24 Red Dead Redemption -v - Mass Effect 2 105

Discussion in 'Sera Region' started by Lee, Jun 6, 2011.

?

?

1. RDR

2. ME2

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

[​IMG]

Two of 2010s top games square off in this duel.

[​IMG]

2. JGlass

JGlass Unregistered User

Red Dead Redemption is my favorite game ever, so it's not even close for me. I have played through the story mode multiple times and have yet to get bored, and I've spent hours on end playing online multiplayer. I cannot sing this game's praises enough, but I will try.

First of all, what could be better than a game set in the Wild West? Cowboys riding around, shooting guns at outlaws, exploring the wilderness (which is composed of the most beautiful scenery you'll ever see in a video game as far as I'm concerned). The concept of the game was spectacular to begin with, and they executed it perfectly. The guns fire like you'd suspect a gun in the late 1800s to fire. The combat characteristics are also great, as you have a realistic cover system that isn't broken like the cover system in GTA4.

The missions were fantastic, straight out of Spaghetti Westerns. You chase after a moving train, bust into a fort full of outlaws armed to the teeth, you race around the desert with a bunch of homicidal maniacs... it's like you're acting out all the traditional Wild West moments in a video game.

When you're not doing the missions, you can hunt, do sharp shooting contests, try your like at cards or dice, duel, or just explore the landscape and encounter all sorts of new and interesting people.

Red Dead Redemption is a perfect game in my book, and it definitely deserves to win this match up.

3. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20
    Staff Member Super Moderator

I voted for Red Dead Redemption because it was a great game that completely surprised me and surpassed all my expectations for it. I'm not a fan of Mass Effect 2, and I do like Red Dead Redemption so it gets my vote here.

4. SalvIsWin

SalvIsWin Scientific Skeptic

RDR and ME2 have a lot of the same qualities: great story, great characters, great voice acting. However ME2 is a far more amibitious game than RDR. The story was much more grand, and is weaving together a complex narrative, whereas RDR was an isolated story. ME2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and I really can't see where RDR would have it beat, only equalled, whereas I can see a few areas in which ME2 is better.

5. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

Mass Effect 2 wins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.