• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

3 tag teams you wanted to see more of.

MoizH28

Pre-Show Stalwart
So this thread is about Tag Teams that the WWE gave us never really pushed to their full potential. Hope you guys like the idea. Here are my three in no particular order.

1. 3 minute warning- I really liked seeing Jamal and Rosey as they had family ties and were both solid big men. They actually looked like a team and I really liked the as Bischoffs thugs.

2. Cryme Tyme- Jtg and Shad were great together and they had what teams having been lacking since a gimmick! Having Shad turn heel came from left field and really screwed both JTG and Shads momentum. They could have worked as a face or heel tag team.

3. London and Kendrick- I think if WWE bought both of these men back tomorrow the crowd would erupt. They were so much fun in the ring. They had a couple title runs but I think they could have been even more successful if WWE didnt split them in the draft.

So what do you guys think of my list and who would you include in yours?

1. Undertaker and Big Show

I think they were known as "The Unholy Alliance". Two of the most dominant men in WWE history combining to make a terrifying tag team. Big Show was still very new to WWE at this point and still in good shape, while 'Taker was probably in his prime. They had a short run with the tag-team belts, but I would have definitely like to have seen them stay as a duo for longer, as they had the potential to absolute dominate the tag-team division as well as competing for singles gold.

2. The Hart Dynasty

It takes time to establish a new team as a credible force and WWE needlessly splits teams without properly giving them a chance to get over. DH Smith and Tyson Kidd came from the Hart Dungeon, they had the pedigree. Both have so much potential and WWE just chose to break up the team when it had nothing for Smith to do, and pushed Kidd for about a month then totally ignored him. When the tag-team division is as weak as it is, why break up probably the best team they had at the time, with nothing good coming from it? The Hart Dynasty could have been a great team.

3. Chris Jericho & Christian

Both guys are two of the most talented wrestlers of their generation. Great in pretty much every aspect of wrestling, and had brilliant chemistry in and out of the ring. Jericho was the bigger name at the time, while Christian hadn't made it to the main event yet, but was still over as hell. I think these 2 could have been a great long-term tag-team but both were more valuable to the WWE as singles competitors at the time.

1. The Hart Dynasty
I loved this group. David Hart Smith, Tyson Kidd and Natalya could have been the next big team if WWE had allowed them to be. Hart Smith was the power man of the group, with Kidd being the high-flying, exciting one. Natalya, obviously the diva of the group, has the ability to be a big-time diva. She is strong, great in the ring and an awesome diva to watch. What helped the most was the background, being from the Hart family, or thereabouts. WWE screwed up big time with this team.

2. Booker T and Goldust
I find Booker T and Goldust to be one of oddest, yet awesome pairing in WWE history. Exactly what did they have in common? Nothing at all, yet they gave me some great, great memories and at times I found Goldust to be one of the most entertaining WWE superstars. Oh man some of the things they did, like the Darth Vader segment, or the hotel bedroom segment with Booker and I assume it was Sharmell, can't remember actually, but it was so funny to me.

3. Chris Jericho and The Miz
This may seem a bit out there considering they were together for like three weeks, however, I find this pairing to be genius. Two guys who are of similar stature and two men who are great on the mic. So they are on a par on those two aspects. They are also two cocky, arrogant and sometimes funny heels. If these two were to reunite I would certainly not be complaining, as they also match in the style of delivering a promo, just like Jericho said about everyone being Jericho wannabe's. Possibly a good tag team here.

Edge and Chris Jericho - Those two were being built to be the big team team of 2009. They were the two top heels in the WWE at the time, and together they would of made the tag team division incredibly exciting. You can have the most exciting cruiserweights taking each other on, but there's no thrill like watching two future hall of famers in their prime teaming up to set the division on fire. As we know, the plan was to turn Edge face in the future for a Mania' feud, but Edge got injured shortly into their reign as tag champs.

The Usos - I actually look forward to watching these guys. They're a FANTASTIC tag team. They could be this generations big WWE tag team. I think that they have a great look, and they are a very traditional tag team. They're not just two wrestling thrown together and given titles, they're actually a great duo in the ring.

Rated-Rko - They had a decent run, and I think in the end it went for as long as it probably needed to, but at the time they're were so awesome to watch. You see alot of cocky/arrogant wrestlers, but it's rarely actually pulled off as well as Edge and Orton did it back in the mid 00's, so seeing them team up was excellent. Their feud with DX was great, and it was a shame that it had to end so short. Even if HHH didn't get injured, either HHH or HBK were meant to go and take on Cena at Mania' anyway.

Runner-up team...

The SES: Straight-Edge Society - Probably the most badass faction of the pg era. Punk and Gallows were an extremely fun team to watch, both in the ring and on the stick. Gallows got the rub from Punk, and it certainly was worth the effort. Usually when a big player teams up with a new comer, it ends in the big player carrying the greener-looking new guy. Gallows was an exception. He was great on the mic, in the ring, and could certainly carry his own. As a team, those two were excellent and had something rare - fantastic and genuine tag team/faction chemistry. It was just too bad that although they received consistent television time and a decent push, they just never really got off the ground.

The Hardy Boys and Edge and Christian...
Now hear me out before y'all start calling me an idiot but WWE did not give these groups enough time on they're own...they stuck them with the Dudley's to give us 2-straight great 'Manias...but they never gave them that spotlight that just hit that team...it was like they all played Hot-Potato with the tag Gold like we do now with The World Belts...

think about it...

who was given the longest reign?

Who was given the most?

Who actually deserved it?

no one will ever know because WWE gave them Spot-filled match, after, spot-filled
match... and expected us to go along...
now i love the hardy's and edge and christian but why try to hurt there carrer's...

And no i'm not hating...i love that era i love 2002-2007 even more but i think vince helped end some careers with his tag team division

I can't pick only three...so many tag teams over the years have not been given a real chance...or were just extremely under-rated, and never reached their potential (IMO)

The Hart Dynasty (DH Smith & Tyson Kidd) - Could have been the team to bring Tag Team Wrestling back from the dead. So many guys in the WWE are far less talented that DH Smith, yet he was released. They split up this team, had no idea how to use either guy. Smith was released, and Kidd hasn't done anything in the past 2 years. Complete waste.

Cryme Tyme (Shad & JTG) - People loved these guys. They were fun, they were different...and just when they started to get over, they were split up. Shad got a make-over and was almost immediately released. JTG hasn't done anything since. Another waste. Oh, and they never got the title shot that they were promised.

Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch - Tons of potential. They had some great matches with the Hardys. Another team that was prematurely split up. Murdoch eventually got released, Cade was released and later rehired. Cade unfortunately passed away. But I wonder what these guys could have accomplished had they actually been given the opportunity.

The Dudebusters (Caylen Croft & Trent Barretta) - 2 young guys who could have definitely been the future of the tag team division. Croft was in development for YEARS and finally was brought up to the main roster, only to be released a few months later. They reminded me a lot of a young Edge & Christian. Too bad we never got to see them evolve. Trent Barretta is still hanging around...being wasted on Superstars and NXT.

Kronik (Brian Adams & Bryan Clarke) - During the Alliance, Kronik was brought in to feud with Undertaker and Kane. They had ONE match at a WWE pay per view and were immediately released. At the time, the match was said to be terrible, but looking back - it's not that serious. I'm sure if the WWE put some effort into developing their characters and hiding some of their flaws, they could have had a solid run.

Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder - I don't remember how these guys were split up - but they were. Ryder is now on the verge of becoming a major player, while Hawkins is floundering. These guys could have really had a nice run with the tag titles for the past few years. Instead, Hawkins has teamed with like, 6 other people...and Ryder has just started to get over in the past 10 months or so.

The World's Greatest Tag Team (Haas & Benjamin) - Seriously, these guys were/are awesome. No reason they shouldn't still be in WWE today. 2 great workers in the ring, who could put on good matches with just about anyone.

Carlito & Primo - These guys were never really given much of a shot. These guys had a lot of potential, and I would much rather see Carlito with Primo, than Epico with Primo. Carlito has a great presence and a lot of charisma, and has the potential to be great in the ring. Primo is a great worker also, and his personality would have eventually come out while teaming with Carlito. Carlito was accused of being "lazy" and "unmotivated" - but when you've been with the company for as long as Carlito was, and were constantly being ignored and shoved to the background, you're probably be a bit disenchanted too.

The Basham Brothers (Doug Basham & Danny Basham) - Their pairing with Shaniqua wasn't exactly great...BUT they went on to be in JBL's "Cabinet". These 2 guys were good workers, and could have made a much bigger impact on the tag team division than they did in their careers. It's a shame they were never really given a shot.

Paul Burchill & William Regal - Burchill had a ton of potential, and Regal is hands down, one of, if not THE most under-rated guy in the industry. I really liked the pairing of these two. Regal was a great mentor, and Burchill really looked like a star at the time. They could have had a solid title run or two...but it never happened.

Doug Furnas & Phil LaFon - Not the most charasmatic guys - but they could go in the ring. I would have liked to see them and Owen Hart & the Bulldog REALLY go at it, and feud for the tag titles. They had a few matches, but they weren't as good as they could have been. I think the WWE shot themselves in the foot, but acknowledging Furnas & LaFon's lack of charisma on television constantly. They could have just been technical wrestlers like Bret, Benoit, etc. who the crowd respects for their ability in the ring. Instead, they were made to look like idiots.

Rhyno & Tajiri - When the WWE ran out of ideas for these guys, they had them team up for a while. I really liked this pairing. I usually don't like makeshift tag teams, but these guys had a history. They also complimented eachothers styles in the ring very well. Both guys were really over too back then. It's a shame nothing really ever became of this pairing.

The Mexicools (Super Crazy, Psicosis & Juventud Guerrera) - Minus the offensive "come to the ring on lawnmowers" gimmick they used - these guys were exciting to watch in the ring. At the time, they could have had some good feuds in the tag division. But they were basically just used a comedy jobbers - and eventually let go.

Chuck Palumbo & Sean O'Haire - Could have had a way better showing during the Invasion angle. O'Haire is one of the biggest wastes of talent the WWE has ever seen. Rumors always go around that he was extremely difficult to work with. If that's true, it's a shame - because the guy had a ton of potential. It sucks that his attitude might have really held back Chuck Palumbo from making a bigger impact during this time.

The APA (Faarooq & Bradshaw) - I think the APA are a very under-rated team. They were really overshadowed by the Dudleys, Hardys and Edge & Christian. But the APA and Too Cool were just as much a part of the tag team division at the time. They could have probably achieved more as a team.

Paul London & Brian Kendrick - Lots of potential, but for some reason or another, the WWE never really gave them a shot. Possibly their attitudes - who knows? Bottomline is, the fans were into them...and they never reached their potential.

I would have loved to see more of the world's greatest tag team. If they would not have broken them up, they could have earned that title.

I'm a huge fan of tag-teams that are brought in by tag teams.

I see very little value in single wrestlers thrown together as a tag-team... It just seems a lazy way to do something with guys who have nothing else.

But Hass/Benjamin came in with Angle and had instant clout. The only problem they had, was they come in at a time when tag-teams were not hot. They were were fighting make-shift teams like Benoit / Rhyno, Eddie / Chavo, Kidman / Mysterio

And as we all know, greatness is brought about by an opponent who is equally great. It is a shame they never got the chance.

I'm gonna go against the norm as usual and pick teams that people haven't seemed to mention yet.

The Highlanders

Anybody remember these guys? They came out dressed like Roddy Piper and had cool theme music and they weighed in at 34 stones? Nobody? Oh well. I do. I liked these guys. They were like a modern day version of the Bushwackers, but cooler. They only had one ppv match, if I'm not mistaken, against The Spirit Squad for the Tag Titles at Unforgiven 2006 and lost. I don't think we ever heard from these guys again after that. I wanted to see more of them. Especially since the Tag Team Division is lacking.

Deuce and Domino (w/Cherry)

Another tag team that people probably don't remember. They reminded me of character right out of Happy Days. I know they held The Tag Titles on one occasion, but they never really got any exposure. I mean, these dudes could wrestle. I believe one of them was the son of Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka. Why not bring them back and put them with Tamina? It'd be pretty cool. Anyway, they had a short lived feud with London and Kendrick, and lost the tag titles to Matt Hardy and MVP, and they suffered the obligatory "Rockers Disease" when Deuce turned on Domino. Deuce was drafted to RAW, Domino stayed on SmackDown and that was that. They had such a short time as a great team. I wanted to see more of these guys, and maybe get a legit push as a top tag team.

Spirit Squad

Yes, I said The Spirit Squad. This could've been one of the most successful Tag Teams in the WWE. I absolutely LOVED these guys. Their gimmick did what it was supposed to do: Annoy people, piss them off, and get booed. I believe WWE missed the boat with these guys on a number of occasions. Instead of winning the Tag Team Titles the night AFTER WrestleMania, they should've won them AT WrestleMania. That would've given these guys HUGE momentum. But then came the Summer of 2006. Granted they were in the Main Event of a ppv, but they were buried by DX. By Fall, Kenny came out as the Leader and they lost their identity. They hid behind a leader instead of everybody having equal shares of the pie. Towards the end, they were just buried by DX a lot, and then they eventually turned on Kenny. These guys could really have been bigger than what they were.

I’m cheating. I have 5. I actually have more, but I’ll keep it to 5.

The Doinks

After WrestleMania IX, I could see them being Tweener Tag Team Champions, taking on all Challengers. I can even see them adding 2 more Doinks, just to really play up the Demolition / Spirit Squad / Bella Twins signature switch.

Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock

They teamed up a couple times, I think, but one match sticks out the most in my mind. Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock vs. The New World Order. It was on Raw on the Road To WrestleMania X8. I think they should have gone on for a little longer, similar to the Insiders Tag Team of Nash and DDP.

The Mega Powers / The Ultimate Maniacs / The Mega Maniacs

Don’t get me wrong, I loved how it turned out. I just wish they dragged it out longer. Maybe add Ultimate Warrior and Brutus The Barber Beefcake to the Stable. They could have faced the team of The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase, Andre The Giant, Zeus, and Ravishing Rick Rude. That’s a Survivor Series Main Event!!

Ultimate Warrior and Macho King Randy Savage should have won the WWE Tag Team Championship a few times. If only the Ultimate Warrior was Steve Borden and Sting was The Artist Formerly Known As Jim Hellwig. Imagine if they switched roles for one second and Steve as the Ultimate Warrior did exactly what he was told to do. No contract breaching, no threatening to walk out of the Main Event of a PPV, and no non-sense. If the Ultimate Warrior just played by the “rules” who knows how many Championships he would have had.

Now if Hogan would have stayed away from the WrestleMania IX Main Event, I’m sure he would have had a rematch against Money Inc at the King Of The Ring PPV. Ego.

Im going to think outside the box. The teams I want to see more of are...

The Uso's - One of the first tag teams to come about in the new era. They had a mediocre feud against The Hart Dynasty and then went away. Now they are repackaged a little. WWE never really used these guys to their full potential and I think it's about time. They come from a long heritage of wrestlers, make these guys like a modern day version of Wild Samoans and let them run wild.

Primo & Epico - Again, these guys come from a wrestliong family. They were brought up as a small faction for a VERY short time, thrown into the tage division against AirBoom, and then nothing. They were given the titles because of Bourne's screw up. These guys are the reigning WWE Tag Team Champions and we haven't seen them as a team since winning the titles.

Kings of Wrestling - Heard so much about these guys but never got to check them out. Now the word on the net is that WWE doesn't want to use these guys as a tag team. What else are they going to do? Get buried in the mid-card after spending 2 years in FCW? Tag team wrestling is amazing, especially with the talents you have. Use these guys to your advantage!

London & Kendrick- One of my favorite teams. These guys worked fantastic together and had one of the most entertaining runs as tag champs in a while.

The Pitbulls- The Jamie Noble & Kid Kash version...These guys weren't together for very long as i believe one got injured and then eventually Kash got fired. I loved their matches with London/Kendrick and really wish we could have gotten a long feud out of the two teams.

Billy & Chuck- Hated them at the time, but i was a reasonably young viewer at the time so looking back now they were a great heel team. Both guys were good, they worked well together and I really enjoyed them as champs.

MNM- They were hot from the start. I believe they won the titles in their debut, or at least soon after. I remember them going right after Rey and Batista I believe who were champs. Regardless they were a great team I wish Morrison & Mercury could have reunited and gone at it again but oh well.

Haas & Benjamin- IMO they have earned the name World Greatest Tag Team. These guys are fantastic together and easily my favorite team. I would love to see them return to the WWE and kickstart the division again.

The Hard Dynasty- Dumb move splitting up one of your best teams only to have neither man amount to a thing. Neither guy even got a shot at anything as a singles star. They were an established team and their family heritage gives them respect.

The APA- Even though i loved JBL as a singles guy, I loved these two together. Their backstage segments were great, their characters were great, and I loved the fake office they had with just a door and they'd make ppl knock and what not.

Calito & Primo- Guys were a fun team, good in the ring, Carlito could control the mike. Another team they shouldn't have split up, and i wish they hadn't let Carlito go.

Los Guerreros- Another really entertaining team. Loved the gimmick and how they used the lie, cheat and steal in their matches. Great heels, but they couldn't last as heels for long as they are way to likable.

Hawkins & Ryder- Even though when they were the major brothers they had very little success, for some reason I instantly liked them. Id love these guys to reunite, they did for one night when Hawkins helped Ryder on superstars about a year ago but that was it.

McGillicuty & Harris- I thought they worked well together. Didn't stand a chance once they joined up with Punk and how the Nexus turned out post Cena-feud. I wouldn't mind seeing them have a redneck gimmick and work as a face team.

3 Minute Warning- Loved these guys when they first came out as Bischoffs thugs. They could move in the ring and were powerhouses. Wish they had a longer run together and got into the tag division more rather then beating down guys every raw.

Christian & Chris Jericho - neither one was doing much at the time, this was around the time RVD was winning tag titles with Booker T & Kane, could have had a nice face vs heel fued.

Flair/Batista: Liked the combination of skill & power, experience & youth - they accomplished their primary goal of WWE at the time, establish Batista as a legit main event caliber force and not just the "other guy" in Evolution behind HHH & Orton, they did what they were supposed to do but they could have done more.

Rated RKO: These two were a perfect fit but WWE had more plans for both, particulalry Edge in the singles scene. Even if they pursued singles agendas I think they could have had a terrific run as teammates, a mini stable if you will, watching each other's backs, helping the other one's cause, then team up periodically on RAW or PPVs. Good teamwork, good chemistry, their characters fit each other well.

If this wasnt a "WWE" thread I would have picked Beer Money - they had a nice run to be sure but just when they were legitimately way over as a team, so much they could have stayed monster heels or been really popular fan favs TNA rushed to split them up, almost out of nowhere, then blew off the impending partner vs partner fued like it was nothing. A lot of potential there.

1. The Rockers. Seriously, WWF? These guys were the most over tag team on the roster at the time, the crowds LOVED them, they brought a new energy to the tag team division, and you never gave them the titles (officially)? What the hell? You blew it with that one, Vince. When their titles that they never officially won were stripped because the ring was busted, you should have redone the match for a TV taping, and had them win them officially.

2. Degeneration-X (Triple H/Shawn Michaels version). Not so much because that specific pairing only won the titles once, but rather for the length of time they held them. It was just under 2 months total. I know Shawn Michaels has held the tag team titles with other partners, but for him and Triple H to have only won it once, and for less than 2 months is a shame. Yeah, they were both singles wrestlers mostly, and only returned to the DX gimmick for fun, but with the history between those two, the bond between them, they could have dominated the tag team scene for a while, just to mess with Mr. McMahon even more.

3. The Road Warriors/Legion of Doom. I know what you are thinking, HUH? How in the hell could the Road Warriors make that list? They are the fucking greatest tag team of all time!!!!! Well, I will tell you. These guys should have ran roughshod over every tag team in the WWF, yet they were booked ridiculously. I get that they were having to deal with Hawk's serious alcohol problems, but the WWF made the LOD look mortal, and that is unforgivable. Their feud with Demolition was lackluster, it should have been so much more than it was. Considering that Demolition was nothing but a poor man's version of LOD, their storyline feud should have culminated in the absolute destruction of the pretenders, instead, we saw Ax step down because of health issues, and Crush elevated in, and it just didn't work. As soon as the LOD entered the WWF, this feud had to happen, but the WWF dropped the ball big time, I think. LOD deserved better than the way it played out.

The Quebecers: I loved these guys. They acted like your typical cowardly heels and always tried to take the shortcut but they could handle themselves in the ring. They had a unique style and were pretty innovative. I thought they were great champions and the belts just looked like they belonged on them. Too bad they lasted under a year in the WWF.

Doug Furnas & Phil Lafon: Take a little bit of the Steiners and mix in a little bit of the Bulldogs and you end up with Furnas and Lafon. They were a few years too late in the WWF. They were very good in the ring but didn’t have much personality. They entered the WWF at the beginning of the attitude era so their ring skills was not enough to overcome the lack of personality. I think they would have done really well in the late 80s and early 90s when the tag scene was hot.

The Heavenly Bodies: I’ve always thought these guys were a little underrated. You wouldn’t know it to look at them but they could pull off some impressive looking moves. The tag division had cooled off considerably by the time the got to the WWF so they didn’t have many teams to work with. I thought they had a good match with the Steiner Brothers at SummerSlam 93. They were splitting time between the WWF and Smokey Mountain in late 1993/early 1994 and by the time they started competing in the WWF more frequently the competition had started to thin. A brief feud with the Smoking Gunns was ok but after that there wasn’t much to work with.

The Headshrinkers- The original Headshrinkers of Samu and Fatu were highly underrated in my opinion. They had the gimmick, the manager(s), and the in ring ability to be a much more dominant tag team then they were. They only won the tag titles on one occasion and held them for only 4 months. The tag division wasn't exactly stacked when they were at their peak so it would have been nice to see them do more.

The Hollywood Blonds- I know this is a WCW team but we're in the old school section so I figure we should open the options beyond just the WWE. The team of Austin and Pillman was tremendous but severely underutilized. They were together for less then a year and only had one title reign. I still don't understand why WCW broke them up so early. They both obviously had great potential as singles stars but WCW should have kept them together longer. They could have been one of the greatest teams of all time.

Cryme Tyme- In an era where tag team wrestling has been awful, Cryme Tyme was one of the few bright spots for me. They had great characters, were very entertaining, and worked well as a team. They were easily the most over team in the WWE during most of their time together, yet they never won the tag titles.

Quebecers for sure, They were great. They did have a good run but I would have liked to see them around longer.

Beverley Brothers- very underrated. Genius fit perfectly with them. I think they could have had a good run with the tag belts.

LOD in WWF- Same as what was mentioned above. Should have gotten a lot more out of their late 90s run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back