49 Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door -v - Punch-Out!! (NES) 80

Discussion in 'Hyrule Region' started by Lee, Jun 2, 2011.

?

?

1. Paper Mario

2. Punch Out

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

[​IMG]

Two great fun games by Nintendo, one had Mike tyson and the other had Bowser. Who wins?

[​IMG]

2. Wade's Public Transit Bomb

Wade's Public Transit Bomb Championship Contender

Paper F'N Mario and the Thousand Year Door

Paper Mario is the most underrated RPG. Sure, it isn't complex nor is it broody and depressing to look at. However, there is a lot of strategy in this game, there are some legitimately funny moments, and each member of your party is actually useful at one point or another.

Lee and Arkham Noir like this.
  3. Arkham Noir

Arkham Noir With black birds following me

Two great games here, but I'm going to go With Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

Mario RPGs are damn great, and TTYD is my favourite. For the record, all the Paper Mario games are great, but TTYD is the stand out for me. There is a dialogue in these games that is absolutely non-existent in other Mario games, and while it isn't exactly Family Guy funny, it is still very funny and brings a level of charm that is very much welcome. Combine that with the classic RPG style of battling that I fell in love with in Pokemon Silver and it all adds up to one phenomenal game that I can not speak highly enough.

Vote for Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

4. TheKingHustla

TheKingHustla The Man Who Saw R-Truth Beat Cena!

These two were both awesome, but I'll have to go with Paper Mario. It gave me hours and hours of fun, and I actually beat it, unlike Punch Out, who gave me more hours of losing than anything.

5. Serious Mozzarella

Serious Mozzarella Special Victims Unit

Punch-Out has the issue of, while being a classic, still being worse than it's successor. Super Punch-Out was an all-around better game. Paper Mario TYD, on the other hand, is debatably one of the best Mario titles, which is really, REALLY saying something compared to that absolute monster of a franchise.

PMTYD goes way over.

6. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20
    Staff Member Super Moderator

Paper Mario takes my vote here because of being better, more fun to play, and just an all around better gaming experience. Punch Out was fun.... but not as fun as Paper Mario. The fun gameplay, great music, enjoyable quests, and hilarious humor of Paper Mario are more than enough to defeat the nostalgia of Punch Out. Also, Bonetail could defeat Tyson.

7. Thom

Thom Hello there!

No knock on Punch-Out at all, because for what it was, it's pretty good. The last I remember playing it was as one of the games on Animal Crossing for the Gamecube, and I definitely enjoyed that. The only thing here is, it's nowhere near as good as TTYD. That's one of the best games I've ever played and definitely something I'd like to see get the the end of this tournament. I'm sure everyone on here appreciates Mario becoming the Great Gonzales too, that whole chapter against Rawk Hawk was absolutely incredible.

8. X

X RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM

I hate Punchout. Not because it's badly made, or a poor game, or I think it's overrated or anything like that, but because no game frustrated me so much as a child then fucking Punch Out. This game would lead to many a kid, like myself, throwing their controllers across the room in anger after losing to Mike Tyson for the 400th time. So fuck that god damn game, I'm voting for Paper Mario. I'm not sure I've never even played Paper Mario (I know, hang me at the gallows for voting here without having played one of the games) but it's getting my vote out of sheer spite for Mike Tyson's face.

Fuck you Punch Out!

9. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

Thousand year door wins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.