• Sonic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizzy

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Pokemon_red_box.jpg

Sonic_CD_256px.jpg

Sega's time making CD games. The kinda thing most gamers want to forget. I borrowed a Sega CD off a friend, lending him my SNES in return, for a few weeks. Suffice to say, I got the worse end of the deal. Sonic CD is okay. Not as good as the original sonic trilogy, and not as bad as some of the Sonic-based crap Sega churns out these days. It was decent enough.

Pokemon Blue and Red, however, defines the childhood of millions, mine included. The amount of time spent battling and trading. Playing outside with our Gameboy link cables rather than staying inside. I have nothing but good memories of Pokemon. I still remember my unbeatable team... Man, Gyarados was such a badass....

Ahem, anyway, yes. Pokemon all the way.

Sonic CD is alright. I enjoyed it for a few days then stopped playing and went back to Sonic 2. It was good enough to make it this far, but it hits a brick wall in the original Pokemon games. RBY is better than CD in every plausible way. It started one of the most recognizable franchises in the history of gaming, and is still an incredibly fun game to play. RBY wins here with ease.

An easy win for Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. The handheld classic should easily take this round and it has my vote because it was a great game that launched one of the most successful gaming franchises ever, whereas Sonic CD was right around where Sonic's downward slope began. I didn't like that game. Pokemon on the other hand holds countless fond memories for me whether that be of being the first at my school to collect all 150 without cheating, killing everyone with Jenova my level 100 Mewtwo, laughing at fake rumors of how to catch Mew, listening to the good catchy soundtrack, and trading pokemon with friends. Such an easy choice, Pokemon for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back