2015's Best Matches So Far...

Hard Hit Prince

Not really working as a
I've been 'away' from wrestling for a better part of a year. I caught glimpses here and there, I watched 'Mania and tried to follow what happens in WWE (via KB's website honestly), but I actually don't know what's been up to as far as "in-ring quality" goes.

So, in your opinion, what were the best wrestling matches of the year so far? Don't neglect any company - Lucha Underground, TNA, New Japan, AAA, WWE, ROH and PWG are in!

Kevin Owens vs. John Cena - Any of their matches are classics.

Can't think of anymore great ones, the Owens/Cena series is all that comes to mind.

Not to play devil's advocate with anybody, but if Cena was in it, odds are it was spectacular this year.

Reigns v Bryan at Fastlane. Cesaro and Cena had a couple of great matches too. I'll also say Reigns/Brock, Sasha/Bailey and Cena/Owens. The triple threat match at Rumble has definitely been the match of the year so far.

Shinsuke Nakamura Vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
AJ Styles Vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
Michael Elgin Vs Tomohiro Ishii
Kazuchka Okada Vs Shinsuke Nakamura
Hirooki Goto Vs Shinsuke Nakamura
Katsuyori Shibata Vs Tetsuya Naito
Kota Ibushi Vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
Tomoaki Honma Vs Tomohiro Ishii (Both New Beginnings and the G1)
Hirooki Goto Vs Tomohiro Ishii
Ibushi Vs Shibata

All of these matches are from the G1, there are more but this is straight off the top of my head

Johnny Mundo vs Prince Puma - "All Night Long" - LU

John Cena vs Kevin Owens - "Money In The Bank" - WWE

Bayley vs Sasha Banks - "Takeover: Brooklyn" - NXT

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kota Ibushi - "Wrestle Kingdom 9

In Tokyo Dome" - NJPW

Hijo Del Perro Aguayo vs Myzteziz - "Sin Limite" - AAA

From 1 to 5 how I judged.

New Japan's had more than a few classics this year;

1.Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Shinsuke Nakamura in the G1 climax final was a fucking classic.
2.Nakamura vs Kota Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom was arguably the best match of the year.
3.Kazachuki Okada/Kota Ibushi vs A.J. Styles... either one is worth a watch.
4. Basically anything with Tanahashi, Nakamura, Ibushi, Okada, or Styles is worth a watch but if you're looking for classics than start with the four above.
5. Lesnar vs Rollins vs Cena at Rumble was one of the best triple threat matches I've seen of all time.
6. Any Owens vs Cena match.
7. Cesaro vs Cena on Raw... people seem to have forgotten about this but it was arguably the greatest match on Raw ever.
8. Jay Lethal vs Jay Brisco at Best in the World.
9. Bayley vs Sasha Banks at Takeover Brooklyn. If you watch one match on this list, let it be this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back