31 Manias in 31 Days: Rewriting Wrestlemania XXXI

LODemolition

Championship Contender
WM31Poster.png

We've finally made it to the 31st and final installment of my "Rewriting WrestleMania" series, where I will show what changes I would have made to yesterday's WrestleMania 31 from Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, CA. Overall, I felt this was a very good show, but any good show can always be made better. The main event was WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar defending against Royal Rumble winner and Shield standout Roman Reigns. The crowd of nearly 77,000 had a reception to him that was lukewarm to say the least, and I noticed a fan even shove Reigns in the head on his walk down the steps through the crowd. Another extended a middle finger right in front of his face. Another marquee match was the long awaited in-ring debut of Sting, 14 years after the demise of WCW, as he took on the man in charge Triple H. After The Undertaker suffered his first Mania loss at WM30 and was the subject of retirement rumors, he returned to the grandest stage of all to take on Bray Wyatt. Here are the results from yesterday's 31st inaugural WrestleMania.

March 29, 2015
Levi's Stadium (Santa Clara, CA)

1. (Pre-Show) Tag Team Championship Fatal 4-Way:

Cesaro & Tyson Kidd (c) w/ Natalya def. The Usos w/ Naomi, Los Matadores w/ El Torito, and The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Big E) w/ Xavier Woods

2. (Pre-Show) Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal:

Big Show won by last eliminating Damien Mizdow

Other participants included: Curtis Axel, Adam Rose, Fandango, Alex Riley, Zack Ryder, Bo Dallas, Hideo Itami, Diego, Fernando, Sin Cara, Tyson Kidd, Mark Henry, Konnor, Viktor, Darren Young, Heath Slater, Titus O'Neil, Jack Swagger, Big E, Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston, Erick Rowan, Goldust, Kane, Jimmy Uso, Cesaro, Ryback, and The Miz

3. Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match:

Daniel Bryan def. Bad News Barrett (c), Dean Ambrose, Stardust, Dolph Ziggler, R-Truth, and Luke Harper to become new champion

4. Randy Orton def. Seth Rollins w/ J&J Security (Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble)

5. No Disqualification Match:

Triple H def. Sting

6. Divas Tag Team Match:

AJ Lee and Paige def. The Bella Twins (Nikki and Brie Bella)

7. United States Championship:

John Cena def. Rusev (c) w/ Lana to become new champion

8. The Undertaker def. Bray Wyatt

9. WWE World Heavyweight Championship:

Seth Rollins cashed in his Money in the Bank contract to make it a Triple Threat Match and def. Brock Lesnar (c) w/ Paul Heyman and Roman Reigns to become new champion

*Rewriting WrestleMania XXXI*

1. (Pre-Show) Damien Sandow def. The Miz

In my opinon, Sandow should have quit weeks ago and should have had his own match w/ The Miz in the pre-show. I didn't see the need for another Andre battle royal. It was nice for the 30th WrestleMania, but it doesn't need to be a yearly tradition. Sandow gets the win, maybe with the stipulation that The Miz has to be HIS assistant for 30 days.

2. (Pre-Show) Tag Team Championship: Luke Harper & Erick Rowan (c) w/ Kane def. The Usos w/ Naomi

For the 2nd straight year, the tag team titles were on the line in the pre-show and in a fatal 4-way. Too many teams, especially the likes of Los Matadores, that don't belong in the title picture. Since I would have never split The Wyatt Family up and I believe Rowan and Harper deserved the titles at some point when they were together, I'd bring them into Mania as champs. Now you're probably saying, "But Jimmy Uso was hurt." Well I'd handle that exactly how they did last night, and keep him outside of the ring after a cheapshot before the bell from Wyatt Family member Kane, leaving Jey to fend for himself. Harper and Rowan dominate Jey, though he puts up a great fight, and retain after a vicious clothesline.

3. Career Match: Cody Rhodes def. Goldust (with Dusty Rhodes as special guest referee)

Boy did they ever blow this angle after it got off to a great start. I would have had Cody drop the Stardust gimmick for sure and go back to being himself after the tag team split up. It wasn't an awful gimmick, it reminded me of The Riddler, but I liked Cody best during the days when he feuded with Mysterio. This match should have never happened at Fast Lane. It should have been held off til the opening match of WM31 with the loser (Goldust) having to call it quits after a long great career. Who better than his own brother to be his final opponent. Goldust gets a standing ovation from the crowd after Cody hits the Cross Rhodes and Dusty reluctantly counts to 3.

4. Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match: Cesaro def. Bad News Barrett (c), Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus, Ryback, and Tyson Kidd w/ Natalya

I was entertained the last couple months with all the IC Title contenders stealing the belt from Barrett and playing keep away. I would have changed some of the participants up. I have other plans for Bryan, Ambrose, and Cody. I feel like R-Truth didn't belong in the match at all, since he's not IC Championship material. I'd throw in Ryback and a heel Sheamus, and though I like Kidd and Cesaro as a team, I think WWE has really blown it with them as singles competitors and they both deserve to be in the IC Title hunt. I had Kidd as the challenger for the IC Title at WM30, and I'd have Cesaro walk out the new champion this year.

5. United States Championship: John Cena def. Rusev (c) w/ Lana

Wouldn't change a thing about this. Rusev had a great entrance by the way. The match didn't drag on too long and the way it ended gives Rusev an excuse and every reason to believe it could have been a fluke. Cena was the right guy to give him his first loss though.

6. Triple Threat Match: Seth Rollins w/ J&J Security def. Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose

I have a feeling this will be the title match next year, but I wouldn't have waited. Reigns did not belong in the main event yet and though I really liked Rollins' match with Orton (that might have been the best RKO I've ever seen), I like this match even better. All 3 members of The Shield in a triple threat with Seth Rollins getting the best of his former partners.

7. Bray Wyatt w/ The Wyatt Family (Kane, Harper, and Rowan) def. Randy Orton

These 2 are a natural fit for a feud in the near future. In my WM30 rewrite, Bray Wyatt ended the Undertaker's streak instead of Brock Lesnar. I would have had Randy Orton split from The Authority sooner and challenge Lesnar for the WWE Championship at Royal Rumble (instead of Cena yet again and Rollins who already had the briefcase). Orton would have made for a very believable threat to end Lesnar's dominant streak in recent months. Just when Orton hits the RKO, the lights go out. When they come back on, Bray Wyatt has Orton in position for Sister Abigail. Wyatt hits his finishing move and Orton wins by DQ. From then on, it's nothing but mind games between Wyatt and his family (Rowan, Harper, and Kane in my version) and the lone Orton. I nearly went with Sting vs. Wyatt instead, but I really think this could have been a match that would steal the show. And Orton vs Rollins to me would have been better suited for SummerSlam, probably even for the WWE World Title.

8. Mixed Tag Match: The Rock & Ronda Rousey def. Triple H & Stephanie McMahon

I know The Rock probably wasn't willing to wrestle at Mania after getting injured the last time he stepped in the ring, but we'll pretend that WWE can pay him as much or more than his movie roles do. So in my version, the promo we saw last night happened on Raw a month ago. Then the contract signing on Raw 2 weeks ago. I've always wanted to see The Rock and Triple H go one more time, preferrably at Mania. I actually thought it had a chance of happening during a segment on Smackdown a few months back, when The Rock and Hunter were talking trash back and forth. But with Stephanie basically becoming the female version of her father Vince in recent years, a lot of fans want to see her get what's coming to her. And with The Rock having a friendship with UFC fighter and all-around badass Ronda Rousey, we could see Rock and Triple H go at it one more time, but with a different spin involving the ladies. Everyone would like to see the WWE's ultimate power couple get humiliated on the grandest stage of all. How about Triple H tapping out to a girl for a moment he could never live down? His match with Sting wasn't too bad, and it was kind of cool to see Hogan put on the NWO shirt again...but what a gigantic lack of logic having the NWO help Sting, who was their arch nemesis in the late 90's. Also, why did Triple H have to win? I mean if you're going to bring Sting into WWE after 14 long years, shouldn't he win his first match at least? Especially when he's likely only going to wrestle 2-3 matches, one of them very possibly being against The Undertaker. You would think they'd want him to have momentum going into that matchup. Speaking of...

9. The Undertaker def. Sting

So in my WrestleMania XXX, Bray Wyatt defeats Taker and ends the streak. We don't see or hear from Taker for months and are left to wonder whether or not his career is over. Sting debuts at Survivor Series, just like he did in reality, but he shows up to WWE for a different purpose altogether other than going after The Authority. He comes to WWE to pursuade Taker to show up. Sting says he's always needed to know who was better, and he needs to face Taker just one time before his career ends - and he knows deep down that the feeling is mutual for Taker. He shows up at Royal Rumble, calling out Undertaker again. Finally at Fast Lane, in Sting's last effort, Taker shows up and meets Sting face to face and agrees to a match. I really feel like the timing was right for Taker vs Sting debuting in WWE this past November. Maybe it happens next year and it'll be both men's last match, maybe not. But they're not getting any younger.

10. Divas Championship: Charlotte def. Paige (c)

I'm very surprised Charlotte hasn't been brought up to the main roster yet. I would've had Paige win at Fast Lane and had Charlotte debut the next night, if not sooner. These might be the best 2 female wrestlers WWE has to offer, and I'd have much rather seen this than the tag match we got last night. I'd have Charlotte win the Divas Title in her first major match, just like Paige did last year against AJ.

11. WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Brock Lesnar (c) w/ Paul Heyman def. Daniel Bryan

I think this was the best possible main event they could have booked. The ultimate David vs Goliath match for the championship. Daniel Bryan wins the Royal Rumble in back to back years and says this year, he's winning it for Connor Michalek. Lesnar dominates the match just like he with did against Cena at SummerSlam and the majority of the match last night. I thought they way they booked the finish last night was pretty smart, and I'd have ended it the same way.

Seth Rollins cashes in his Money in the Bank contract to make it a Triple Threat Match and def. Brock Lesnar (c) w/ Paul Heyman and Daniel Bryan to become new champion.

And that's my WrestleMania 31.

Feel free to comment and/or post your rewritten WM31.

Thanks to everyone who participated the last month in this series of threads on "Rewriting WrestleMania." It was a blast.

Again, in my version of reality, the World Championships were never unified, and The Streak was never broken.

Pre-show - The APA def. The Ascension:

People really wanted to see JBL and Ron Simmons kick the crap out of these guys two months ago, but instead WWE foolishly put The Ascension over The New Age Outlaws instead. So have The APA squash them in a brief kickoff match.

Pre-show - Goldust wins the Andrè the Giant Memorial Battle Royal:

I had The Big Show win the first ATGMBR in my version of WrestleMania 30, so give Goldust the win this time, so he finally gets a moment to shine on (the pre-show of) the biggest stage in the business.

1 - Cesaro & Tyson Kidd def. The Usos to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship:

There was no reason for the other teams to be involved, and no reason for this to be on the pre-show. Cesaro & Kidd still retain, but in a longer and more important match.

2 - The Miz def. Damien Sandow:

I would have had these two split during the Royal Rumble, and have Sandow defeat The Miz at Fast Lane, before Miz wins a return match at WrestleMania. The feud concludes the following month at Extreme Rules with Miz coming out on top.

3 - Nikki Bella (w/Brie Bella) def. Paige (w/AJ Lee) to retain the Divas Championship:

For the second year in a row, Nikki Bella continues to be a dominant force in the Divas division and retains against a tough opponent.

4 - Triple H def. Sting:

No changes. I LOVED this match.

5 - Jack Swagger (w/Zeb Colter) def. Rusev (w/Lana) to win the United States Championship:

Jack Swagger should have been the guy to beat Rusev at SummerSlam, when he was insanely over and arguably the #2 babyface in the company. Since that didn't happen, I would have Swagger win a Battle Royal at Fast Lane to earn a rematch against Rusev at WrestleMania, where Swagger makes Rusev tap to the Patriot Lock and wins the US title.

6 - Seth Rollins def. Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose in a Triple Threat Match to retain the MITB briefcase:

None of these guys are ready to be headliners in my opinion. Put them in the Triple Threat that the fans wanted to see, and Rollins keeps his briefcase for a while longer.

7 - John Cena def. Bray Wyatt:

Wyatt never fought Cena in my version of WM30, and the Wyatts never broke up. Cena wins when Harper and Rowan's interference backfires, leading to the breakup of the Wyatts.

8 - Christian def. Bad News Barrett to win the Intercontinental Championship:

Christian finally gets his huge one-on-one match at WrestleMania and wins the IC title for the fifth time.

9 - The Undertaker def. Randy Orton:

Randy Orton makes a second attempt at ending The Streak, ten years after his first. Orton comes even closer than before, but once again fails.

10 - Dolph Ziggler def. The Big Show to win the World Heavyweight Championship:

The Big Show wins the World title at Survivor Series and vows to be the most dominant champion in history. Ziggler promises to take the title from him, and Big Show puts his career on the line as well. Ziggler wins the title, finally getting his WrestleMania Moment, and Big Show retires the following night on RAW.

11 - Daniel Bryan def. Brock Lesnar to win the WWE Championship:

Lesnar still wins the title from Cena at SummerSlam, but Daniel Bryan wins the Royal Rumble, and goes on to make Lesnar submit at WrestleMania to win the title.

For the most part I'm going to do my take on what was already booked, but do have some of my in here

Pre-show (free)
Andre memorial battle royal
Same final three, but Miz and Mizdow take out Show
Miz order Mizdow to elimenate himself. Mizdow willingly climbs over the top, and starts walking down the steps. Miz starts to celebrate, then Mizdow turns, runs in, grabs Miz from behind, and throws him out

Winner- Damian Sandow

Pre-Show. (Network)

Miz vs Sandow gets made for mania

Tag Team Turmoil Tag Title
J&J Security (Surprise last entry) win over ( Entry order):
Usos
Los Matedores
Prime Time Players
New Day (Kofi/Xavier)
Bo Dallas/Tyler Breeze
Lucha Dragons
Hitami/Balor
Swinging Cats. (Champs)

Jimmy Uso gets taken out before the bell.
Against all odds, Jey makes it to the end, and thinks he won.
J&J come out and hit him with The Snap Shot for the win

WRESTLEMANIA

1. Intercontinental Title Fatal 4 Way
Daniel Bryan wins, pinning Ziggler after a Knee Plus.
Match also includes Dean Ambrose (Champ) and Seth Rollins

Seth takes out Dean with the Blackout, looks like he'll win, but this is where Orton makes his return. Randy takes out Seth with a RKO on a chair through an announce table
New champ D-Bry

2. Damian Sandow defeats The Miz

3. Divas tag match
Paige/AJ vs The Bellas goes to no contest when Brie gets her months awaited revenge, turning on Nikki ( after about 5 mins)

Stephanie McMahon comes out and orders the match restart as a Fatal 4 Way Divas title match

The ref doesn't see Paige tapping to the Black Widdow because he's counting Nikki down after a Bella Buster

New Divas Champ Brie Bella

4. Impromptu Tag Title Match

J&J Security challenges any team to a title match
Out come the Assension
J&J start freaking out, and try to get out of it
Assension annialates J&J in about 30 seconds

New Tag Champs The Assension

5. Intercontinental Title #1 Contenders Match
Bray Wyatt defeats Wade Barrett
I'd have Wade turn face at around Rumble

6. US Title match
Rusev (champ) beats John Cena

Ref goes down
Sheamus return. Everyone thinks he's going for revenge on Rusev for taking his title, but lays out Cena with a brogue kick .
Rusev hits Cena with his running super kick. Sheamus hits Cena with the Irish Curse, high cross, and white noise, and leaves ring
Ref comes to
Cena passes out to the Accolade again

Still champ, Rusev

Sheamus and Rusev continue to beat down Cena, but Ryback makes the save.
Ryback puts Rusev through an announce table with Shell Shock
Cena puts Sheamus though one with the AA

(This would set up Rusev dropping the belt to Ryback at Extreme Rules)

7. NO DQ
Sting beats HHH

Everything stays the same, except the outcome

8. WWE World Heavyweight Title Match
Roman Reigns beats Brock Lesnar ( champ)

Lesnar turns face and Roman turns heel
Heyman turns on Lesnar, helping Roman win

New champ Roman Reigns

Post match Brock hit Heyman with an F5, and Roman with 3 F5s

9 MITB CASH IN
Seth Rollins beats Roman Reigns (champ )

Seth runs out with the case
(Remember when Ambrose said he would ALWAYS be there to thwort a Seth Cash in?)
Just as Seth is about to pass the case to the ref, Ambrose runs out and grabs it.
Ambrose then turns and hits Roman with it. Dean then hits Roman with Dirty Deeds on the case
Dean turns, and hands Seth the case
Seth hands it to the ref, hit the blackout, 1-2-3

New champ Seth Rollins (this turns him face)

I had no Undertaker match because in RW-WM29 I had him have his last match, losing to CM Punk)

Ladder Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose defeated Bad News Barrett (c), Damien Mizdow, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz and Sheamus
Okay, so no Daniel Bryan, I know, but I feel as if, despite him being able to elevate the championship because of his name, the booking is what can elevate the title, so I am going in that direction. Only six guys, with no Luke Harper or Stardust either. Instead, I included The Miz and Damien Mizdow. I would rather have seen them on the main card, and the same split could play out, just here instead where Mizdow prevents Miz from winning. Ambrose wins here as I think he is so over that people would care if he were champion. A feud with Ziggler I can imagine would be very good, and both guys are over. The inclusion of Sheamus is also valuable to the match, as I would have him return as a surprise entrant at the event, as a face, and then turn the heel the next night against a top babyface. I would also have liked more time to this match. Cut the crap (music performances for instance to allow this).

Singles Match
Randy Orton defeated Seth Rollins
There is very little I would change here, other than giving it a couple extra minutes. These two I feel worked really well together, and the feud has been great to watch. I would have preferred J&J Security to be banned from ringside and just have these two go at it. Orton gets the win for purposes later established in the main event.

Career vs Career Match
Cody Rhodes defeated Goldust
WWE really dropped the ball here on a fantastic storyline. We had already seen Stardust and Goldust go at it, so I would have had Goldust force the old Cody back and have Cody majorly turn on Goldust. Brother v Brother storylines are usually quite compelling and this could have been a huge hit. I would have Dusty appear a couple of times to really reinforce the emotion of the whole thing. Cody gets the win and retires Goldust, who can finally have his moment in the sun.

Singles Match for the WWE United States Championship
John Cena defeated Rusev (c) (with Lana)
Whether you like it or not, this result made sense. It is beneficial to Rusev who no longer has this undefeated streak over his head, and the United States Championship has become relevant once more in this feud. Not much I would change here, although I would preferred a different ending. Cena needed to do something huge to put down the monster, maybe an Attitude Adjustment from the top rope or something? A big spot was needed to put Rusev down. Another suggestion would have been to put Rusev in the STF and have him lose by knockout, like Cena did at Fast Lane. That would have been great.

Singles Match
Bray Wyatt (with Erick Rowan and Luke Harper) defeated Daniel Bryan
Okay, so this may seem really random, but just wait. The mini-feud we saw between the Wyatt Family and Daniel Bryan last year should have happened, just at a different time and on a big scale. The Wyatt Family never broke up in my rewritten universe, and I had Wyatt break the streak at WrestleMania XXX. What better way to follow it up than with one of the most over guys on the roster? They try to convert Bryan when he returns in December or January, screw him in the Royal Rumble, and the have this match where Wyatt wins. This feud would continue, maybe turning Bryan into a member of the Wyatt Family before the huge payoff down the line.

Mixed Tag Team Match
The Rock and Ronda Rousey defeated Stephanie McMahon and Triple H
I have forever and a day wanted to see Ronda Rousey in the WWE. The segment on Sunday kinda sucked for me, they took way too long, but, I really enjoyed what they were going for and this could really be successful. I would have this entire promo six weeks before, setting up the match. I would state at the contract signing that the guys can also fight the gals, so we get to see a hilarious Rock v Steph moment AND Ronda take on The Game. Also, getting to see The Rock and Triple H lock horns once more would be electrifying to say the least. The Rock and Ronda Rousey go over here, as does pretty much any other celebrity.

Singles Match
The Undertaker defeated Sting
Okay, so at WrestleMania XXX, I rewrote that Bray Wyatt ended the streak. 21-1. This is why this match happens here. It is the dream match, the biggest one still around that has yet to happen. Sure, the Cowboys Stadium would host a much larger audience for this, but that aside, this should happen year, the year after the Streak ends. No feud with Triple H, and the Wyatt feud with Taker already happened the year before. The Undertaker goes over and retires at 22-1. Whether Sting retires is another thing, but this may be the best way to go out for him.

Triple Threat Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Seth Rollins defeated Brock Lesnar (c) (with Paul Heyman) and Roman Reigns
This is exactly how I envisioned it, and it turned out beautifully. The build was very lackluster, so that would need a major switch up, and I think this match could have worked so much more because of a better build. Having said that, the match was booked as it should have been, and I would change nothing here. Reigns worked very well, and I had no issues him being in this position. Seth Rollins cashes in at the end and walks out the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. This means that Lesnar, Reigns and Randy Orton (after his win earlier) now have valid claims to his title.

I went into this Wrestlemania expecting disappointment, but WWE put together a really good show. There are a few things I would change to make it even better though.

The first change would be in the Tag Team Championship match. I would change it to The Ascension VS Los Matadores VS Tyson & Cesaro VS The Usos in a Fatal Fourway Elimination Tornado match tag team match for the Tag Team Championship. This would have been so much better. I detest the nonsense of someone tagging in someone from another team. That would never happen on any show I book. Ever. The champions would win by last eliminating The Ascension to help set up a match for the two teams at Extreme Rules. Los Matadores and The Usos would both get eliminated early into the match, so the focus can be on the champions and The Ascension. Tyson & Cesaro retain the Tag Team Championship.

The next change would be taking place in the Andre Battle Royal, which would still be on the pre-show. This stays the same other than the ending. Miz and Mizdow team up to eliminate Big Show so that he does NOT get his 100% useless win. Then THAT is when Sandow turns on Miz by refusing to eliminate himself when Miz orders him to, Sandow wins and gets his moment. Mizdow would win an Intercontinental Championship title shot from this so that he gets more than just a pointless trophy. Any of the wrestlers who lost the match can show up to destroy the stupid trophy on Raw the following night. It doesn't matter who does it, as long as someone does. Swagger destroying Cesaro's trophy last year was far more memorable than the match itself.

Then we have the divas match. This would see significant changes. Nikki Bella would NEVER have won the Divas Championship in my WWE. AJ would have retained against her back in November, moving on to Natalya after that. After the AJ VS Natalya feud ends by Fast Lane, Paige re-enters the title scene. We get a Triple Threat. Paige VS AJ VS Natalya for the Divas Championship. AJ retains and her next opponent would have been Charlotte, who I would have debuted the following night on Raw.

That's it for the big changes. There are some other changes I'd consider making such as having Cena do a bigger entrance like he used to a few years ago. If they were trying to let more time go by to let it get darker for Taker VS Bray, this would have taken up some more time. Cena's entrances have been underwhelming and this match with Rusev was a good chance to change that. I'm also tempted to change the result of Trips VS Sting, but I'll leave that alone for now. Part of me really wanted Bray Wyatt to defeat Undertaker although I will leave that alone for the moment as well. If Taker's able to still work Wrestlemania each year then he did need to re-establish himself after the awful Lesnar match. The quality of his match with Bray shows that Taker might not be done after all. Streak or no Streak, I'm still a Taker fan so I'm up for more matches despite the victories over Taker at Wrestlemania being much less of a big deal now. Really great show even though I liked 30 better overall. Seth's cash-in at the end was the perfect ending.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship- Brock Lesnar (c) vs Daniel Bryan

This should've been the main event. Rollins cashes in at the end by pinning Bryan.

United States Championship- Rusev (c) vs Roman Reigns

Good spot for Reigns here being the first guy to pin Rusev.

Grudge Match- John Cena vs Triple H

This match would've made more sense considering the context of the Authority storyline during the year.

Sting vs Bray Wyatt

In my world Taker is done after losing to Brock at WM 30. Bray goes over Sting but after the match Wyatt beats down Sting which leads to Taker making an appearance and afterwards Sting and Taker havie a moment in the ring.

IC Championship Ladder Match- Wade Barrett (c) vs Dean Ambrose vs Ryback vs Dolph Ziggler vs Luke Harper vs Sheamus

I'd keep the ladder match I'd just change the participants and Ambrose wins the title.

Goldust vs Stardust

This deserved to get a proper blowoff at WM.

I'd also have the tag title match on the main show. Everything else I'd keep the same.

1. Kick-Off: Iron Man: Dolph Ziggler defeats Cody Rhodes

I've always enjoyed the idea of an Iron Man match on the Pre-Show, and while these two aren't necessarily the best guys for the job, they're still great and would probably put on a 5-star match if given the chance. Cesaro, Bryan, Rollins and other technicians are busy so I had to give it to these guys. I'd have Cody win the World title early in the year and then drop it to Dolph who drops it to Big Show when Cody interferes. This causes a long grudge feud that culminates here with Dolph getting the big win.

2. United States Championship: Rusev defeats Chris Jericho (c)

I didn't have Jericho on the WM30 card, but I'd have him here. I'd actually have Rusev drop the title to Jericho at Fast Lane in some sort of multi-man match in order for Jericho to have momentum before giving Rusev the rub at Mania. This match is partially because Jericho is great at putting guys over and partially because the US title is the only one Jericho is missing in his collection.

3. Sami Zayn wins the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

I'd pull out all the stops to give Sami the big main roster debut. He's a small guy and not too bulky so they run the risk of him getting Heath Slatered if he doesn't get treated like a big deal. I'd have him win this match by last eliminating Ryback in a huge upset and then join the main roster while Owens is Champion, setting up a main roster feud for Owens' debut later in the year.

4. WWE Tag Team Championship: The New Day defeats, The Usos, Swagger and Henry (c), and Tyson Kidd and Curtis Axel

I didn't have a 4-way tag at WM30 so the idea would still be original here. I'd have Henry and Swagger form a patriot tag team after dealing with Rusev's b.s. last year, and then they'd enter here as champions and drop the titles to The New Day who will turn heel right after this.

5. World Heavyweight Championship: Cesaro defeats The Big Show (c)

So I had Cesaro beat Jericho at WM29 and win the Andre Battle Royal at WM30. I had Bryan leave WM30 with the World title and planned for Cody to cash in MitB at Payback. However, when they strip Bryan of the title, I'd just have Cody cash in on the vacant title and go onto have a heel run before dropping it to Ziggler who in turn drops it to Big Show. Cesaro would win a #1 Contender's tournament at Fast Lane and go on to face Show at Mania where we finally pull the trigger on Cesaro's push.

6. John Cena defeats Sting

Sting comes back, teams with Cena at Fast Lane and then challenges him to a match at WM31 to give him the chance to compete on the main stage. Cena refuses, saying he doesn't want to break him and Sting then rants on how bland and boring Cena is. The feud is set up with Cena getting the win and shaking his hand post-match.

7. Brock Lesnar defeats Randy Orton

I had Randy win the IC title off of Ziggler at WM30 and then drop it to Rollins after he turns face in the fall. I'd have both Brock and Randy enter the Rumble, and Randy shockingly eliminates Brock before getting eliminated himself by Ambrose. Orton would then feud with Rollins for Fast Lane, and loses the match due to Lesnar interference. Brock is upset that Randy cost him the Rumble win. Brock would go over here, setting up some momentum to win the title this year instead.

8. The Undertaker defeats Bray Wyatt

I had Taker beating Brock and Bray beating Kane at WM30. That naturally sets this up. Taker would pin Bray and the streak will be kept alive, because WWE would be stupid to ever end the streak.

9. Daniel Bryan defeats Triple H (If Bryan wins, the Authority is over)

I have Bryan beating Batista for the World title at WM30 and Punk beating Triple H in the main event. The Authority isn't over though and they're still a thorn on everyone's side until this Mania when Bryan finally settles an almost 2-year-long grudge feud and has The Authority kicked out of WWE. The Board elects Paul Heyman as the next COO and that's when Brock takes over on the road to WM32.

10. WWE Championship: Roman Reigns (c) defeats Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose

I'd have CM Punk be WWE Champion heading out of WM30 and have him drop the title to Bray Wyatt, who'll have a solid run for the summer and fall, until he drops it to Roman Reigns at Survivor Series. Ambrose then wins the Rumble and Seth cashes in his Money in the Bank briefcase to make this a 3-way. Roman retains and depending on crowd reaction, he'll either turn heel post-match or feud with Ambrose who will turn heel due to Roman costing him his chance at glory.

[If I could have an extra match, it would be Sandow vs. Miz, but if not, I'd just keep them in the battle royal and do the blow-off way before at the Rumble and Fast Lane with Sandow entering Mania as a heavy favorite to win the Andre Battle Royal]

WrestleMania XXXI (31) (2015)

Pre-Show

WWE Tag Team Championships (Tag Team Turmoil)- Cesaro & Kidd (c) w/Natalya vs The Usos vs The Ascension vs The New Day vs The Lucha Dragons vs Los Matadores- Winners: Still WWE Tag Team Champions Cesaro & Kidd

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal- Winner: Big Show (*Match result stays the same but with Big Show last eliminating Ryback to win the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal)

Main Show

1- WWE Intercontinental Championship (Ladder Match)- Bad News Barrett (c) vs Ambrose vs Ziggler vs Harper vs Stardust vs Kofi Kingston- Winner: New WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose

2- (Grudge Match)- The Miz vs Damien Mizdow- Winner: Damien Mizdow

3- WWE Divas Championship- Fatal 4-Way- Nikki Bella (c) vs Brie Bella vs Paige vs Natalya- Winner: Still WWE Divas Champion Nikki Bella

4- (Grudge Match)- I Quit Match- Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins- Winner: Randy Orton

5- (No Holds Barred Match)- Sting vs Triple H- Winner: Sting

6- The Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt (Casket Match)- Winner: The Undertaker

7- WWE United States Championship (Triple Threat Match)- Rusev w/Lana vs Roman Reigns vs John Cena- Winner: New WWE United States Champion Roman Reigns

8- Main Event- The Beast vs The Beard- Daniel Bryan (2015 Royal Rumble Match Winner) vs Brock Lesnar (c) w/Paul Heyman- Winner: Still WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar

9- Cash-in- Seth Rollins vs Daniel Bryan vs Brock Lesnar (c)- Winner: New WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back