Frontman of the WZ Band!!
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 2000's Bracket;
Round One, Match Two​

The Departed
the-departed-20061006115525350.jpg

vs.

Wedding Crashers

wedding%20crashers.jpg

The Departed, and it's not close. Wedding Crashers gets too sappy at the end, the comedy is lost towards the end. If it wasn't for Will Ferrell and Vince Vaughn, the movie would be terrible.

The Departed, however is an amazing movie. Matt Damon's performance is great. His character is such a coward, you can't wait to see him get his block knocked off. His role stood out most to me, but all of the roles are great. The movie is very intense at times, you think people could die at any second. Eventually, almost everyone does.

The Departed kills Wedding Crashers. Plain and simple.

I love "The Wedding Crashers", but no fucking way in hell will I vote for it over "The Departed". "The Departed" is my second favorite film of all time and I will vote for it against nearly every other movie in this tournament. As the time goes by and "The Departed" advances and starts to go up against stronger competition, I'll express my opinion about it more, but for now I think it's obvious that it's far superior to "The Wedding Crashers" and deserves to advance.

In the meantime, I will give some credit to "The Wedding Crashes". It's a great romance comedy. I would've cast someone else over Owen Wilson, but the writing is so good that even with a leading man who I don't care much for, I still enjoyed the hell out of this movie nonetheless. Also, Will Ferrell's short part in it is fantastic. He stole the show, to me. Very fun film.

Wedding Crashers is horrible, a terrible movie. The next funny movie that Owen Wilson or Vince Vaugh are in, will be the first movie that either of them are funny in. I like the departed, but don't think it is as great as it is made out to be, and certainly shouldn't have been the movie that Scorsesee won his first Best Director award on. However, the story is great, and the acting is superior, and this movie has no problem defeating a crapfest like Wedding Crashers.

The Departed is a fantastic film. Matt Damon is fantastic in pretty much every movie he is ever in. This is no exception. This movie should have no problem defeating Wedding Crashers, which is an enjoyable movie. But lets face it. It is nowhere near good enough to beat this movie, plus even though it is enjoyable it isnt really that funny. The Departed is amazing and should topple this film.

Wedding Crashers is one of the handful of movies in this that I haven't seen. That being said, all that means is it won't lose as badly as it would otherwise. Departed is just a great film, but I don't think it'll be able to hang with the big boys in the end. Nicholson is always great, and Damon was excellent in this. With those two under Scorsese, how can you go wrong?

This should not even be a contest. Wedding Crashers is a fun party flick to put on when you've got a bunch of people over getting drunk and rowdy. Not exactly college course material. Scorsese on the other hand is the most prolific director of all time (I wouldn't anoint him the best; Lynch holds that honor for me) and the fact that a great, great film like the Departed is only maybe his 5th or 6th best film says everything that needs to be said about the man.

The Departed should win this, and in a landslide.

(PS: Where are the polls?)

I'm surprised that Wedding Crashers even made the tournament, it really wasn't all that great, it was decent, but I can name several that are easily better. Had this match been The Departed vs Meet the Parents or The Departed vs Old School, The Departed wouldn't have had a chance. But since its opponent is Wedding Crashers, I'll have to give the nod to The Departed

The wedding crashers shouldn't even be in same sentence as The Departed when it comes to which is better. Wedding crashers to me is just stupid college humor. It had it funny scenes here in there but overall i didn't find it very funny. Now The Departed has to be one of my favorite movies of all time.

Everyone in the movie did their roll great now Mark Wahlberg him i found hilarious in the film compared to the wedding crashers. The story in The Departed i found fucking amazing with it's twists and turns. Leonardo's performance stood out to me i thought he played his part good. But to me Matt Damons performance stood out the most without giving anything away his performance in the film is what makes it one of my favorites might even be the best in his career.

The Departed hands down.

I always find it hard to get through a Vince Vaughn movie, I really do. The Break-up, Dodgeball, and Wedding Crashers. They start out hot, he is grumpy all the way through, then it drags on near the end. Sure it is funny, but it isn't anything great. The Departed on the other hand is great. It is a very smart movie, with a great storyline. The actors, wow the acting. Leo is becoming one of the best actors on the planet. Damon does a normally good job, and Jack hits it out of the park. They are way better than Vince and Owen in Wedding Crashers. This should be an easy win.

I don't get all the love for The Departed. It's a good film, but I don't see it becoming any sort of classic. I'd put it in the same category as Gladiator. It was one of the better films of that year. But it wouldn't have stood a chance at the Ocars if the competition was stronger.

Saying that, it's better than The Wedding Crashers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back