this show deserves to go real far in the tourney.

3. NSL

NSL Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh

Charles In Charge...Of Our Lives...

Oh, sorry...Caught me singing. I loved that theme. Too bad the show sucked.

Cheers was/is a fucking classic, and remains one of the best shows on TV, even with only 1 or 2 re-runs a month. The cast may be the best ever, and who hasn't been depressed at some point, and wondered aloud to themselves, "I need a bar...A friendly bar...A bar where everybody knows my name..."

4. jmt225

jmt225 Global Moderator

Sorry, but Cheers is such an overrated piece of shit. The only good thing about the show was Woody Harrelson, but everything else was simply ******ed drivel. Ted Danson is not fucking funny. Never has been, never will be. And then you have people like Kirstie Alley and Kelsey Grammer as co-stars... sorry, I just find none of these people funny, and it couldn't be a worst cast in my mind.

Now, Charles in Charge... can't say I'm a huge fan, but honestly... I did dig the show. Before school, I would watch Saved by the Bell every morning on TBS while waking up and getting ready. Well, when I stayed in Houston with a few of family members during what was Spring break for me, my cousin before he would get ready for school would also watch TBS, but instead of Saved by the Bell, it was Charles in Charge. That's when I really first watched the show, and I would watch it every morning there while eating breakfast. I remember just thinking, "Wow, look at Chachi all grown up." And I just found the show fun.

It's not a great show by any means, but the fact remains... I could sit through a Charles in Charge episode way before I could that overrated piece of trash Cheers, which is why Charles gets my vote.

Mr. TM likes this.
  5. X

X RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM

Cheers easily gets my vote here because of the great cast. Sorry JMT, but you shall NOT diss my main man Ted Danson, I highly recommend you check out the current show he's on on HBO with Jason Schwartzman called "Bored to Death" which he is absolutely hilarious on. Ted Danson ROCKS, he's just had a career based off of mostly terrible film and TV work. Cheers was not one of those terrible TV shows though, and you throw in Woody Harrelson and NORM? Yeah, gets my vote.

NOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a Boston boy, did you really expect me to vote against Cheers?

TristanCross likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.