• Grand Theft Auto IV

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizzy

Mid-Card Championship Winner
250px-ZeldaMMbox.jpg

GTAIV_Logo.jpg

I hated Majora's Mask. Worst Zelda game by far. GTA were always great stress relief for me. So who wins in a choice between a game that makes me angry or a game that helps me take out said anger on NPC's? Majora's Mask had the ANNOYING issue of erasing the events every time you had to reset time. When I complete a task, I'd like the dang thing to STAY COMPLETED. Grand Theft Auto 4 is the better game here, thus it has my vote. Anytime I was in a bad mood I could count on GTA because it was fun to relieve stress by crashing cars and causing trouble for the NPC's. Majora's Mask is a game I enjoy little to nothing about. Therefore, I hope GTA wins.

Also.... Majora's Mask introduced us to the absolute most worthless abomination to ever show up in a video game:

Tingle.png

Do you really want to vote for the game that gave us THAT guy? I'm just saying. Think before you vote.

Majora's Mask had the ANNOYING issue of erasing the events every time you had to reset time.

1. Time travel. That's how it works.
2. Events did stay completed. When you completed temples, they were completed. Everything else takes minutes of your time, if that.

It seems to me that you're basing your vote on your own profound misunderstanding of a game you hate based on mechanics you inaccurately described.

I enjoyed Majora's Mask more than Ocarina of Time to be honest. Both were great, but I think GTA:IV didn't do enough to warrant my vote. Both awesome games though.

First off (Dagger) Tingle is my boy.

Second off (is that how it goes?) GTA IV is incredibly overrated. The graphics are great and the city is beautifully designed and amazing to explore. But when it comes down to the story, missions, and gameplay; it's the same thing we've seen in every GTA game since GTA 3 without the over the top fun that's to be expected in the king of Open World Games. There is nothing new or unique about the game. And I'll use a tactic a lot of people seem to be using against other games; San Andreas/Vice City/Saint's Row 2 were far better and funner games than GTA 4. They actually brought new things to the open world genre and the GTA series. While GTA 4 just took a basic story, the same tired gameplay mechanics, driving mechanics, and clunky movements and plopped it in a very nice looking set.

Majora's Mask on the other hand; is one of the most unique games ever created. It has a large, detailed, and deep story. Smooth game play that doesn't get stale because with each temple and place you explored another mask was discovered and more ways to complete your tasks opened up. The three day time limit and time travel aspect added another layer of challenge and strategy. Will I have enough time to complete this event if do this one? Or should I just focus all my time on this event instead. There was so much to do in the game and once you completed something, another challenge opened up when you defeated a temple boss and went back to the first day.

It did the exact opposite of what GTA4 did. GTA 4 took the same gameplay and everything I mentioned before and just made it look better. Majora's Mask took everything Ocarina of Time brought to the table and made it better by making it more unique, making it more difficult, and adding on to the already great and smooth battles and fights, by introducing new weapons and different methods of accomplishing your goals. All wrapped in on of the strangest (in a good way) game stories I've ever come across.

Tingle_by_SugaSuga42.gif

Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game of all time.

First off, it was a bold experiment in storytelling. The three day cycle was innovative and interesting, as it really showed that things happen all the time without us even knowing. It's really amazing, the amount of sidequests and NPCs there are, and how one event can really lead to another. In just one example of how changing one event can change history, to get one of the special masks you had to rescue the woman who owns the bomb shop from a thief. However, if you stop the thief, he won't reveal the location of his hideout and that will prevent you from doing another quest. However, it's not like the other quest is lost forever, because you can just go back to the Dawn of the First Day and do something different.

Second, the game has incredible atmosphere. In the world of Termina, everything is just a little off. From the bell tolling to the occasional earthquake due to the moon coming slowly closer and closer, the game oozes character. There are little touches that make the game so worth playing and paying attention to. It is also a lot darker than Ocarina of Time, with frank talks of death and the constant sense of impending doom that pervades the game and every NPC in it.

Third, the puzzles and dungeons are downright brilliant. there are only four dungeons, fewer than any other Zelda game I believe, but they are massive. The Great Bay Temple makes the Water Temple jealous - and I mean this in the most hair-pullingly awesome way. The Stone Tower is one of the greatest Zelda dungeons of all time, as voted by pretty much everyone who's voted on such a poll. The puzzles, the twisting and turning, and the excellent music makes it one of the most memorable places in a Zelda game.

Fourth, there is just so much to do! Seriously, the amount of sidequests to do, the amount of people to help, and the places to explore alone put it as a game that will last you hours upon hours, but when you factor in the main story and dungeons you have one of the longest games on the N64. There's no wonder it needed the Expansion Pack to fit it all in!

Finally, I want to rebut a few points made by Dagger.

I hated Majora's Mask. Worst Zelda game by far.
I'm assuming you've never heard of The Faces of Evil or The Wand of Gamelon, two mediocre-at-best Zelda games for the CDI with abominable cutscenes and voice acting. As long as they exist, there is no way any other Zelda game can be considered the worst.

Majora's Mask had the ANNOYING issue of erasing the events every time you had to reset time. When I complete a task, I'd like the dang thing to STAY COMPLETED.
Well, of course! You see, Dagger, when you go back in time, things you've done don't stay done. That'd be silly. Besides, the only things reversed are your sidequests, as you get to keep any masks or heart containers received via sidequests, and any dungeon you have completed stays completed in that all doors are unlocked and you still have the remains of the bosses that you have defeated (which are necessary to access the final dungeon and fight the final boss). You don't lose masks. you don't have to complete a dungeon again. You don't have to get a heart container you already got. you don't have to re-upgrade your sword. The only thing changed is the status of the NPCs.

It's a really simple concept with brilliant execution.

Also.... Majora's Mask introduced us to the absolute most worthless abomination to ever show up in a video game:
Tingle.png
Do you really want to vote for the game that gave us THAT guy? I'm just saying. Think before you vote.
And I'm saying, why let such a minor part of a game make you vote for something completely different? Tingle has about five minutes of screentime in Majora's Mask and it's all optional. You shoot down his balloon, buy a map, and then you leave. What's wrong with him, anyway? Why the hate? I happen to think he's funny!

In conclusion, Majora's Mask did everything right. It gave us innovation. It gave us puzzles. It gave us atmosphere, story, music, and brilliant level design. But most of all, it improved on Ocarina of Time. Instead of trying to best its famous predecessor, Majora's Mask took the series in a radical but familiar direction with new gameplay mechanics out the wazoo. It is hands down my favorite Zelda game ever and for good reason: In a series full of brilliant video games, Majora's Mask hit all the right notes and it did while pulling off something new.

Majora's Mask hands down.

I've always been a fan of the Zelda series so my fan boy glasses are firmly in place for this decision let's get that out of the way right now.

GTA is a good series and IV is one of the best. It has a bunch to offer but MM is just better. I've personally played a few GTA games (including IV) and they've all been almost identical. Fun without a doubt and a lot of replay value but just not to fun after a while. MM on the other hand while it may not have the replay value due to the fact you can't go and do what ever you want like in GTA but I can and have played that game for hours without getting bored which I can not say for any of the GTA games I've played.

2 Great Games but MM wins this by a mile.

I'm probably the biggest GTA hater on the forums. The gameplay is so redundant and the only entertaining part is running people over or gunning them down. That gets boring after an hour or so. The stories suck, the graphics are alright, and the missions are quite redundant. Add to the fact that Majora's Mask is one of my favorite Zelda games, and it is quite easy for me to decide. Majora's Mask was incredibly innovative to the point where it was a risk to make. It could have passed with flying colors, or failed miserably. Lucky for us it passed and gave us one of the best gaming experiences of all time. There is not one negative thing I can think of about this game, so it easily gets my vote over another overrated GTA game.

-gta, i like the free driving concept but thats about all i liked about it.
-LOZMM, great game, though i never finished it cause i got stuck at the beginning of the 4rth temple (ikana valley), good graphics considering it was for the n-64, good plot (though the plot is unfinished as they never say who link was looking for), great gameplay, good dungeons and bosses.
-my vote goes to LOZMM.

Reactions: Lee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo