• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

24. Success, Bust or In Between: Mick Foley

Success, Bust or In Between: Mick Foley?

• Success

• Bust

• In Between

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Success, Bust or In Between Series
Brought to you by IDR

----------

You know the series by now, I'd hope, but for those of you who don't, here's the run down:

• Former talents of TNA are to be critiqued regarding their work with TNA, and only their work with TNA for the basis of these polls.
• Any work from the performer that was not done during his/her tenure during TNA should not factor into your vote.
• You can vote them either a success, a bust or in-between if you don't feel they deserve either extreme.​

In addition to your vote, I'd like to know why you feel the way you do. Why was this particular character a success, a bust or in-between? Remember, these are still NO SPAM threads, so spam replies will not be accepted, and will be warned/infracted over to boot. Take the time to formulate an answer that people can get behind or debate.

----------

Next in the series is…

Foley.jpg

Mick Foley

Years with TNA: 3 (2008-2011)
Number of titles runs: TNA World Heavyweight Championship (x1), TNA Legends Championship (x1)

Notable Feuds:

• Kurt Angle via Jeff Jarrett (2008)
• Alex Shelley (2008)
• Main Event Mafia via TNA Frontline (2009)
• Sting (2009)
• Kurt Angle (2009)
• Kevin Nash (2009)
• Abyss (2009)
• Dr. Stevie and Raven via Abyss (2009)
• Eric Bischoff (2010)
• Fortune and Immortal via EV 2.0 (2011)
• Immortal via "The Network" (2011)​

Other Accomplishments:

• Debuted in TNA in 2007 as special guest referee between Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle at Bound For Glory IV
• Was introduced as co-owner of TNA with Jeff Jarrett in 2007
• Is one of only 12 TNA World Heavyweight Champions in TNA history (Kurt Angle, Sting, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy, Mr. Anderson, James Storm, Bobby Roode and Austin Aries)
• Won the TNA Legends Championship on the 200th episode of iMPACT!
• Was an original member of Extreme, Version (EV) 2.0
• Lost to Jeff Jarrett in a No DQ Career vs. Career match set up by Eric Bischoff, forcing Foley to kayfabe leave TNA
• Was revealed as the "Network" consultant on iMPACT! in 2011​

Previous Polls:

Success

23. Angelina Love – 95.12% Success, 4.88% In Between, 0% Bust
01. Christian Cage – 87.72% Success, 12.28% In Between, 0% Bust
07. Awesome Kong – 82.61% Success, 13.04% Bust, 4.35% In Between
22. Alex Shelley – 75.00% Success, 0.00% Bust, 25.00% In Between
08. Christopher Daniels – 68.97% Success, 20.69% In Between, 10.34% Bust
19. Kevin Nash – 67.57% Success, 24.32% In Between, 8.11% Bust
05. Senshi – 66.67% Success, 28.57% In Between, 4.76% Bust
04. Gail Kim – 61.54% Success, 19.23% In Between, 19.23% Bust
20. Ron Killings – 57.58% Success, 6.06% Bust, 36.36% In Between
21. Ric Flair – 44.00% Success, 28.00% Bust, 28.00% In Between
15. Sabu – 43.59% Success, 33.3% Bust, 23.08% In Between
14. "The Franchise" Shane Douglas – 35.90% Success, 35.90% Bust, 28.21%% In Between

Bust

09. Consequences Creed – 80.77% Bust, 19.23% In Between, 0.00% Success
13. Johnny Devine – 79.31% Bust, 17.24% In Between, 3.45% Success
18. Matt Hardy – 67.02% Bust, 26.60% In Between, 6.38% Success
12. Traci Brooks – 61.29% Bust, 25.81% In Between, 12.90% Success
06. Monty Brown – 54.05% Bust, 27.03% In Between, 18.92% Success
11. The Naturals – 48.00% Bust, 28.00% Success, 24.00% In Between
02. Booker T – 46.43% Bust, 33.93% In Between, 19.64% Success

In Between

16. Homicide – 62.50% In Between, 21.88% Success, 15.63% Bust
03. Petey Williams – 52.50% In Between, 35.00% Success, 12.50% Bust
17. Jay Lethal – 52.38% In Between, 38.10% Success, 9.52% Bust
10. Sheik Abdul Bashir – 44.00% In Between, 44.00% Bust, 12.00% Success

Have a request?

Send me a PM with the wrestler, manager, etc. you want to see in the series and if I feel it'll spark discussion I'll do it.​

I think Mick Foley was an overwhelming success in TNA.

I know that people love to bag on TNA for constantly rehashing older guys from "that other company," but the bottom line is that this business is about getting viewers and MAKING MONEY. Foley definitely accomplished both of these things for the company.

I would find it hard to call his time in TNA anything other than a total success.
His TNA World Champion run was actually pretty intriguing and fun to watch. I was shocked when they were willing to put the belt on him, and shock value is good because it makes people tune in. I liked the bit where he drove around carrying the belt with him everywhere, I like that he was CLEARLY PROUD to be the world champion of TNA, despite having three world title reigns with the top dog prior to that.

Obviously, Foley's work with the mic is nearly unmatched. He can get damn near anybody over, and he worked hard in his time at TNA to put over young talent and do solid programs with top talent like Jarrett and Angle.

While I can't say that I was overly thrilled by Foley's time in TNA, it can't be denied that he was among the top stars on the roster for most of his time within the company. Foley came about during a time in which TNA was at some of the lowest days of its existence and when Dixie Carter was in full mark mode. By this time in his career, Mick Foley shouldn't have been among the top guys on the roster because, let's face it, Foley's body has endured so much that he just can't go with anywhere near the gusto or juice that he once did. More often than not, I found myself worried for Foley and hoped he wouldn't hurt himself. His matches were mostly awful because, as I said, Foley is someone that was FAR past his prime. His particular style of wrestling, the hardcore style, left no room for doubt that Foley's days as a true threat have long since been over.

That being said, TNA did give him the green light and Foley is someone that recieved a great deal of television time, exposure and pushes in TNA. Foley's run as TNA World Heavyweight Champion might've sucked, but he did have a run with it and that's more than most wrestlers on the TNA roster will ever be able to say. He might've been awful when he arrived at the dance in TNA, but he did at least arrive. When you consider how much attention Foley garnered, how many big angles & feuds he was involved in, the fact that he was a main eventer and World Champion in TNA for a while; I have to say his time was ultimately a success.

He is a success IMO. Mick had one lousy World Title reign. BUT that doesn't matter to me. The point of world title runs are to try to gain viewership. And that's exactly what it did. Mick didn't have a good run in TNA, but he did what the company needed of him, and he attracted viewers. So he is a success.

I was giving this a lot of thought, and he was bordering on In between territory too. He had two crappy title runs, he was involved in stupid storylines with Abyss, Dr. Stevie, and Raven. But he still is a success because the reigns, and storylines are TNAs fault. Not Micks.

I had to vote success. To do what he did in TNA at that point in his career is enough to make him a success. He was in a few good programs and I didn't mind his title run. It seems like he brought in some viewers as TNA was pretty low before he came in. His title reigns weren't the best, but he definitely had the fans support so all in all I think he was a success.

Foley stepped in and was a straight success through to even his less than appealing departure as the "Network" Executive.

I can still recall and revel in all his skits and promos from when he won the TNA World Heavyweight Championship (just the 5th ever champion when he won it), and considering how entertaining they were, I find it quite difficult to vote otherwise.

I was initially going to vote "In Between" for Mick, but the more I thought about it, the more I remembered that I enjoyed his TNA run, so I went for "Success" in the end.

The TNA World Title run was never going to be a long one, Foley's age and condition after years of brutal matches meant that he couldn't wrestle regularly to a high standard, but the fact he won it when noone thought he would was a fantastic "feel good" moment and one that Foley deserved after all he has put into the business.

His mic work was always solid, Mick never disappoints when he cuts a promo and he is always good when it comes to putting over and building up young talent.

Plus, just having Mick Foley join the company when TNA was struggling a bit was a big coup for them, his name value attracted more viewers which is exactly what a big name signing should do. I know his matches werent great and his title run wasn't the best, but you got what you asked for with Mick Foley- entertainment, good promos, and 100% effort.

So I voted "Success"

BANG BANG!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back