Motley Crue vs Bruce Springsteen

• Motley Crue

• Bruce Springsteen

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

3rd Round 80's Region Match

#5 Motley Crue vs #37 Bruce Springsteen

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun! PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR THE BAND YOU INTEND TO VOTE FOR! MOVING FORWARD, IF YOU CLICK THE WRONG BAND, YOUR VOTE WILL HAVE TO STAND!

Man this is close. Too close.

People, I admit I let my personal disdain for "The Boss" affect his seeding, but in no way is that over rated mumbler set to go over rock and glam legends like Motley Crue. Springsteen sounds whacked up on Valium for half his songs. It's like Jim Ross sings the blues. I get it, Bruce - working class hero, bullshit bullshit bullshit. If I EVER need a New Jerseyan to wave the Middle Class flag, I'll go see Bon Jovi. In the meantime, the Boss can kiss my ass.

Crue made the 80's Power Ballad famous (much to the Chagrin of Twisted Sister's Dee Snyder) with Home Sweet Home, remade Brownsville Station's "Smokin in the Boys Room" and made it an even cooler high school rebel album, and has countless hits from now 3 decades.

Vote Crue, people. Becky's and my wedding song is "If I Die Tomorrow." Check it out:

[youtube]bg2knMSq9sQ[/youtube]

Springsteen sounds whacked up on Valium for half his songs. It's like Jim Ross sings the blues. I get it, Bruce - working class hero, bullshit bullshit bullshit. If I EVER need a New Jerseyan to wave the Middle Class flag, I'll go see Bon Jovi. In the meantime, the Boss can kiss my ass.

Well said. Another point worth making is that Springsteen has no chance in hell at making a career return... Not even a decade ago could he pull off a respectable return. Crue, on the other hand, just had that respectable single, "If I Die Tomorrow" getting a ton of airplay, and that was not that long ago.

Motley Crue should win this. They were one of the biggest bands of the 80's. While Springsteen has some ok stuff, he could never make a comeback ike everyone above has said. Didn't Motley Crue just come out with a new album? I think if they did it's called Saints of Los Angeles. Could someone please tell me.

I went with Bruce Springsteen, for the simple fact that Motley Crue isn't unique. At all. They were just one of a hundred cheesy hair bands during the 80s. Don't get me wrong, I am not hating on the Crue...I listened to them alongside Poison, Bon Jovi, Ratt, Quiet Riot, Cinderella and Stryper (yes, Stryper) But, lets be honest...without Motley Crue, who would have noticed? Bruce Springsteen has been successful for far longer. While the Crue could only sing about sex, drugs, and rock and roll, Springsteen sang about real issues. Unemployment, war veterans, a whole host of songs about reality, not glam. The Boss also has 18 Grammys, compared to Motley Crue's 0.

Sorry, Motley Crue is just fluff...Bruce Springsteen is real.

The Boss seems to be making a habit of toppling IC's seeding system here. I'd have voted springsteen on this one as I did in the previous if I'd actually been on long enough to do so in the last few days.
Upset win for Bruce...who's next?

The Boss seems to be making a habit of toppling IC's seeding system here. I'd have voted springsteen on this one as I did in the previous if I'd actually been on long enough to do so in the last few days.
Upset win for Bruce...who's next?

Queensryche.

I hate Springsteen. He's an overrated hack. I hope Queensryche scrapes him off the bottom of their shoes.

some might say the same for motley crue it would seem. lol. Well, CCR vs Van Morrison is were the real battle begins between us. More importantly, can people not justify their votes on here. I try to with every vote because I vote with who i feel deserves it. Come on people...discuss music!

Might be too late, but I clicked Springsteen over Motley Crew..... :(

Either way, i dont see eithe rof them making it past the next round..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back