• XII

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizzy

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Pokemon_red_box.jpg

250px-Final_Fantasy_XII_Box_Art.jpg

Pretty clear cut to me, to be honest. FF XII, while being my third favourite FF (VIII, X, XII, VII, VI, as my top five), it doesn't hold a candle to the craze that began with Pokemon Red & Blue. The formula of catching em' all, training them, and battling them that started with Pokemon Red & Blue is still selling like crazy whenever a new game is released, and this is fifteen years later.

Unlike most nostalgic games in this polls, I wouldn't ever play them over their counterpart in the poll which I vote against, because I realize that time has passed a lot of these games by (I would play DR over Tetris for example), but for Pokemon Red, that game is still a fucking addictive blast to play. FF XII's combat was it's saving grace, for it's story and characters were bland - it doesn't warrant winning this.

Pokemon Red/blue/yellow have my vote here in what will probably be an easy win for it. FF12 doesn't even touch it in terms of gameplay quality, music, or fun. Nostalgia would have been enough for me to pick the original Pokemon over one of my least favorite FF titles because of countless happy memories to be relived, however Red/blue/yellow were such amazing games that have stood the test of time so well and their impact cannot be ignored. FF12 on the other hand does not have much to offer other than its graphics or an attempt at trying a different type of battle system and this comes from an FF fanboy.

Red, Blue and Yellow should take this with ease. I'm a huge Final Fantasy, and Square Enix fan and I loved XII. I felt it was a fun game with fantastic graphics, a decent story, a awesome leveling system, and a great battle system. Unfortunately, it doesn't hold a candle to the games that started a franchise that has become a household name. The first three Pokemon games were perfection. What was lacking in Blue and Red was made better in Yellow. I love XII, but Pokemon should blaze through it here.

Red Blue & Yellow

The first 3 and my favorite in the entire Pokemon series. I like FF XII but it basically going up against a phenomenon here. I have great childhood memories attached to Pokemon Blue(The one I actually owned) and yellow was a pain in the ass due to the fact you start out with a Pikachu which does nothing against Brock's Rock type Pokemon so you need to level up another Pokemon enough to beat him. Just thinking about this brings a smile to my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back