Bob Seger vs Iggy Pop and the Stooges

• Bob Seger

• Iggy Pop and the Stooges

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

1st Round 70's Region Match

Bob Seger vs Iggy Pop and the Stooges

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

COME ON PEOPLE! IGGY IS ONLY LOSING 8-7 RIGHT NOW!

Iggy Pop was Johnny Rotten before there was a Johnny Rotten. He was everything that your parents warned you about and more. He'd smear peanut butter on his body, cut his chest with broken glass just to shock people out of their coke-induced 70s disco haze and to start feeling again.

Is this just taking into account Iggy's work with the Stooges? If so, he still beats the eternally overrated Bob Seger by bounds and leaps. Bob Seger has a few great songs, mainly "Night Moves", but he's also got some absolutely terrible songs that have gotten far too much airplay, such as "Old Time Rock & Roll" or "Like a Rock". Rather bland and mediocre IMO.

Iggy and the Stooges were punk before punk even existed. They played faster, more aggresively, and with more determination and attitude then any other guitar gods of the 70s. Raw Power, true to it's name, remains one of the most fierce and straight up "Fuck You" albums ever created.

Just listen to the music, and decide for yourself: Generic Bob Seger, or Revolutionary Iggy Pop?

Iggy Pop & the Stooges - Search and Destroy
[youtube]TKYALsp-sIg[/youtube]

Iggy Pop & the Stooges - Gimme Danger
[youtube]P9_hegaKOaY[/youtube]

I can't believe it's tied. I voted Iggy. He's one of the most interesting frontmen of all time, and I think his revolutionary music speaks volumes for influencing current hard rock music. Bob Seger is a decent performer, no doubt about it, but Iggy is so much more influencial in hard rock music.

Reactions: X
I voted for Bob Seger and I will stand by that choice. Seger has had a terrific career, and as great a rock anthem as "Old Time Rock and Roll" is, it's far from his best work. And I despise the song "Like a Rock."

No, I am talking about a song like Against the Wind, about kids growing up and voercoming challenges, feeling invincible and pushing back against every force that tried to slow their progress.

I am talking about a song like "Hollywood Nights," with that deep almost old school disco-esque bass line and Segers fantasticly bluesy voice belting out lyrics, and laying the ground work for bands like Blues Traveler and Sister Hazel to come up.

And of course, the anthem about the difficulties of being a young musician on the road with "Turn the Page," which was covered EXTREMELY WELL by 1980's #1 seed Metallica.

How can you vote against a legend like Bob Seger, with his history of both great solo work and his work with The Silver Bullet Band?

Hollywood Nights

Night Moves

Turn the Page

Old Time Rock and Roll

Against the Wind

You'll Accomp'ny Me

Wreck This Heart

All noteworthy Bob Seger songs that show his level of consistency. Bob Seger is one of the most solid and consistent songwriters there is, and he's still going...in fact, Wreck This Heart is a great song that was released only recently. And not only does he write well, he performs his songs well (unlike Dylan, who, though undoubtedly an excellent songwriter, had a voice that was somewhat lacking).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back