2013 NFL Hall of Fame Class Announced

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
As per tradition, the NFL Hall of Fame class was announced the day before the Super Bowl. Going in this year were Bill Parcells, Warren Sapp, Cris Carter, Jonathan Ogden and Larry Allen. Two senior selections in Curley Culp and Dave Robinson were also inducted.

Thoughts on the class? Should anyone else have gotten in? Should some of these not gone in? Thoughts on the players in general? Remember that the NFL has a limit of 6 (I think) non-senior selections every year.

I beleive it's actually 5 selections a year, which is why some players that would be deemed no-brainers by the general public don't get in on their first ballot.

I really have no issues with any of the guys being inducted this year, all deserve a spot in the HOF, so even if they didn't get in this time around it would've happened eventually. I don't know who else was eligible this year, that didn't get in so I really can't comment on that. Overall I can be pretty happy with this class, though it's kinda weird that players whom I've watched throughout their entire careers in the NFL are now going into the HOF.

God dammit...Cris Carter will finally stop bitching but now we'll never hear the end of it from Michael Strahan.

You will if you don't watch him, I had no idea Carter bitched about the HOF until just now when you complained about it.

Definitely a good class and everyone deserved to get in. The only change I would have made was have Strahan get in over Sapp. Sapp had a first ballot career and there's no doubt Strahan will likely be getting in next year, but I think he was slightly more deserving then Sapp. Strahan finished in the top 5 on the all time sacks list and he was also one of the better run stopping defensive ends of all time. Again, both guys are deserving and you can't go wrong with either one, but if I'm nitpicking then that is the one change I would make.

Sapp had a first ballot career and there's no doubt Strahan will likely be getting in next year, but I think he was slightly more deserving then Sapp.

I 100% agree and am actually upset Sapp got voted in over Strahan.

Strahan is a record setter and went out on top, playing his entire career with one team. Sapp, while the best at his position for many years, still doesn't have close to the amount of sacks and tackles Strahan does, is someone who bounced around towards the later end of his career, was a very dirty player, and he didn't set anywhere near the kind of record(s) Strahan set. Not to mention Warren Sapp is a piece of shit and Strahan is a good guy. I just don't see any kind of argument that justifies Warren Sapp getting voted in over Michael Strahan.

I 100% agree and am actually upset Sapp got voted in over Strahan.

Strahan is a record setter and went out on top, playing his entire career with one team. Sapp, while the best at his position for many years, still doesn't have close to the amount of sacks and tackles Strahan does, is someone who bounced around towards the later end of his career, was a very dirty player, and he didn't set anywhere near the kind of record(s) Strahan set. Not to mention Warren Sapp is a piece of shit and Strahan is a good guy. I just don't see any kind of argument that justifies Warren Sapp getting voted in over Michael Strahan.

Defensive ends and defensive tackles have different responsibilities and Sapp is second all-time among DT's in terms of sacks. I have no problem with Sapp being inducted and this isn't the Good Guy Hall of Fame.

Surprised Charles Haley, Will Shields, or Andre Reed haven't made it in yet.

I know that the induction restrictions make it hard for many to get in on the earlier ballots for which they're eligible, and the amount of different positions and effect on the game has to be considered and will weigh much differently in different sets of eyes. I also know that there are plenty of solid defensive players who have been thus far overlooked, Kevin Greene being one, and now you can add Strahan, but...

To me its a travesty how long the selectors take to recognize deserving wide receivers. Whether we go back to guys like Art Monk or Lynn Swann, or take in to account the most recent example of Cris Carter, WR seems to be a position that is routinely overlooked during the voting process and many very deserving men stay on the outside looking in for far too long.

With that said; Tim Brown should not have to keep waiting, he shouldn't be forced to endure what Lynn Swann for example was forced to endure. Brown IS a hall of famer and should be recognized as such, and to the exact same point I feel identically about the case for Andre Reed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back