• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2013 Wrestlezone Team of the Year

Who is the Team of the Year?

• Miami Heat

• Boston Red Sox

• Louisville Cardinals Men's Basketball

• Alabama Crimson Tide Football

• Manchester United F.C.

• The All Blacks - New Zealand Rugby

• Bayern Munich

Results are only viewable after voting.

Megatron

Justin Verlander > You
Here are your candidates for Wrestlezone's 2013 Team of the Year. Please choose one of the below and state as to why (if you are to post in here). They are in the order that they were nominated.

Miami Heat
Boston Red Sox
Louisville Cardinals Men's Basketball
Alabama Crimson Tide Football
Manchester United F.C.
The All Blacks – New Zealand Rugby Team
Bayern Munich

Bayern Munich won basically everything they possibly could last season. Objectively, they have it locked up.

Let's look at it this way: How did these teams do last year? The majority of them were at the top of their ranks, right? How about the Red Sox?

Literally worst record in 2012. Brand new staff. Ignoring their needs of finding a team identity to bring a city together in the midst of tragedy. And in the end, worst to first. If those guys don't deserve Team of the Year, I don't know who does.

Realistically I can only vote for one of the Heat and the Red Sox because those are the only sports I follow. Or I could not vote at all, as would be the responsible thing to do, but come on, I could hardly call myself an American if I followed those kind of voting practices.

I choose the Heat because winning the NBA Championship is fucking hard, man. Look at all the super teams in the past that never managed to get a ring, let alone two in a row. Yes, they're objectively the most talented team in the league and yes, they play in a conference significantly weaker than their major opposition (i.e. the major Western Conference teams) but they've looked the part of an NBA Dream Team more than many other previous incarnations ever have and added a second ring this year in an incredibly intense, gritty, and hard fought Finals against the Spurs. Living up to expectations is okay when the expectations were set as sky high for this team as they were when it came together. So far in 2013 they still look like the best team in the NBA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back