Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
80's Region – Newhart vs Diff’rent Strokes

newhart0.jpg

VS

211058~Diff-rent-Strokes-Posters.jpg

Note: Although Diff'rent Strokes began in 1978, we have included it in the 80's region.

This is the Newhart I remembered. A great show with a great cast and of course, Bob Newhart was comedic gold. And Darrell and his other brother Darrell were funny, too. This show is a darkhorse for me and I'd like to see it go far. But it has a tough draw with Diff'rnt Strokes.

I went with Diff'rent Strokes. It was a funny show while it was on, and it's still quoted and remembered to this day. Newhart wasn't exactly bad, but it wasn't on the same level as Gary Coleman and Dana Plato...

Going with Newhart here. It was something I always used to love watching on TV with my dad. Made me feel more grown up and such. I liked the humor of it as I grew up, and matured more over time. The humor, which was in no way directed at sexual issues, was great and refreshing. The series' quality never declined over time; it merely just got better and better. Bob Newhart is the perfect straight man, he and his wife are regular folk surrounded by an eclectic cast of characters. And any time you have something like that, you're getting my vote.

Diff'rent Strokes? Good, but can't hold a candle to this. At all

Diff'rent Strokes? Good, but can't hold a candle to this. At all

Unlike 90% of the crap in here diff'rent strokes amde me laugh and still does. It seems this tournament is missing the com part of sitcom. Diff'rent strokes gets the vote because it's funnier.

Anything involving Bob Newhart will probably get my vote, and this is no different here. Diff'rent Strokes is one of those shows that's supposed to be a classic, but in actuality sucked balls from the start. Although I will admit the child molestation episode was some of the funniest television ever. Plus they had that hilarious Nancy Reagan episode. Terrible show though. Newhart easily gets my vote here.

Diffrent Storkes for shizzle. It had Gary Coleman as a cute child before he became a creeping adult, who doens't love that? Todd Bridges was also on Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Wrestling, and he was pretty cool.

Plus, the show was better than Newhart, which I've only seen once or twice, and it's been rather boring each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back