500th Impact — Last One on the Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Boss

'The Boss' Of Pro Wrestling
This weeks Impact Wrestling from Cincinnati, Ohio will not only be the 500th episode of Impact, but it will also be the last regularly taped episodes on the road. When I first learned that the 500th episode was coming up I was expecting something big like maybe a HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN title win. But now that they lost HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN and are about to move into a new permanent (and tiny) venue and will look smaller than ever do you think that it would be better to ignore the 500th episode and just be the also ran (fart sound) promotion that they apparently want to be?

Hogan isn't a significant draw anymore. Having him win the title wouldn't do anything for the company's ratings or reputation in a positive manner. Having a broken down old man win your title doesn't say anything good about the rest of your roster.

As for the smaller arena... it may actually be a good thing. It's certainly cheaper than touring/taping. Part of what made ECW successful for a time was thier tiny little arena. It had an absolutely rabid fanbase that cared about the product unlike any fanbase before (or after) it. They managed to make 500 sound like 5000 and it played very well on TV.

What they should do, because I'm from Cincinnati, is let me win all of the titles at once like Kurt Angle did that one time. But no seriously part of me says they should ignore it because if you hadn't posted this I would have no idea it was the 500th episode so it's already pretty much ignored. The other part, however is saying they should do something huge because you only get your first 500 episodes once in a show's lifetime idk what that could be though maybe have a surprise debut or a surprise return but I don't think they have anything planned.

Triple H will appear on TNA via Satellite. Say hello to your new COO. LMAO.

Anyway. it wouldn't surprise me much if they just mention it a few times. Nothing much. I mean, what could they really do to celebrate it and if they weren't promoting it before, i doubt they'd do it at the last second.

This weeks Impact Wrestling from Cincinnati, Ohio will not only be the 500th episode of Impact, but it will also be the last regularly taped episodes on the road. When I first learned that the 500th episode was coming up I was expecting something big like maybe a HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN title win. But now that they lost HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN and are about to move into a new permanent (and tiny) venue and will look smaller than ever do you think that it would be better to ignore the 500th episode and just be the also ran (fart sound) promotion that they apparently want to be?

When was the last time Hulk Hogan was even called Hollywood?
What does the new tiny venue have to do with the 500th episode?

Also, correct me if I am wrong, the 500 episode of Impact Wrestling but NOT the 500 episode on Spike TV? It may not feel special since they were on other places like FSN for several of those episodes.
Sounds more like you were being facetious with this question instead of being genuine.

To the OP the 500th eppy will be on Feb 5th, 2014 not in Cincy, OH so your stuff should be correct before ya post.

When was the last time Hulk Hogan was even called Hollywood?
That would be in TNA the week after he and Sting were captured by the Aces & Rights. HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN came back sporting a beard and helped Sting fight off Aces & Rights with baseball bats and Sting referred to him as "HOLLYWOOD". It will forever be a part of him. When you're nWo, you're nWo 4-Life!
What does the new tiny venue have to do with the 500th episode?
Because the 500th episode should be a time of celebration and a time when the show gets bigger. But the very next tapping are going to look smaller and more pathetic than ever. So I was thinking that maybe they should just ignore this milestone in hopes that it doesn't augment the huge backdrop TNA is about to undertake.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, the 500 episode of Impact Wrestling but NOT the 500 episode on Spike TV?
Correct.
It may not feel special since they were on other places like FSN for several of those episodes.
Sounds more like you were being facetious with this question instead of being genuine.
Not at all. Just like WWE included the episodes they were on USA Network and TNN/Spike TV when celebrating their 1000th episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back