7 Super Mario World -v - Star Fox 64 122

?

• SMW

• StarFox

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
250px-Super_Mario_World_Coverart.png

One game brought us Yoshi, the other brought us rumble. Both are two of the better games on their consoles which in turn are full of gems...who wins? You decide! (NB Europeans Star Fox 64 is Lylat Wars)

250px-StarFox64_N64_Game_Box.jpg

Super Mario World brings a smile to my face if I even hear its name. Many of my earlier happy gaming memories came from it. Star Fox 64 was really fun, but it has not stood the test of time as well as Super Mario World has. I'll vote for Mario World because it brought a generation together for an experience they will never forget, and can still to this day have such a great time reliving.

Super Mario World had one huge advantage and one huge drawback. The advantage was you get Yoshi, a sweet dinosaur that jumped high and ate stuff with a frog like tongue. The disadvantage was that you couldn't stomp on goombas, and little things like that just didn't make it feel like a Mario game anymore.

Star Fox, on the other hand, was just all around awesome. The final boss was a little too difficult for my likings, but it's forgivable. It makes up for it with absolutely phenomenal dog fighting in space ships, the like of which would not be replicated for a long time. It was a very unique game that involved space travel, flying your craft through difficult terrain, and then engaging your enemies in combat.

Star Fox is the better game, I definitely vote Star Fox.

Both these games are too stellar. But I have to go with SMW. Star Fox is yet another awesome singles game with spectacular multi-player, but SMW was by far much longer. You could get by Star Fox is one day if you were good enough, but with SMW it's a long drawn out process. The fun lasted longer with SMW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back