48.7's thread of taughty, narrow minded ignorance

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Keep your "unnatural" comment to yourself 48. I think there's something unnatural about basing your life around a fictional book written thousands of years before you were born full of magical fairytales that's been edited by so many kings that it barely resembles it's original form.

See, we can all find something to hate on eachother about, let's not go down that route my fellow TWBB battle buddy. We must kill our opponents, not eachother!

I've never heard of those studies, so that's news to me. I'm legitimately curious.

nah man, that shit is real. My girlie buddies in college showed them to me.

and anyway, when you look at a hot girl, you dont CHOOSE to be attracted to her, do you? Same thing.

Keep your "unnatural" comment to yourself 48. I think there's something unnatural about basing your life around a fictional book written thousands of years before you were born full of magical fairytales that's been edited by so many kings that it barely resembles it's original form.

See, we can all find something to hate on eachother about, let's not go down that route my fellow TWBB battle buddy. We must kill our opponents, not eachother!

See, I think its funny that most people knowing im a man of strong faith makes me intolerant of bi's or gays. inversely, it actually makes me far more tolerant than most everyday people.

I dont see my god simply casting people aside when HE is the one that gives them their fuckin chromosomes in the first place. be serious.

It's hard for me, believing fully in God creating everything and everyone, to believe that He would create a homosexual gene, when it clearly states in His word that a man shall not lay with another man.

Yeah, 'cause the Bible is a direct translation from God right? What do you think God was Tweeting the ten commandments down to us or something?

The Bible isn't the word of God, it's the word of man and man's interpretation of God.

If God didn't want homosexuality...well then it wouldn't exist, would it 48?

It's hard for me, believing fully in God creating everything and everyone, to believe that He would create a homosexual gene, when it clearly states in His word that a man shall not lay with another man.

1. you can interperate that line however you want. it could mean nay number of metaphroical things

2. Jesus would not promote hatred, or exclusion in his word, his true word

3. they edited that part in, becuas epeople were fucking sheep and things, and they wanted to streamline shit. you DO know the bible was written by MEN, and that its been revised thousands of times right?

1. you can interperate that line however you want. it could mean nay number of metaphroical things

2. Jesus would not promote hatred, or exclusion in his word, his true word

3. they edited that part in, becuas epeople were fucking sheep and things, and they wanted to streamline shit. you DO know the bible was written by MEN, and that its been revised thousands of times right?

1. I don't see how 'a man shall not lay with another man' doesn't mean to not have sex with dudes. I'll grab my Bible in a few and find some passages where it talks about people doing wicked things, such as sleeping with the same gender.

2. I don't hate homosexuals or bisexuals. I have never, ever said that.

3. How would you know that they edited it in? And yes, I do know it was written by men who were guided in what they were writing by God's Holy Spirit. As for revision, the message has remained the same. It has been translated, more than revised. Besides, you can still go back to the ancient Greek and Hebrew and they have not found anything that contradicts itself.

You have to take the bible with a grain of salt.

It's been translated into/from hundreds of different languages by men who more than likely added or took out a few things and didn't stay true to the literal translation

1. I don't see how 'a man shall not lay with another man' doesn't mean to not have sex with dudes. I'll grab my Bible in a few and find some passages where it talks about people doing wicked things, such as sleeping with the same gender.

2. I don't hate homosexuals or bisexuals. I have never, ever said that.

3. How would you know that they edited it in? And yes, I do know it was written by men who were guided in what they were writing by God's Holy Spirit. As for revision, the message has remained the same. It has been translated, more than revised. Besides, you can still go back to the ancient Greek and Hebrew and they have not found anything that contradicts itself.

1. I dont see the word "sex" or "love" anyplace in there actually. your narrow minded veiws have led you to that interpretation.

3. How would you know they didnt? and it says during the time of the writings is when they were having issues with that sort of thing and false idols and things. it was the hip new way to follow, so they edited things to look the way they wanted it in parts. of this I am absolutely sure. No man is worthy to take on such a claim as "this is the true and only word of God"....really think about that for a bit....

lol, yeah just so we're clear I didn't start this thread 48, Norcal did.

Damnit I really need sleep but this is just the kind of tantalizing debate that I live to dive into.

FYI, saying that being gay or bi or whatever is unnatural is just as offensive as saying you hate gays/bis/whatever. Just in case you didn't realize that.

Flames Out
Dragon

1. I dont see the word "sex" or "love" anyplace in there actually. your narrow minded veiws have led you to that interpretation.

3. How would you know they didnt? and it says during the time of the writings is when they were having issues with that sort of thing and false idols and things. it was the hip new way to follow, so they edited things to look the way they wanted it in parts. of this I am absolutely sure. No man is worthy to take on such a claim as "this is the true and only word of God"....really think about that for a bit....

I'm a little disappointed that you think I'm being narrow-minded, but I'm not going to apologize for my faith.

1. Lev.18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

Lev.20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

1 Cor.6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.

3. I believe differently. I won't look down on you or insult you for what you believe and I'd expect the same from you.

FYI, saying that being gay or bi or whatever is unnatural is just as offensive as saying you hate gays/bis/whatever. Just in case you didn't realize that.

Flames Out
Dragon

Omg in Eastenders the guy said being gay was aganst God's will, then kissed the gay man! I was so shocked! Where are all the English people to understand??

I'm a little disappointed that you think I'm being narrow-minded, but I'm not going to apologize for my faith.
No ones asking you to apologize for your faith
1. Lev.18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

Lev.20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

1 Cor.6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.
Read my ealier post about taking the bible with a grain of salt

3. I believe differently. I won't look down on you or insult you for what you believe and I'd expect the same from you.

er, right there, seems to me that it says its about the sam thing. in all of those verses, it compares them as if they were the same.

"nor the effeninate" ??? fucking SERIOUSLY? you think the ever kind, loving, forgiving, benevolent Jesus our Lord REALLY is going to cast fucking "the effeminate" into hell? you REALLY think he said that?

er, right there, seems to me that it says its about the sam thing. in all of those verses, it compares them as if they were the same.

"nor the effeninate" ??? fucking SERIOUSLY? you think the ever kind, loving, forgiving, benevolent Jesus our Lord REALLY is going to cast fucking "the effeminate" into hell? you REALLY think he said that?

It compares adultery and sleeping with the same sex, both as sins.

Let me look that verse up in my Bible.

But I do not take the Bible with a grain of salt. As I said earlier, you can take the current, most up-dated version of the Bible and set it down beside the ancient Hebrew Bible and there is no difference, save for the wording of things. The message is the same.

YOU DONT KNOW THE MESSAGE!!! YOU ARENT GOD!!!

NO ONE "knows" he message. its all open to interpreatation man.

My Bible says in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, "Don't you know that those who do wrong will have no share in the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, who are idol worshipers, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals, thieves, greedy people, drunkards, and swindlers---none of these will have a share in the Kingdom of God."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back