25 Sonic the Hedgehog 2 -v -37 Halo

Discussion in 'Hyrule Region' started by Lee, Jun 11, 2011.

?

?

1. Sonic 2

2. Halo: Combat Evolved

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

[​IMG]

Sonic beat Halo 3 last round now it takes on the might of Halo!

[​IMG]

2. Wade's Public Transit Bomb

Wade's Public Transit Bomb Championship Contender

I voted against Sonic 2.

While the addition of the spin dash (or whatever it is *officially* called) was like the biggest improvement to any character ever (okay, I am overrating it), there is a lot about this game that is annoying.

- Tails can kiss my ass. A waste of programming imo. If he went along with you, he was completely awful in the Special Stages. In fact, the little orange shit could cost you an emerald (or seven :glare:) because the AI was just so dumb.

- There are several parts of the game that just made you want to quit playing because of the difficulty. For me, that second Dr. Robotnik fight just about made me give up on the game.

- The game is fairly short for a platformer. (or maybe that is just me and my love for a good RPG) Which is on par for a Sonic game. But at least Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles had Knuckles. This game just had a fucking mutant fox.

The only real plus in this game besides the spin dash was the music. What can I say, I have a soft spot for Sonic music. :p

Loveless likes this.
  3. The Holy One

The Holy One What's really good?

Yes, Tails can kiss my ass as well. If there ever was a waste of data in a video game, Tails in Sonic 2 would be it. But that's not why I'm voting for Halo over Sonic. I'm voting for Halo b/c it's one of the two FPS series that I could play on a daily basis regardless of the game (Call of Duty being the other one). Halo provided a very good sci-fi spin on the FPS genre from blowing up Covenant forces with a variety of plasma weapons to riding through different alien worlds in assault tanks. It basically made the Xbox and while fanboys heavily overrate the series it does deserve some praise. Sonic 2 is a fun platformer but I never got much enjoyment while playing it.

EDIT: What do you know, I misclick on Sonic 2 although I see it already has a lead on Halo so it may be for the best.

4. Sean Valjean

Sean Valjean Lets Bitch About This Thing We Love

I've already stated before that Sonic 2 is arguably my favorite game ever and I'll be backing it heavily in this tournament. Halo is a great game and I have fond memories of it's multiplayer. But I'll take Sonic 2's near-perfect platforming, superb soundtrack and enjoyable levels over Master Chief's exploits any day.

Oh and yes, fuck Tails :)

5. SalvIsWin

SalvIsWin Scientific Skeptic

It's been a long, long time since I played Sonic 2, and while it was a great game, I don't know if I could say it's better than Halo. Unless I'm forgetting something, Sonic 2 wasn't ground-breaking to the platforming genre, and it didn't innovate/revolutionize nearly as much as Halo has. Every FPS past the point of Halo has been influenced by it - pretty much no FPS' have you use health-packs now for instance. Also Halo's multiplayer was on the same level as Goldeneye's imo.

6. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20
    Staff Member Super Moderator

Sonic 2 is so much better its not even funny. It gets my vote here because it has better music, WAY better gameplay, a more memorable cast, and can keep one entertained for hours unlike Halo which bores me within minutes. I never did like that series.

7. TheKingHustla

TheKingHustla The Man Who Saw R-Truth Beat Cena!

I think that they realized how sorry Tails was in 2 because atleast they made him useable in 3, by having the ability to carry Sonic for a little while and fly. Tails was a total waste of time on 2 and I enjoyed letting him die, like during boss fights letting him take all the fire attacks. But one plus was that Sonic 2 had two players. No one wanted to be tails when we played because he couldn't fly but still, it was a race.

8. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

Sonic 2 advances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.