32 WWE Smackdown Here Comes the Pain -v - Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 97

?

• wwe

• star wars

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
250px-WWESmackDownHereComesThePain.jpg

Brock v Jedi. Both simple on the surface. Both great when you get deep. Just like YOUR MOM!

Sorry

256px-Star-wars-rogue-squadron.jpg

Tough one here, but I had to go for Rogue Squadron, it's a game I still play today with thorough enjoyment. Yes, it did get succeeded in terms of graphics and battles with its sequel, but the game took the X-Wing Fighter series to another level. X-Wing prior to this was simply a cross hair game, Rogue Squadron took it to the next level by giving the game a more thorough feel, you had a story going on between Episodes IV and V of the films. You some great unlockables and not to mention that the game continues to push yourself by trying to get the Gold Achievements using accuracy, timing, kills and saves.

While I do enjoy HCTP as a wrestling game, it certainly was one of the best to come out, once you've mastered it, there isn't much more to push you further after original completion. Where this game excels for multiplayer experience, Rogue Squadron does trump it in pushing you to become a superb pilot, HCTP doesn't offer much unless your friend is better and you're determined to outdo him. Nothing against the gameplay or story mode, its just that Rogue Squadron has more playability available after initial completion, both still great games though.

I actually really loved HCTP. Every Saturday morning I wouldrace over to my friends house to update my CAW with whatever crazy shit I could come up with. While I'm not entirely sure if it was the first game to do so, it was certainly the first game I'd ever played with the persistent injury interface, which added a whole bunch of psychology into your matches. Also, you could play in the elimination chamber. God that was sickening.

As for Rogue Squadron, I think I hired it out once and didnt like it. Never really into Star Wars/ Its a terrible lame excuse, but it didn't grab me, so I can't possibly vote for it over a cornerstone of my childhood.

Rogue Squadron is the only thing I've ever purchased over Amazon. The fact there was no ROM for it drove to that point. The game is about as enjoyable as Star Fox 64 could be. Smackdown was great, but it wasn't exactly something we hadn't seen before. We saw it every year. This one just really grasped a story. Rogue Squadron was something different back then and came with the Expasion Pak. Boosting game graphics on the N64 to awesome new heights during the console's twilight.Great visuals, fun gameplay, noted name value and on. The game is all sorts of great.

It has to be Smackdown. That is probably the SD game I spent most hours on, and I have played each and every one for hundreds of hours.

I thought roster was awesome, with the addition of the legends and wrestlers such as Goldberg, Lesnar, Nash as well as the usual superstars (HHH, Taker, Cena etc) and personal favourites like Ultimo Dragon, Sean O'Haire, Rhyno, RVD and Lance Storm. It was definitely one of the strongest rosters any WWE game has ever seen.

The first blood matches and elimination chamber made their debut in this incarnation of the franchise, leading the so many great matches between me and my friends, and the CAW mode was the best yet.

I also loved the little features on the game, like when playing as RVD and you did a running attack while holding a chair, he would perform the Van Daminator, and that you could drag people around while riding Undertakers motorbike. Little things like that make the game so much more enjoyable.

There is not much I can criticise this game, I thought it was pretty much flawless at the time, and when I think back now it was a pretty awesome game for the time. Great graphics too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back