2004-2006 WWE Rewards Loyalty(Long)

KBooG15

Occasional Pre-Show
From February '04 to the summer of '06, many WWE wrestlers have been given the World/WWE championship and rightfully so. The men I will mention all have been very loyal to the WWE and have proven throughout their careers that they deserve to be called "champion" and go down in wrestling history.

Eddie Guerrero - Eddie had been wrestling for many years and was quite successful. He ran into some personal problems and overcame them to become WWE champion!

Chris Benoit - After many years of being held back, and many years of performing 5 star quality matches, Benoit finally won the big one at WM20. His hard work and dedication paid off at what could be one of the most emotional moments in WM history.

Bradshaw - He has been with the WWE for 13+ years. He has been everything from a jobber to a bodyguard to a Tag Team Champion. After a gimmick change and some pure luck, he finally got his time in the limelight and won the ultimate prize in sports entertainment. He also held the title for almost a year which hasnt been done in almost a decade.

Edge - While Edge has been with the WWE for a long time, he doesn't have the senority like JBL, however, their stories are similar. Low carder to mid carder to one of the greatest Tag Teams ever to moster heel and Main Event. He finally got his time at the begining of this year and proclaimmed that the summer of '06 was his...and it was. Lets just hope that its not his last title reign.

Rey Mysterio - Many argue that Rey's big win at WM22 was mainly due to his close friend Eddie Guerrero's death. It could very well be, but no one works harder each and every night than Rey. He's been doing it his whole career.

RVD - Maybe the most deserving world champ ever. He finally got the big one at this past years ECW ONS. He's been entertaining fans for years and now he can finally mark his spot in wrestling history.

Booker T - Booker has been a 5 time WCW champion. That is a very impressive feat, however, most regins came when WCW was dying or in WWF. He finally can call himself World Champion of WWE.

Some guys that deserve to be on this list:

1 - Kane - 24 hour regin does not justify his amazing career.

2 - Val Venis - Loyal, great wrestling skills, great mic skills, great gimmick.

If you want to go with loyalty and skills i'd have to say Holly or Al Snow..

KBooG15 said:
2 - Val Venis - Loyal, great wrestling skills, great mic skills, great gimmick.

Good points made except for this one. Val Venis as WWE champion? Yikes.

Yes, he has been very loyal to WWE but he could never get over as a main eventer, especially at this stage of his career after years of doing next to nothing excpet wrestle on Heat and show up on Raw every so often to job.

I think Val Venis could get over as champ, great gimmick, look, mic skills and has vetren status.
Nobody mentioned Matt Hardy or Scottie Too Hottie as people that have been very loyal to World Wrestling Entertainment, I think Matt deserved to be in U.S Title contention way before Ken Kennedy.
Scottie should get his chance in the cruiserweight limelight as well.

all of those guys deserved a world championship reign, and Kane should get another shot at it as well adn I think that he will, but in response of not being able to see Val Venis as champion one day would anybody ever have thought that Bradshaw would have been champion either.

While I agree, the wrestlers on this list were very loyal and all deserved to be the wwe champ at one point or another, the reason for them becoming champs are not strictly because of loyalty. I can see 2 other reasons: #1 and this is especially true on the smackdown side, the lineup at the top was growing thin(ie retirements, injuries and so on) so it only made sense to give some of the guys who were with the business for a while a chane to hold the title, as if they gave it to a younger guy(ie orton) it would go to their head and might ruin their future wwe career. These "older" guys have proved time and time again that they can handle the pressure, so are given the title until someone wwe deems to be the next big thing(batista, cena) can take the title from them. The second reason is that wwe came into a new era, and were desperate to see if any of these wrestlers were capable of carrying the wwe. Would these wrestlers equal ratings, if so then they were truly championship material, if they didn't (ala mysterio, sorry buddy but even though I like and respect the hell out of ya, i just wasn't interested in seeing ya as champ). Some of these "older" guys have taken their opportunities and run with them(edge being probably the top of the list, b/c quite franky it was his time and he has it all, mic skills, wrestling skills and the ability to get the fans to really back him up or hate him).

As for other superstars I would like to see have the chance to hold the title, for sure Kane is at the top. He has been around for a long time and has gone through a lot of crap, and totally deserves the title. Another guy i'd like to see is Matt Hardy, though this probably won't happen b/c he has zero mic skills. I also wouldn't mind seeing Benoit have the title again. When he comes back from injury, I think he and Booker T could have quite the good feud for the wwe title.

i think bob holly should of got to be the champ he was in the wwe for 12 years

logan said:
i think bob holly should of got to be the champ he was in the wwe for 12 years

Remember when they gave him a WWE title shot at Royal Rumble 2004?

All he did was go in and get annihalated by Brock Lesnar lol.

And Isn't that one of the reasons why Brock Lesnar quit, cuz he didn't want to fight nobody's like Bob Holly...

healyz84 said:
And Isn't that one of the reasons why Brock Lesnar quit, cuz he didn't want to fight nobody's like Bob Holly...

lol I believe so and I don't blame him. He also said things like the travel schedule werent for him.

But he was also convinced he would be able to walk into the NFL despite not playing football at College hence why he left.

Loyality....
*THE UNDERTAKER :Through out all the years and the bullshit the Taker has been with the WWE through the thick and thin. Great Career.

*KANE : He is loyal as well his career since debuting after the stupid Issac Yankeem and Fake Diese gimmicks has skyrocketed and has been there for any stupid angle they put him in ....I.E. the wedding angle on raw..LOL

Val Venis : Gets no respect for his talent..Heat matches WOW..Whoopie..
(dont we all remember RTC that was a good heel faction)

Bob Holly : Thurman Sparky Plug remember that god that was terrible , but through the injuries and years he has always shown up and done what was asked

Shawn Michaels : Enough Said
Triple HHH: Enough Said
Steve Austin : Enough Said

healyz84 said:

a perfect case of "getting to his head" in brock lesnar.. i always liked holly.. mic skills are ok.. and he's one tough wrestler.. he deserves a wwe belt, but if he can get an ecw title.. why not.. go sparky, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back